PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] HELP With HDD please!!

adamandvicci
01-11-14, 17:00
I have tried version 69 / 70 and 71. Bought this for a mate. He had already bought an External HDD which I have formatted to Fat32.

Totally clean install on a new box. Once the HDD comes into use the box goes completely to cock. I am wanting to use it for recordings and timeshift only. Seperate USB for EPGs etc.

Has anyone any ideas? I am sat in a pile of my own hair.

HDD is Samsung D3 2TB USB3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
New from CCL

((Apologies if I am not allowed to link a Hard Drive??))

Please someone help me:confused:

judge
01-11-14, 17:14
Format the HDD to EXT4 format using the box.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Initialisation.

adamandvicci
01-11-14, 17:31
Format the HDD to EXT4 format using the box.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Storage devices -> Initialisation.

Done this. Just stops on reboot unless hdd unplugged.

bbbuk
01-11-14, 18:09
I found this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1798-Setting-up-your-external-USB-HDD-with-your-Solo-the-easy-way!) thread. It is an old thread so it may not be necessary to do all that now. Maybe another forum member or mod/admin could clarify if this procedure is needed for external usb hdd's.

I have an internal HDD with my solo2 and don't have any issues so can't comment on whether there are problems with external usb hdd's.

adamandvicci
01-11-14, 19:20
I found this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1798-Setting-up-your-external-USB-HDD-with-your-Solo-the-easy-way!) thread. It is an old thread so it may not be necessary to do all that now. Maybe another forum member or mod/admin could clarify if this procedure is needed for external usb hdd's.

I have an internal HDD with my solo2 and don't have any issues so can't comment on whether there are problems with external usb hdd's.

Thanks, tried this as soon as I change the mount path to Usb from Hdd, the box freezes and bootloops. :confused:

nsw9154
01-11-14, 19:33
Dose the External HHD have a separate power supply or is it powered from the USB socket, as the USB sockets will not be powerful enough to run it
if you have followed the instructions like judge said it should work, I am using a 3.5" 1TB Samsung External Drive that I used to use in my old Solo2 without a problem Running alongside my internal 3TB Drive
have you tried mounting it through the Vix menu with Mount Manager

38135 38136

bbbuk
01-11-14, 22:07
I thought when you initialised a drive, it automatically mounted it?

adamandvicci
01-11-14, 22:32
Dose the External HHD have a separate power supply or is it powered from the USB socket, as the USB sockets will not be powerful enough to run it
if you have followed the instructions like judge said it should work, I am using a 3.5" 1TB Samsung External Drive that I used to use in my old Solo2 without a problem Running alongside my internal 3TB Drive
have you tried mounting it through the Vix menu with Mount Manager

38135 38136

Seperate power supply and still causes a bootloop.... Im losing the will to live

nsw9154
01-11-14, 22:42
Have you checked to make sure that it will work with a PC as you might have s Dead Drive as NEW DRIVES can Fail I would try then that will eliminate the Hard Drive

you could also try and format it with MiniTool Partition Wizard in windows as that has the option to format in EXT3 and EXT4 formats it's worth a try :)

judge
01-11-14, 22:51
Seperate power supply and still causes a bootloop.... Im losing the will to live

If you plug it in after the box boots, does it mount then?
If so, format it in the box then.

adamandvicci
03-11-14, 11:02
If you plug it in after the box boots, does it mount then?
If so, format it in the box then.

It does mount just wont restart. Then it goes into continuous bootloop