PDA

View Full Version : Need advice?

flunky54
31-10-14, 23:33
Okay after being ticked of by the moderators I will try to write this without inferring anything, I have a Ferguson 102E Satellite reciever bought back from Spain, we have just ditched our Sky system and are looking to get the same from the satellite receiver plus a Humax box or similar. What would be the best solution to get the similar to a Sky HD box, is it worth ditching the Ferguson box and get an all in one system or something like the above?

Thx

Flunky54

Larry-G
02-11-14, 18:18
The Ferguson is a nice little receiver but it is closed source and therefore you are limited in what you can do with it. a enigma based receiver would allow a greater degree of customisation and allow you to set it up as close to a sky box as you can get from a third party machine, but even then you won't be able to watch encrypted pay TV without some form of subscription package.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

flunky54
08-11-14, 20:25
Thanks Phoenix, really appreciate the advice:)

Flunky54

flunky54
08-11-14, 21:01
Hi again Phoenix, just been looking at the VU+Duo on the site, would that be a similar box to our Sky+ box and if so could I put the HDD drive from that into the VU+Duo or would I need to order a HDD to be fitted when I buy it?

Stanman
08-11-14, 21:34
You can put the hdd from.the sky box into the duo.

flunky54
09-11-14, 12:39
Thanks v much Stanman, will be ordering the VU+Duo right now from WoS :)