PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Tuner A & B Problem - Unable to record one channel and watch another

bartjunited
31-10-14, 22:32
I bought a Solo 2 from the forum sponsor a couple of weeks ago and had it working fine.

However in the last couple of days Ive noticed something really odd happening.

I cant seem to watch one channel and record another, as soon as i start recording if I navigate to another channel the screen is just blank.

Now I have 2 feeds going from the LNB to the both.
Ive used ABM to search for the channels.
Both Tuners are pointing at 28.2E and have good signal.

I have searched the forum for similar posts made this year and last and theyve not helped.

I have gone into Set up -System-Customise and set Preferred Tuner to AUTO and Preferred Tuner for Recording to AUTO as well.
Restarted and this didnt help.

Im running out of ideas as to what the problem can be but seeing as there have been similar posts before Im sure there must be an answer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Bart

judge
31-10-14, 22:49
Are you using an old version of Cccam? If so update to 2.3.0 or try oscam, both currently available in the plugin feeds.

bartjunited
31-10-14, 23:02
Are you using an old version of Cccam? If so update to 2.3.0 or try oscam, both currently available in the plugin feeds.

thanks for that

I was using an old version of 2.2.1
and just as I got your reply I was about to update to 2.3.0

This looks like its worked (fingers crossed)

Thanks for the advice

guff daddy
31-10-14, 23:51
Having the same issue on my GBQuad - I have 2 x 28.2E tuners and 2 x DTT - DTT working fine when recording but if I record a satellite channel the other sat tuner is unavailable. This is happening with FTA and encrypted and I'm running CCcam 2.30

Sat A configured as 28.2
Sat B configured as equal to Sat A
This is the way I've always had these configured. Currently on Apollo 070

judge
01-11-14, 00:13
Set Sat B as configured as 28.2 too, does that help?

guff daddy
01-11-14, 01:17
Thanks for the suggestion but no, doesn't change anything. I've had twin tuners for years (VU+ Duo before the Quad) and always had them configured like this. I think it's since I upgraded to 070 but not sure.

judge
01-11-14, 01:43
Thanks for the suggestion but no, doesn't change anything. I've had twin tuners for years (VU+ Duo before the Quad) and always had them configured like this. I think it's since I upgraded to 070 but not sure.
Did you restart the box after using a newer Cccam?
Are you using the cams from the plugin feeds?
Did you restart the box after changing tuner configs to how they should be preferably set?
Have you tried using OsCam or any other cam from the feeds?

guff daddy
01-11-14, 13:06
Did you restart the box after using a newer Cccam?
Are you using the cams from the plugin feeds?
Did you restart the box after changing tuner configs to how they should be preferably set?
Have you tried using OsCam or any other cam from the feeds?

I didn't use a newer CCcam - always had 2.30 - installed from plugin feeds.
Restarted box.
Haven't used OsCam.

I don't think it is CAM related - it happens when recording one FTA channel and viewing another - unless the 2nd channel is on the same transponder as the recorded channel.

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 13:13
I didn't use a newer CCcam - always had 2.30 - installed from plugin feeds.
Restarted box.
Haven't used OsCam.

I don't think it is CAM related - it happens when recording one FTA channel and viewing another - unless the 2nd channel is on the same transponder as the recorded channel.
Try doing a full satellite scan on tuner B if u have quad do a scan on all tuners.

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 13:39
Try doing a full satellite scan on tuner B if u have quad do a scan on all tuners. Hi Guys, Just purchased a QUAD MUT@ANT HD 2400 and having the same problem while recording can't watch another using Vix image 70.

bellejt
01-11-14, 13:55
working fine here with 4 coded recordings on 4 tuners on VU+ DUO2.Vix 70 cccam 2.3.0

abu baniaz
01-11-14, 14:01
Hi Guys, Just purchased a QUAD MUT@ANT HD 2400 and having the same problem while recording can't watch another using Vix image 70.

How many tuners?
Do all tuners have a cable?
How is each tuner configured?
Did you use automatic diseqc for selecting satellite on each tuner?
Does issue affect FTA as well as encrypted channels?
Which cam are you using?
Which version of cam are you using?

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 14:19
Just unpluged my Quad VU+Ultimo and installed my MUT@NT in its place. Have a separate cable to each tuner, tuner setup simple/simple single satellite 28.2 on al 4, Cccam 2.2.1, will record free channels but not encrypted.

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 14:21
Just unpluged my Quad VU+Ultimo and installed my MUT@NT in its place. Have a separate cable to each tuner, tuner setup simple/simple single satellite 28.2 on al 4, Cccam 2.2.1, will record free channels but not encrypted.
Wiil record encrypted channels bit then you cant watch anything else while recording.

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 14:38
working fine here with 4 coded recordings on 4 tuners on VU+ DUO2.Vix 70 cccam 2.3.0
How have you got your tuners setup, Simple/Single, Advanced, Equal to A,

guff daddy
01-11-14, 15:04
Having the same issue on my GBQuad - I have 2 x 28.2E tuners and 2 x DTT - DTT working fine when recording but if I record a satellite channel the other sat tuner is unavailable. This is happening with FTA and encrypted and I'm running CCcam 2.30

Sat A configured as 28.2
Sat B configured as equal to Sat A
This is the way I've always had these configured. Currently on Apollo 070

Turns out that it was a faulty cable - should have checked that first :o

abu baniaz
01-11-14, 15:29
On latest images, if you are using CCcam, you need 2.30 for multiple decryption

Larry-G
02-11-14, 18:04

As Abu says, your problem is the version of CCcam you are using, update to 2.3.0 and you will be good to go.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Blu-ray
02-11-14, 20:13
As Abu says, your problem is the version of CCcam you are using, update to 2.3.0 and you will be good to go.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Updated to Openvix 071 yesterday and presto everything was ok and working including all the recording and no tuners available.