PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Picture corruption on recordings

fudgyfingers
31-10-14, 13:22
I haven't seen this mentioned so I'm not sure if it's just an issue with the Vu+ Solo2 but when I playback recordings that have been recorded on the dual tuner I regularly get picture corruption that lasts about 0.5 seconds. It appears to be related to me changing live TV channels whilst another channel is being recorded. If no channels are changed whilst a programme is recorded the playback has no picture corruption at all.

When watching TV live there's no picture corruption at all. I haven't tried any software apart from OpenVIX on my Vu+ Solo2. And it's happened on all the OpenVIX versions I've tried.

Is this a "feature" of the Solo 2 or could it be some other issue? I'm running an internal SATA hard drive for the recordings.

john doe
31-10-14, 13:42
i had same issue the other day, but on mine if if I record and go to bed and watch next day the picture freezes for a second or two or pixelates for few second.

had to delete everything and ftp everything over and restart solo2 and router and everything was fin.

Tkr001
01-11-14, 05:35
I see this issue on my duo2 and solo2. I have tracked it down to recording 2 or more hd channels at the same time. Any number of sd channels simultaneously recording is fine and 1 hd and many sd is fine.

I have leaned to limit myself to 1 hd recording at a time.

DaMacFunkin
01-11-14, 07:36
The only thing i have seen was last week, i was recording Emmerdale on ITV HD From 28.2 whilst i was recording SKY Arts HD on cable tuner, the playback of Emmerdale looked like the wrong frame rate, machine gunning almost, it might have been a small bug because i havn't seen it again, that was on my duo 2, i did previously have this problem with my solo2 and duo2 where i would get corruption on recordings if one of the other tuners on any of the boxes kicked in or changed channel, i narrowed this down to a recently new Technomate octo high gain universal lnb, i swapped it out for a Zinwell (Sky) octo universal lnb and everything was fine. i Can't explain why it happened because i had a Technomate nano connected at the same time which didn't corrupt or pixelate, even if i swapped all the connections around but swapping the LNB solved it.

fudgyfingers
01-11-14, 13:04
DaMacFunkin, that sounds similar to my problem. I didn't think it could be an LNB problem. I have a Thomson Sky LNB on the dish and I believe that is a high gain LNB from what I've read. I haven't got a clue about LNBs but I could have a go at replacing it I just don't want to have to get into realigning the dish. The Sky HD box never had picture corruption problems when recording but perhaps the Solo 2 isn't quite compatible with the Thomson LNB?

I just wondered if there are any settings on the Solo 2 that would help with the LNB?

fudgyfingers
01-11-14, 14:02
I've had a play with the LNB settings, previously I just used "Simple", and having set to Advanced with the settings below I haven't experienced any picture corruption so far! :)

Config mode: advanced
Satellite: 28.2E
LNB: LNB1 (LNB2 for the other)
Priority: Auto
LOF: Universal LNB
Voltage mode: Polarisation
Increased Voltage: no
Tone mode: Band
DiSEqC mode: None

baltutis
03-11-14, 10:29
Think there software problem. Solo2 can record minimum 10 HD channels at same time.
I use Apollo 023 image and everything working fine. New images not able record IPTV channels and probably have some bugs with HD channel recording.
Unfortunately no Log files and unable indent where problem.
Later I test how many HD channels can record Apollo 023 and Apollo 071 versions.

baltutis
03-11-14, 11:35
Found 2 transponders with 8 HD channels (Sky UK).
No problems with recording.

Too tested HD channels from Sky DE
Minimum 6 channels recording without problems:

Everything working fine with Apollo 023 and 071 versions.

2stein
06-11-14, 22:07
i see the same problem on a duo, solo2, and duo2 with a quad-lnb. when voltage for the 2nd tuner is turned on the first tuner gets distortet. vus seem to be very susceptible for this.

Martincape
06-11-14, 22:55
Noticed mine doing this today too. Tried to watch Emmerdale in HD and was unwatchable. Running Apollo 73.

007xico
07-11-14, 00:39
Having problems with recordings too.

Tried 4 different shows Hd and non Hd, when trying to play them, stutters, pixelated, freezes and ends up freezing the box. Have to reboot ir manually.
I have a Gigablue quad+ with openvixhd 73

Joe_90
07-11-14, 02:12
Having problems with recordings too.

Tried 4 different shows Hd and non Hd, when trying to play them, stutters, pixelated, freezes and ends up freezing the box. Have to reboot ir manually.
I have a Gigablue quad+ with openvixhd 73

How long have you had the Quad+ box? Did you flash the new bootloader which was released around the time of ViX image 025?

In case you haven't - available here - http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/GiGaBlue-Bootloaders/GiGaBlue-QUAD%20PLUS/
You would need to flash the bootloader and fresh flash via USB for cleanest results, no backup settings restores.

fudgyfingers
18-04-15, 12:21
Just an update for info.

The settings I said in post #6, that I thought fixed the issue still caused picture corruption. So I finally got around to changing the LNB on the dish from the Sky Thomson Quad to an Inverto Twin LNB and the picture corruption no longer occurs when recording on the other tuner. :D

Very happy with the Solo 2 now!