PDA

View Full Version : Setting up

Nunhead_Man
31-10-14, 11:01
was posted in general but realised this folder was here ..........

Okay - have day at home today waiting for deliveries so playing around with new HD2400

Walked through set up no probs including wired network

Issues are ;

1) Box does not recognise the USB WiFi adaptor supplied - do I need some kind of fix?

2) Someone said in "General" I could feed the Sky input though the Mut@ant - what is the best way to do this? Its not obvious to me where i should draw the Sky box output from.

TIA all

Stanman
31-10-14, 11:15
1. What's the make, you may need to install the driver for it or reboot after fitting it.

Sicilian
31-10-14, 14:19
If you have a 300MBPS Wifi install RTL8192CU driver from online plugins feeds. Menu > Plugins > Drivers. Install the driver and reboot. It will then be listing in network adapters.

Satellite feed simply connect to a satellite tuner and setup/scan.

Nunhead_Man
31-10-14, 16:46
re 1) You have sold me a Gigablue USB2.0 802.11N 300 Mbps Wireless USP adapter - so will try the driver you mention - once I have re-rigged the wired connection that is masquerading as a trip wire

Re 2) I know about ordinary satellite I think - it is recycling Sky input i was asking about.

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 10:50
Hmmm - that was interesting.

Pulled down the USB Wifi driver and rebooted as asked - wifi worked.

Then asked to reboot again - box hung on reboot - may have taken some other updates.

I need to re-flash with something?

Interesting as in I can brick this after 24 hours of use!

Larry-G
01-11-14, 10:58
It's far from bricked, more like a software issue which are quite common on all enigma2 receivers when playing with plugins and settings etc. once you have every thing how you like, leave it alone and it will run happily for months. I have a duo I setup for my brother s year ago and it's still working fine without updates or any messing about with it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 11:20
OK - but it is a brick to me until it is working again :-)

Re-flash with v71?

And particular instructions other than extract the archive to a USB key and boot from it?

Does the box boot from the USB key by default?

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 11:35
Ooops - double post

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 14:10
Ooops - double post

OK - some more details...............
Turn on using switch at back
"HD2400" on display
loads video drivers and shows "openvix" logo and says "nearly ready"
then clears, shows "openvix" logo and little circle of dots, circling
screen goes blank and then "openvix" logo and little circle of dots, circling
loop and the just sits (for hours if I let it) there with "openvix" logo showing

So is there a way of interrupting the boot to get at the operating system and sort this out?

And best way of sorting it?

judge
01-11-14, 14:34
FTP into the box & get one of the generated crash logs, in /home/root/logs by default. Upload one here please.

gillms1
01-11-14, 14:57
I had the same issue - had a look at the logs as mentioned by judge, and noticed my errors were down to the dreamplex plugin, so I removed the dreamplex folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and voila box was working again (I previously fixed this error by reflashing but didn't want to resort to that again!).

So if you've got the dreamplex plugin installed, try removing that?

Blu-ray
01-11-14, 15:04
Have you the MUT@NT Quad, if so can you tell me what your tuner setup is please.

gillms1
01-11-14, 15:45
Mine is DVB-S T1, DVB-C T2 & T3 (running loop through from T2 -> T3). Still having major problems with freezing cams though.

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 16:25
Thank you but FTP into it?

How do I do that if it is not connected to our network please?

Guess I could attach a lapdog - is there a fixed IP as standard?

PS - and re-flashing? what are you using as boot loader - the distro I've downloaded does not seem to have one - and I'd rather not mess with using the ones I have

gillms1
01-11-14, 17:13
Is you box not connected to your network? I use FileZilla to FTP on it. I haven't changed the boot loader, as far as i'm aware there isn't a new one of these boxes - I just flashed with the latest VIX build for the mutant box from the openvix page.

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 18:17
Is you box not connected to your network? I use FileZilla to FTP on it

No it is not I - I keep new devices off our network until I know what I'm / it is doing :-)

It was set to DHCP when it went down as it was on our guest wireless - I found an address using a look up and it would not let me in - FileZiila here too.

Box said ....."....failed with ECONNREFUSED

Suggests given this was on 169.254 that DHCP is not working

I haven't changed the boot loader, as far as i'm aware there isn't a new one of these boxes - I just flashed with the latest VIX build for the mutant box from the openvix page.

Okey dokey - but as I cannot FTP in I've no idea what's what - putting the new VIX build on a USB stick and poking it into one of the USB ports has no effect whatever

gillms1
01-11-14, 18:51
Ok, download the latest zip from here:

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/

Unzip and copy the hd2400 to your root of a USB stick (ensure it is FAT32 formatted), stick in one of the usb ports in the mutant box, switch the box on and then wait for the prompt on display to flash new image and press the channel up button to commence flashing - make a coffee and wait for flashing process to finish (should take between 5-10mins).

Nunhead_Man
01-11-14, 19:51
Indeed - tried this about three times

How soon after turning on do you see the "flash image" prompt?

Here no prompt to flash image comes up - it (the display on the box - not video feed) just goes though to "booting" and stops and hangs perhaps half way along

Nunhead_Man
02-11-14, 10:26
OK - what's wrong with the image I'm trying to flash? I'm trying

openvixhd-Apollo.071-mutant2400_usb

All it contains as extracted here is ..................

* imageversion
* kernel.bin
* noforce
* rootfs.bin
* splash.bin

I'm not seeing a bootloader!

And nothing here for Mut@ant - http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/

Deso
02-11-14, 21:09
First thing I would do is reformat your USB stick using the HPUSB disk format tool, google HP USB Disk Storage Format and download it from CNET. You need to run it as Administrator as well.

Double click on the zip file of the image and then copy the 2400 folder to your USB drive, power of box, stick USB in power up box. When you see 'image found' on the front of the box, press up arrow and the image should load.

Some boxes and USB drives do not seem to get on and it can get very frustrating. :confused: :)

There isn't much info available on this box as yet but if you look around the forum, most boxes are very similar in operation if they are on the VIX image.

Nunhead_Man
03-11-14, 16:37
Nuffink wrong with my USB key format - we use HPUSB anyway - and PS you mean have a folder called "2400" in the root of your stick as the boot loader looks for that.

What IS wrong is build 71 of VIX which does not run on this box just now - its fine with v70

Sicilian
03-11-14, 16:53
Nuffink wrong with my USB key format - we use HPUSB anyway - and PS you mean have a folder called "2400" in the root of your stick as the boot loader looks for that.

What IS wrong is build 71 of VIX which does not run on this box just now - its fine with v70

Theres nothing wrong with build 071, using OpenViXHD version here all weekend.

Nunhead_Man
03-11-14, 17:27
You are welcome to come here and test it!

Sicilian
03-11-14, 17:34
You are welcome to come here and test it!

No need, been using it all weekend and just reflashed after reading your report.

1) Disconnect ANY other USB device.
2) Use a MAX 8GB USB, Kinston preffered.
3) Format your USB stick FAT32 using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool
4) Re-download build 071 OpenVIXHD to your desktop from here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Mutant-HD2400/ > Extract the file.
5) Cope the complete 'hd2400' file to root of your USB stick.
6) Follow flashing guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41277-How-to-USB-flash-the-Mut-nt-HD2400

Deso
03-11-14, 18:36

Yes, HD2400 folder goes on your formatted USB and the box should see that when you power it up with the USB stick in.

Nunhead_Man
03-11-14, 20:43
had this saved and a shame to waste it ..........................

reformat your USB stick using the HPUSB disk format tool .....Some boxes and USB drives do not seem to get on....

I AM using HPUSB format - we sometimes have USB hell when trying to get VMware ESXi boxes to recognise the distro on the USB port on the server motherboard.

I notice the purchase page for the Mut@nt box offers "8GB / 16GB Data Traveller (Kingston) 101 G2" USB keys

I'm using an 8GB Data Traveller 1.00 G3 - this box is surely not as picky as that

Deso
03-11-14, 22:52
I've used the G3 on my Gigablue and also Sandisk Cruzer, just used that to flash tonight actually. Mind you, when I used the rear USB slot, it froze up part way through the re boot after flash, put it in the front port and flashed no problem.
It's like witchcraft at times, although once you find the right combination you're laughing.

If you can, it might be worth going into setup and do a factory reset, then just set up the minimum amount of settings that it asks you to do on reboot, then power it down and try flashing via the front USB.

Nunhead_Man
07-11-14, 15:34
Ah? OK - I'll try over the weekend - up grade and then install the wifi dongle driver?

As at ..........

"If you have a 300MBPS Wifi install RTL8192CU driver from online plugins feeds. Menu > Plugins > Drivers. Install the driver and reboot. It will then be listing in network adapters."

Becuase I wonder if that is where it all went wrong before?

Woodbutcher32
16-04-15, 18:47
Hi All
Just purchased a Mut@ant 2400 (Great service btw) I'm also struggling to to Install the same dongle, I don't have an ISDN cable in the house so I'm a little stuck as to how I get the driver files on to the receiver?

I've tried copying the enclosed install CD on to a usb stick but don't know how to then Install it! I managed to flash from stick no problem

Any help greatly appreciated.

Woodbutcher32
17-04-15, 18:08
Hi All
Just purchased a Mut@ant 2400 (Great service btw) I'm also struggling to to Install the same dongle, I don't have an ISDN cable in the house so I'm a little stuck as to how I get the driver files on to the receiver?

I've tried copying the enclosed install CD on to a usb stick but don't know how to then Install it! I managed to flash from stick no problem

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sorted (with cable)