PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800UE] Mount Causes Crash

khan888
30-10-14, 13:56
Hi

I'm having problems with mounting a usb stick, everytime it causes a crash. I've tried 2 x Kingston data travellers and a brand new micro Kingston data traveller and still getting crashes.

Logs attached if anyone could help

Thanks

lemi
30-10-14, 15:46
Are you able to see your usb on pc and formatting to fat32?

khan888
30-10-14, 16:22
Are you able to see your usb on pc and formatting to fat32?
Hi yes, the reciever also detects the USB stick but crashes on Mount manager.

Update: I have it working again so see how it goes, usually lasts about 3-4 days then crashes my box. Only thing I have is crossepg downloading onto the USB.

I'll post logs if crashes occur again.
Thanks

Joe_90
30-10-14, 16:39
Although you say you have crossepg downloading onto the stick, your actual EPG location seems to be on your internal box flash. How much free flash have you got? Info/memory in the menu. Maybe you should try using the USB stick as the location for your epg data?

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 16:40
No need to repost logs: they're clear. I sometimes have the same issue, which I could't fix, but I found a work-around:

1- Stop E2 (telnet "init 4')

2- Open the file etc/fstab and make sure it looks like something as:

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
Do not change the above lines, but delete any lines like:

UUID=d0b45725-4499-4c2f-b4e3-912876fd1aa8 /media/hdd auto defaults 0 0
UUID=1E91-B590 /media/usb vfat defaults 0 0
UUID=f624ea14-ae04-43c2-235b-77a13aaac0f2 /media/sdb2 auto defaults 0 0

3- Reboot E2 (telnet 'reboot').

4- set up the mounts as you want to have them.

Not sure what's wrong, but the above did help me.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 16:43
Although you say you have crossepg downloading onto the stick, your actual EPG location seems to be on your internal box flash. How much free flash have you got? Info/memory in the menu. Maybe you should try using the USB stick as the location for your epg data?
Good catch; indeed make sure not to use flash for epg storage.

khan888
30-10-14, 16:57
Hmm strange I have EPG location set to media/hdd not internal flash, also free flash is 26.7M.

Possibly the reason why is when my reciever crashes after 3-4 days the image goes to default settings which I find strange?

No need to repost logs: they're clear. I sometimes have the same issue, which I could't fix, but I found a work-around:

UUID=d0b45725-4499-4c2f-b4e3-912876fd1aa8/media/hddautodefaults0 0
UUID=1E91-B590/media/usbvfatdefaults0 0
UUID=f624ea14-ae04-43c2-235b-77a13aaac0f2/media/sdb2autodefaults0 0

Thanks Rob I'll give that a try and report back

Joe_90
30-10-14, 18:37
Hmm strange I have EPG location set to media/hdd not internal flash, also free flash is 26.7M.

Possibly the reason why is when my reciever crashes after 3-4 days the image goes to default settings which I find strange?

Thanks Rob I'll give that a try and report back

Wait - you have a hard disk? I didn't notice that in my first reading of your logs. I've looked again. Your HDD does not seem to be recognised or there is some other issue. I'm just wondering why you would be storing CrossEPG data on the USB stick if you have a HDD available? You are definitely using box flash for the EPG. See snippets of your log below. Maybe your HDD needs to be initialised? But be careful if you have other files stored on the HDD - initialisation will remove everything from it.

[Harddisk] enumerating block devices...
new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda
couldn't read model: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/block/zram0/device/model'

-----------

[EPGC] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'

----------

[EPGC] 43816 events read from /etc/enigma2/epg.dat
not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)

khan888
30-10-14, 18:48
Wait - you have a hard disk? I didn't notice that in my first reading of your logs. I've looked again. Your HDD does not seem to be recognised or there is some other issue. I'm just wondering why you would be storing CrossEPG data on the USB stick if you have a HDD available? You are definitely using box flash for the EPG. See snippets of your log below. Maybe your HDD needs to be initialised? But be careful if you have other files stored on the HDD - initialisation will remove everything from it.

[Harddisk] enumerating block devices...
new Harddisk sda -> /dev/sda -> /dev/sda
couldn't read model: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/sys/block/zram0/device/model'

-----------

[EPGC] setCacheFile read/write epg data from/to '/etc/enigma2/epg.dat'

----------

[EPGC] 43816 events read from /etc/enigma2/epg.dat
No HDD installed only USB stick, it's mounted as media/hdd.

When I run initialisation the reciever crashes, fully formated USB via laptop and mounted ok now but as I mentioned earlier only lasts a few days then have the same issues.

Tried 3 different USB sticks including a new one I ordered as I thought the other two may be faulty.

Thanks

Joe_90
30-10-14, 19:28
No - it's the reference to /dev/sda - this is usually an internal hard drive. Maybe the HD800UE identifies the USB connected drive as /dev/sda. I have A Quad Plus with an actual internal HDD. I would not have thought a USB stick would be mounted as media/hdd, but maybe this is how the 800UE does it. In any case a USB stick which is being used as a pseudo HDD for EPG, picons, timeshift etc. would be better formatted in the receiver as ext4, rather than FAT32. Rob will know how these diskless receivers handle USB attached storage better than I would in any case.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 19:32
When no internal HDD is present, the first connected USB-device will automatically be set to HDD. This is the very first thing I always chance, as I want USB to show as USB.

But it is not as illogical as it may seem: several functions are always automatically set to use the HDD. So I can only change it to USB when changing those settings to USB as well.

Anyway: I'm anxiously awaiting if my trick helps OP.

lemi
30-10-14, 22:10
Swap manager should help.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 22:31
Swap manager should help.
For what ?

cactikid
30-10-14, 22:31
curious i use those kingston data usb have 5 no issues at all ,solo2 and duo both have internal hdd and usb and epg set to usb ,any time box gets flashed everything gets redone from scratch usb sticks reformatted on pc and setup on box,storage devices,initialisation and convert ext filesystem to ext4 and made sure hdd and usb are mounted.

bigdes
30-10-14, 22:46
sorry for hijacking the post but could someone please tell me how to start a new thread :confused:

cactikid
30-10-14, 23:07
go to section where you have your problem and look for banner" post new thread" put your question in there and post:thumbsup:

khan888
30-10-14, 23:08
curious i use those kingston data usb have 5 no issues at all ,solo2 and duo both have internal hdd and usb and epg set to usb ,any time box gets flashed everything gets redone from scratch usb sticks reformatted on pc and setup on box,storage devices,initialisation and convert ext filesystem to ext4 and made sure hdd and usb are mounted.
Never had trouble using the same USB stick for the last couple of years, past month or so been having the issues as previously said.

UUID=d0b45725-4499-4c2f-b4e3-912876fd1aa8/media/hddautodefaults0 0
UUID=1E91-B590/media/usbvfatdefaults0 0
UUID=f624ea14-ae04-43c2-235b-77a13aaac0f2/media/sdb2autodefaults0 0

Robs trick above seems to have worked as I have mounted the USB to media/usb and pointed epg etc to the directory with no crashes. Previously when changing mount from media/hdd (when it worked) to media/usb the reciever just crashed.

I'll see how it goes for a few days, fingers crossed rob suggestion has sorted it.

Cheers

lemi
31-10-14, 06:08
For what ?
Nevermind.I just reread OP log:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
31-10-14, 06:19
Robs trick above seems to have worked as I have mounted the USB to media/usb and pointed epg etc to the directory with no crashes. Previously when changing mount from media/hdd (when it worked) to media/usb the reciever just crashed.
Yeah, thought so.
As I said: no idea why this happens sometimes, but it does.
Go to see you've got it sorted.

khan888
01-11-14, 12:53
Spoke to soon woke up this morning and crashed at 04.30 when epg is scheduled to download, anyway of getting logs?

Rob van der Does
02-11-14, 07:16
Please post crash-logs.
But this seems to be not related to the mounts-issue that has been fixed for you.
So maybe a new thread?

khan888
02-11-14, 12:03
Please post crash-logs.
But this seems to be not related to the mounts-issue that has been fixed for you.
So maybe a new thread?
Yes your correct mount issue is fixed. I will start a new thread.

Thanks