PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] SSL keys - preserve over new flash/image install?

birdman
30-10-14, 00:34
Is there any possibility of having the SSL keys saved as part of a backup?

At the moment if you re-image and do a restore of configuration you don't get the SSL keys back, so a new set are generated.

So my password-less logins fail until I clear the old entry in the known_hosts file of all the systems I've use to connect (about 6 of them...).

Although as I write this two things occur to me.

Are the SSL keys generated, or is there a default set in the image (so everyone gets the same). In which case I'd better install my own (but its time-stamp implies it was created at the first start-up of dropbear).
And perhaps I can add these to the backup list myself, so they get included in all backups?

judge
30-10-14, 00:51
And perhaps I can add these to the backup list myself, so they get included in all backups?
When in backup manager, press menu, then yellow button to add any files on the box to your back-ups.

birdman
30-10-14, 03:02
When in backup manager, press menu, then yellow button to add any files on the box to your back-ups.Thanks.
That's got my /usr/local directory handled too, now (some symlinks to locations under /media/hdd, so I can add commands to PATH).