PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] problem trying to apply button setup

johnnyyen
29-10-14, 21:44
hi ive flashed build 58 then updated to 64 now just to 70 its not remembered my button setup and it wont let me reset them trying to change channel + and channel - but it wont let me . any ideas what i can try ? thanks

abu baniaz
29-10-14, 22:03
Issue is that there have been updates which may have overwritten your edits. Can you try a fresh flash with no restores?

Rob van der Does
29-10-14, 22:28
There shouldn't be any problem nor any need to reflash.

Did you read the hint text in the openings screen of BSU?

johnnyyen
29-10-14, 22:32
There shouldn't be any problem nor any need to reflash.

Did you read the hint text in the openings screen of BSU?

hi where is the hint text on bsu?
ive tried reflash 70 still cant set button setup it wont scroll down to the channel up

johnnyyen
29-10-14, 22:40
ive set the buttons up before i didnt need hints then .

Rob van der Does
29-10-14, 22:43
ive set the buttons up before i didnt need hints then .
But it looks like you do need it now :)

The hint text tells you that you should push the button you want to amend on the RC (which will then be highlighted on OSD) and then click on OK.
Did you do that?

johnnyyen
29-10-14, 22:54
ha i will try that then. i cant see where the hints are tho?

abu baniaz
29-10-14, 22:57
What skin are you using?

johnnyyen
29-10-14, 23:07
sorted something so easy just took about an hour

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 06:01
i cant see where the hints are tho?
So again:

What skin are you using?

sorted something so easy just took about an hour
How come? Even without reading a hint text (which is there for a reason) you should have noticed that pushing e.g. 'up' highlights 'up'?

Sicilian
30-10-14, 06:23
Got to admit, this caught me out too yesterday [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 06:33
Lol :d

Hint text is there for a reason :)

Delagroov
30-10-14, 09:10
Topicstarter wants to use cross up and down to select items like before and i noticed the same bug.

One can not scroll down to the list to see other buttons, which should work of course like it did before.

But pushing the desired button to change ( Hint text ) one can workaround and setup the buttons.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 10:47
Topicstarter wants to use cross up and down to select items like before and i noticed the same bug.
One can not scroll down to the list to see other buttons, which should work of course like it did before.

No, that should of course not work, and indeed it doesn't.
This is by design, as there's no need at all to scroll through the list.

The screen is there to select any buttons, which you do by pushing that button on your RC (as the hint text says) not by scrolling or so.

Delagroov
30-10-14, 12:10
No, that should of course not work, and indeed it doesn't.
This is by design, as there's no need at all to scroll through the list.

Thats your view

In original By Design code it does work both ways as expected and still does.
One should be able to scroll to the page to see other items to select from when a list is presented
In all lists its normal to be able to do so with cross up down right/down..to get through the page of items or select an item.

Thats why for example directionsactions is used in code to use cross up/down/left/right to jump through pages/items, next to the option to choose the direct button to slect and change.

For me personally it does not matter it works differently, but i would not call it normal behavior as how it still does work in original code.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 13:32
Nope: the 'normal' scroll options in this screen have been disabled (which was a major code effort in itself, as they are hard-coded in C++) as they serve no serious purpose.

As has been explained several times now, one should use the screen as suggested by the hint text.

And even if you would like that, it is not possible to apply 2 functions (i.e. highlight + scroll) to one button.

The only exception to this is the short-red button, as it is coded to close the screen. But as 'red' is highlighted on opening Button setup, this is not a limitation.

BTW: The 'original' code has little to do with the actual code; just look at all the changes.

johnnyyen
30-10-14, 14:14
So again:

How come? Even without reading a hint text (which is there for a reason) you should have noticed that pushing e.g. 'up' highlights 'up'?

coz first reply said reflash plus coz ive done button set up loads of times just didnt expect it to be differant to set up ever heard the saying dont fix something if its not broke

rossi2000
30-10-14, 15:35
You would never get anything new or any enhancements if you think like that.

Rob van der Does
30-10-14, 15:49
And indeed nothing was 'fixed', as nothing was broken. Only enhancements have been brought in (and many more since we left the stone age :) ).

Delagroov
30-10-14, 18:59
Nope: the 'normal' scroll options in this screen have been disabled (which was a major code effort in itself, as they are hard-coded in C++) as they serve no serious purpose.

As has been explained several times now, one should use the screen as suggested by the hint text.

And even if you would like that, it is not possible to apply 2 functions (i.e. highlight + scroll) to one button.

The only exception to this is the short-red button, as it is coded to close the screen. But as 'red' is highlighted on opening Button setup, this is not a limitation.

BTW: The 'original' code has little to do with the actual code; just look at all the changes.

You may explain 10 times...your Hint text :D , but it does not change expectations of users or my opinion using a select list

I still think scrolling with up / down, is a normal feature in E2 in any list...

As it also works okay in original(just tested),both scrolling and highlighting(except for up and down of course) this does not convince me of your view to disable up/down in a list, calling an enhancement.
One can not jump to next page also to see what items can be selected...so better get rid of the list and scrollbar also as it has not really the full functionalty this way.
Showing only the entry one has selected on RC is perhaps an idea to consider...then it would make some sense to me.