PDA

View Full Version : [TM-SINGLE] Vix fixed dish and multisat config

vanginger
28-10-14, 18:52
Hi

I have setup my motorised system a few weeks back at our new house. In the past week we have discovered how open we are to the winds, even when they are not that strong elsewhere! I have already scouted around, there is no better location on the house to hide from the wind! The dish moves quite a lot in the wind and does affect signal even on 28e
It's a 90cm dish with a Dark Motor, connected to a TM Single running the latest Vix.
There is a fixed Sky dish on the house too which keeps a good signal of course.

I have a TM-25 DiSEqC 2x1 switch and have read the Vix manual on how to set it all up so that when using Astra 28e, it uses the fixed dish and anything else, goes to the motorised (albeit with a poor signal in the wind). However, I seem to have missing options!
The manual says
VIX

The fixed dish has LNB's pointing at Astra 1, 2 & 3. These LNB's are connected to the inputs 1,2 & 3 of a DiSEqC
switch. And the
motorised LNB is connected to input 4.
Now in the tunerconfig the settings should be as follows:
1-
Astra 1 DiSEqC 1.0 port AA
2-
Astra 2 DiSEqC 1.0 port AB
3-
Astra 3 DiSEqC 1.0 port BA
4-
All other satellites: DiSEqC 1.2, USALS, DiSEqC 1.0 port BB

Now I only have a 2 Port, so would just use unput 1 as Astra and input 2 for 'All other satellites'

However, I find no option of all other satellites!

When in Simple, i have Positioner (which i have been using), Positioner (selecting Sats), Single, Toneburst A/B, DiSEqC A/B and DiSEqC A/B/C/C

If I select DiSEqC A/B, I set Port A to Astra 28e
Port B only has nothing connected, automatic (which just seems to scan whatever Sat it is pointing at), or then each individual sat on a list going left/right. I cannot choose 'all other sats' or even select more than one.

Advanced lets me select satellites then assign them to LNBs but don't seem to be able to choose anything relating to Positioner.

The manual makes it look so simple, I hope it is and I have just missed something obvious, sorry if I have but I have been trying for ages and usually suss things out by searching on here!!

Many thanks in advance

Craig

abu baniaz
28-10-14, 23:11
This is covered in section 1.6 of the the Vix Manual. Also see this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax

Post back once you have tried those settings

vanginger
29-10-14, 09:57
Thanks for the reply, but that's exactly what I followed.
Am i misunderstanding the 'all other satellites' bit? I don't see to have the options that I need..

abu baniaz
29-10-14, 10:47
Post screen shots of your setup. It does not sound like you are doing it correctly.

ja5
29-10-14, 14:46
Im not a expert but if I reading correct you should select advanced on select 28.2e and lnb 1 DiSEqC mode 1.0 or 1.1 and aa or a or input 1. select all the others sat manually and input lnb 2 DiSEqC mode 1.2 what is usal and this should be ab or input 2 then enter your usal setting at the bottom.

Im sure there is a better option but this should work.

vanginger
29-10-14, 21:17
Thanks ja5, I'll give it a go!

I'll post the screenshots anyway for Abu too

This is my current config

These are my options using Simple mode. The 2 SATS are not ones I use, just showing that I can only pick one. Port C says Nothing connected. There are no other options (other than all the other different satellites)

These are my advanced options (i'll give ja5's idea a go later)

Thanks again for the support!

abu baniaz
29-10-14, 21:22
Dont use simple.

In advanced mode, change your diseqc mode, more options will then be available for you.

vanginger
30-10-14, 11:00
Sorted it!!
Thanks both of you.
Got close with ja5's instructions then looking at the extra diseqc settings nailed it!
Thanks a lot.