PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Solo2 - Strange Black/White Bar on top of the screen...?

scar0x
28-10-14, 00:44
hi

I have noticed this for a while now- It happens to only few channels. Please see the picture attached.

I have a strange black-white-black-white dashed bar on the top left of my screen. i do not know what causes this, any help on how to fix this would really help.

Thanks

abu baniaz
28-10-14, 00:46
That is telling you to put the kettle on because an advert is on its way.

Seriously, it is just an alert for an imminent advert break.

scar0x
28-10-14, 00:50
wait what?...

Its on constantly... Ads or no ads. Even after an add its there. Its still here. watching eurosport 2

judge
28-10-14, 00:50
Not only adverts, but badly transmitted & low resolution channels.

judge
28-10-14, 00:52
Just one of the reasons most TV makers enable overscan by default.

Joe_90
28-10-14, 00:54
It's because the broadcaster has not filled the screen area fully - their fault, not yours. It's a consequence of you turning off the overscan in your TV so that you can see all of the screen area. Most broadcasters will fill the screen area correctly, but occasionally you will find a particular programme which doesn't quite do it or you will find some channels which cause the issue consistently (Movies for Men on 28.2 is a consistent problem for me).

Most TVs have overscan set by default which moves either 10% or 5% of the screen area off the top and sides which means that you wouldn't see these bars, but then you also miss the extreme edges of the image or you might also have to adjust the on screen display of ViX to fit on-screen. You have the technically correct setting of "overscan off".

Larry-G
28-10-14, 16:48
As fat tony says it's down to the broadcaster not doing their job properly, not a lot you can do about it other than reactive ting overscan on your TV, which is not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk