PDA

View Full Version : Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

Pages : [1] 2

pembo
27-10-14, 22:01
I'm finally at the point now where I can release a preview of the beta of the DreamStream app for Samsung SMART TVs in a limited manner.

If you're interested, you can find some information here
http://www.pembo.co.uk/dreamstreamblog/

Screenshots attached

Welcome

IP/Port

Starting Bouquet

Main Screen

Unfortunately right now, I can't make this publicly available until I organise a dedicated server to distribute this.

If anyone is interested in trying this and providing feedback, please let me know either via the website or via a message here. I'll then grant you a limited time access to synchronise this to your TV for testing.

Pembo

pembo
08-11-14, 20:23
I'm pleased to officially release e2stream v1.1.
The Samsung SMART TV app to stream your enigma 2 based set top box to your SMART TV.

This release is now fully downloadable and comes with it’s own installer to allow you to install this to your Samsung SMART TV without having to connect to a hosted instance of the sync server.

You can find more information and download this from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/08/e2stream-v1-1/

finbarr
09-11-14, 10:45
Looks very cool thanks Pembo. Can we view recordings also?

duoduo
09-11-14, 13:51
Congratulations Pembo, how do you send the app to the TV or is it available to download straight from Samsung hub?

pembo
09-11-14, 16:49
Looks very cool thanks Pembo. Can we view recordings also?

Not yet, but this is something I will add in as it shoud be reasonably straight forward!

pembo
09-11-14, 16:52
Congratulations Pembo, how do you send the app to the TV or is it available to download straight from Samsung hub?

It's not in the app store yet, there is no obvious way of submitting.
You need to enable the 'develop' account on your TV and then sync the app as a 'user' app onto your TV.

You can find the install instructions here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream

finbarr
09-11-14, 17:00
Not yet, but this is something I will add in as it shoud be reasonably straight forward!

Cool. Any plans to open source it? I could help out.

pembo
09-11-14, 18:02
Cool. Any plans to open source it? I could help out.

Almost certainly... there's no real way of 'monetising' with the European Samsung TV app store anyway and I've built this for my own use initially.
The code is a bit (read quite a lot) hacky right now!

There's no compiled app as such anyway, and therefore in actual fact all the code is shipped, you just need to know how to get it out, but as with everything else I've built in recent years, I'll set up a google code project for it at some point soon and check the code into there. There's a few manual steps to refine first to make the dev/build process easier.

finbarr
09-11-14, 18:09
Sounds good. I'll take a look. Currently I use a Raspberry Pi for watching recordings from downstairs. This app could remove that dependency for me.

finbarr
09-11-14, 21:13
Just got it installed and it works great with my Duo2. Thanks Pembo. I'll be donating.

I had a look inside the package and mostly just found Java class files. What language did you write the app code in?

pembo
09-11-14, 21:47
it's all in javascript pretty much using Samsung smart tv apis, but the app is packaged up to make distribution / installation more straight forward. The installer is wholly java.

finbarr
09-11-14, 21:54
Gotcha. I'll take a look at it more during the week and see if I can help add recordings playback. Thanks again.

s31teg
09-11-14, 22:04
amazing work

would be amazing if you could develop an app for some hdmi stick, then your market would not be limited by just samsung tv's

mcquaim
10-11-14, 15:28
I have this installed on a Samsung Blu-Ray player but I'm afraid I can't get it to stream :confused:

It's connecting to my LX3 and Duo but when I hit ok it throws a network error.. I assume that the streaming ports on both receivers are 8001 as I haven't changed this? I'm not sure where to check this?

edevs
10-11-14, 16:43
is this just limited to samsung smart tvs or can it be used on normal samsung tvs?

pembo
10-11-14, 21:41
I have this installed on a Samsung Blu-Ray player but I'm afraid I can't get it to stream :confused:

It's connecting to my LX3 and Duo but when I hit ok it throws a network error.. I assume that the streaming ports on both receivers are 8001 as I haven't changed this? I'm not sure where to check this?

Yes.. try it through openwebif and see what you get. You should be able to save the .m3u file, look inside it and see what port is being used, though I don't think you can change the default streaming port anyway!

If it works through openwebif on pc, then it should work through the 'smart' device but it would need the right codec to be able to play, and this isn't something you can add in. Therefore I guess it's possible the Blu-ray player has limited codecs.

pembo
10-11-14, 21:43
is this just limited to samsung smart tvs or can it be used on normal samsung tvs?

has to be a model with the SMART Hub.

pembo
10-11-14, 23:02
I've just updated the installer to allow for installation of other 'user' apps to avoid the issue where you can only synchronise with one server.
The SMART TV app remains the same, only the installer has been updated.

See here for more information:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/10/e2stream-v1-1-1/

mcquaim
11-11-14, 00:41
Yes.. try it through openwebif and see what you get. You should be able to save the .m3u file, look inside it and see what port is being used, though I don't think you can change the default streaming port anyway!

If it works through openwebif on pc, then it should work through the 'smart' device but it would need the right codec to be able to play, and this isn't something you can add in. Therefore I guess it's possible the Blu-ray player has limited codecs.

Thanks for the explanation pembo!

If it was the codec issue would it throw a network interference error?

pembo
11-11-14, 00:45
Thanks for the explanation pembo!

If it was the codec issue would it throw a network interference error?

Quite probably... other thing which it could be, which was a bug I've spotted recently - if all your tuners are in use, and you try to watch another channel, you'll see this error. I need to detect and grey out channels that can't be tuned when tuners are locked!

mcquaim
11-11-14, 00:53
Quite probably... other thing which it could be, which was a bug I've spotted recently - if all your tuners are in use, and you try to watch another channel, you'll see this error. I need to detect and grey out channels that can't be tuned when tuners are locked!

I will investigate better later in the week, away at the minute!

It wasn't the tuner issue as boxes were in standby with nothing recording on either.. It is more than likely not possible on my Blu-ray player then!

I had a thought a few weeks back for a new web interface for smart tv's etc. If the requesting device was a smart tv etc. then a new interface would be shown like yours but only sourced directly on the receiver and the smart tv would just open it in a browser.

It should be possible but it would mean it would be more compatible with many other devices. I contacted the developers of OpenWebIf but no reply as yet..

pembo
11-11-14, 07:25
I had a thought a few weeks back for a new web interface for smart tv's etc. If the requesting device was a smart tv etc. then a new interface would be shown like yours but only sourced directly on the receiver and the smart tv would just open it in a browser.

It should be possible but it would mean it would be more compatible with many other devices. I contacted the developers of OpenWebIf but no reply as yet..

The problem here is the limitations of smart TV browsers. They tend not to be able to run flash or HTML4 video (and if they do it's not done very well). The browser seems to be sandboxed so they can't launch it's own internal video player, and even if it can, these api calls would be different per TV.

finbarr
11-11-14, 13:19
I got an app working to view recordings. It is working good, but needs some refining before I post it.

Might make sense to merge it with yours Pembo, although a standalone app for recordings playback might be good.

I managed to get the SD video aspect ratio working, eventually, so let me know if you want to see the code to sort that in your app. It's simple enough.

finbarr
11-11-14, 13:26
Preview image:

m1nz
11-11-14, 13:41
Wow. This is great. I have a Solo 2 but dont use the second tunner for recording. I will be testing this today on my Samsung TV.

Great Job

m1nz
11-11-14, 20:33
Just tested and works fine. The only issue is regarding the full screen mode as it does not full screen

pembo
11-11-14, 20:58
I got an app working to view recordings. It is working good, but needs some refining before I post it.

Might make sense to merge it with yours Pembo, although a standalone app for recordings playback might be good.

I managed to get the SD video aspect ratio working, eventually, so let me know if you want to see the code to sort that in your app. It's simple enough.

looks great - lets merge!

pembo
11-11-14, 21:55
I've fixed the full screen issue now...

in terms of movies - I have more than one location, so have been implementing this in the same way I do the bouquets.

pembo
11-11-14, 22:32
E2Stream v1.2

Now available to download from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/11/e2stream-v1-2/

Changelog

v1.2
- Resolved the 4:3 SD Channel issue to now display in full screen
- Remote the erroneous return button from the full screen view

v1.1
- Added installation of additional packages via a command line option. Pass the folder containing smart tv apps as a command line parameter and these will be installed along with E2Stream.

v1.0
- Initial public release

pembo
12-11-14, 01:25
OK - got the recordings playback across multiple locations sorted now.
Need to refine the interface a little more to switch things off when viewing recordings/etc, but it works well...

The refinements will take a few days so it's likely to be the weekend before I can get the next version out.

mr_foj
12-11-14, 02:30
i cant use it on my mac

pembo
12-11-14, 07:53
i cant use it on my mac

You need to install java v1.7 or v1.8
unzip the download, and from a shell type

java -jar E2Stream-installer.jar

This should launch the installer. I've not tried it on a non-windows machine but there's nothing in the installer that shouldn't work on Mac/Linux

m1nz
12-11-14, 10:57
Whats the best way to upgrade. Just remove the old and re install again

E2Stream v1.2

Now available to download from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/11/e2stream-v1-2/

Changelog

v1.2
- Resolved the 4:3 SD Channel issue to now display in full screen
- Remote the erroneous return button from the full screen view

v1.1
- Added installation of additional packages via a command line option. Pass the folder containing smart tv apps as a command line parameter and these will be installed along with E2Stream.

v1.0
- Initial public release

finbarr
12-11-14, 16:59
@pembo I have published my source code on gibhub (https://github.com/fbradyirl/Enigma2Recordings).

Working so far:

View a list of all recordings
Click on a recording to start watching from the beginning
Click on 4 or 6 on the remote to move back or forward 60 seconds
Click on 7 or 9 on the remote to move back or forward 5 minutes

Yet to do:

Show screen to input Enigma box IP (it is hardcoded for now)
Complete video overlay to show progress and time elapsed/remaining.
Show extended description in main list when selected.
Remember playback position from last time, for each video
Re-skin

pembo
12-11-14, 23:36
@m1nz - you should just be able to run the installer and re-synchronize the apps on the tv.

mcquaim
13-11-14, 19:43
The problem here is the limitations of smart TV browsers. They tend not to be able to run flash or HTML4 video (and if they do it's not done very well). The browser seems to be sandboxed so they can't launch it's own internal video player, and even if it can, these api calls would be different per TV.

I'm afraid my Blu-ray player must not be able to play these streams, all the ports etc. seem fine..

My other suggestion on how a new web interface would work would depend mostly on whether the stream on the sat receiver could be played using HTML5 video.

Most smart TV's now support HTML5 so in theory the code behind the WebIf would just generate html with the desired layout and a Video tag for each service. When you select a service then it'd start streaming.

Again, all theory as I don't know if you can stream to a HTML5 video tag with the services as I think they have to be mp4 etc..

finbarr
13-11-14, 21:48
The problem is that the <video> tag in html5 does not give the developer any indication of the codecs installed on the client device. We don't even do it for standard desktop browsers yet, let alone Smart TV browsers!

E.g. when you open a stream in OpenWebIf on your desktop, a program like VLC must play the media, because the browser sure as hell doesn't know how to handle it!

mcquaim
13-11-14, 21:52
The problem is that the <video> tag in html5 does not give the developer any indication of the codecs installed on the client device. We don't even do it for standard desktop browsers yet, let alone Smart TV browsers!

E.g. when you open a stream in OpenWebIf on your desktop, a program like VLC must play the media, because the browser sure as hell doesn't know how to handle it!

In the samsung app what method is used to launch the stream?

m1nz
13-11-14, 22:36
I have tried the new version on a UE40H6410 and I cant get the channels full screen. The screen only centre fills the screenm

finbarr
14-11-14, 00:30
In the samsung app what method is used to launch the stream?

There is one method to play the stream, but then there are multiple callback functions to listen to events. Then different buffering mechanisms and different ways of skip, rewind and do error handling.

Here are my function headers for just my 'Player' class:

$ grep "function()" Player.js
Player.init = function()
Player.onGetAVPlayError = function() {
Player.onError = function(){
Player.onSuccess = function(){
Player.deinit = function()
Player.setFullscreen = function()
Player.playVideo = function()
Player.pauseVideo = function()
Player.stopVideo = function()
Player.resumeVideo = function()
Player.getState = function()
Player.onBufferingStart = function()
Player.onBufferingComplete = function()
Player.setTotalTime = function()
onServerError = function()
OnNetworkDisconnected = function()
onDecoderReady = function() { alert("onDecoderReady"); }
onRenderError = function() { alert("onRenderError"); }
stopPlayer = function()

There is no 'standard' way among device manufacturers.

Take a look here (http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/?FolderName=tec00118&FileName=index.html) for example. There is lots to think about. Then go to the LG TV API guide, and let me know how one could possibly standardise all this?

pembo
14-11-14, 08:02
I have tried the new version on a UE40H6410 and I cant get the channels full screen. The screen only centre fills the screenm

yes - I've replicated this - I have two Samsung tvs.
If works full screen on the emulator, the older TV, but not the newer TV with the tizen based OS.

Interestingly - it looks like there is a later version of the apis available now (that finbarr is using!) so I'm going to switch the player out for this one, and hopefully it's more compatible with the Tizen based TVs.

m1nz
14-11-14, 21:54
Thanks for the update. Also I have noticed the picons don't show and its abit slow starting up. Are you ok to report bugs on this forum. I am happy to test

pembo
15-11-14, 08:35
Thanks for the update. Also I have noticed the picons don't show and its abit slow starting up. Are you ok to report bugs on this forum. I am happy to test

Yeah - sure. If it's slow starting up, do you happen to have a mass of bouquets?
At startup it just connects to the box and retrieves the bouquet list.

In terms of picons,

Are you using the new picon name rather id feature? It won't work with that right now if you are as it uses the ID to fetch the icon, e.g.
http://<ip>/picon/1_0_1_1E15_809_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

If not, if you go to here:
http://<ip>/ajax/multiepg2
See if the picons show in the channels list

If they do, see if you can grab me the image url.

m1nz
15-11-14, 23:32
Yeah - sure. If it's slow starting up, do you happen to have a mass of bouquets?
At startup it just connects to the box and retrieves the bouquet list.

In terms of picons,

Are you using the new picon name rather id feature? It won't work with that right now if you are as it uses the ID to fetch the icon, e.g.
http://<ip>/picon/1_0_1_1E15_809_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

If not, if you go to here:
http://<ip>/ajax/multiepg2
See if the picons show in the channels list

If they do, see if you can grab me the image url.

I am using the built in bouquets form VIX. Also the Picons are 1_0_0_116B_2AF8_13E_820000_0_0_0.png so I am guessing they are new. Also I can confirm I cant seem them on the channels list if I go to http://<ip>/ajax/multiepg2

pembo
15-11-14, 23:37
might be worth trying to turn them on in your epg to see if this makes a difference...

What build of Apollo are you running?

mike1961
16-11-14, 21:57
Newbie here. I have Samsung ue48h5500 tv and gigablue se800 box.I believe I need developer access to the tv but can't get it ... read several forums but no solution... seems that option may not be available on 2014 models. Any help would be much appreciated

finbarr
16-11-14, 22:04
Just log in with email 'develop' and no password. That works for me on my 2013 model.

pembo
16-11-14, 22:35
Quick update.

I'm working on 3 things in tandem right now

1) picons using service name - this is already resolved but I need to wrap up a few fixes first
2) Changing the player class to make it more stable and finally resolve the 4:3 issues on SD channels - again part working but needs a little more work
3) Option to view/playback recordings - works again but needs some more work just to tidy up the interface.

Once I've fixed 1) and 2) I'll release with a preview of 3) in there...

finbarr
16-11-14, 22:40
Check out my updates on Friday to my Player.js on github. I think I've nailed the SD/HD resolution problems.

m1nz
16-11-14, 22:44
might be worth trying to turn them on in your epg to see if this makes a difference...

What build of Apollo are you running?

do you know the option to turn them on. I am on Build 23 but need to be on the lastest. I already use picon's for my channels but they don't show on webif

judge
16-11-14, 22:58
Sounds like a great app you're developing @pembo, well done & thanks for putting your time into it.

pembo
16-11-14, 23:42
Check out my updates on Friday to my Player.js on github. I think I've nailed the SD/HD resolution problems.

I've grabbed it already and it sorts the problem - just tackling an issue with windowed mode vs full screen - it refuses to show anything in windowed mode for some reason - if you can save me pain i'm all ears :)

I've still not got around to uploading the source yet but will do, including the installer if you want to lift this for your app also...?

pembo
17-11-14, 01:14
I've grabbed it already and it sorts the problem - just tackling an issue with windowed mode vs full screen - it refuses to show anything in windowed mode for some reason - if you can save me pain i'm all ears :)

I've still not got around to uploading the source yet but will do, including the installer if you want to lift this for your app also...?

I've cracked it - thanks... full screen works in emulator but will test on my two tvs of different years (2014/2013) to see how it pans out before I celebrate!

Picons with service name seem to work also - need to switch back to service id icons to confirm this still works.

finbarr
17-11-14, 14:56

Yes, please. That would be good.

How did you do the icon? It's cool. Maybe we could make a similar one for mine?

I'd be interested in stealing your initial config screens, for entering the IP info. I wonder if there was a way of scanning the local network to autodetect any boxes that respond to the 'About' xml url query. Just a thought, which might automate it all and leave it zero config. It's on my todo list.

I havent really looked into submitted it to the Samsung app store. I wonder how much effort that would be.

mike1961
17-11-14, 15:26
Just log in with email 'develop' and no password. That works for me on my 2013 model.

Ok. I can login using 'develop' email and no password as you suggested. The problem for me is that various tutorials say that I should then be able to access options for syncing apps with my PC by going to Samsung Apps panel and long-pressing the Enter button. That doesn't work for me .. all that happens is that the app opens (i.e. whatever app I happen to have the cursor on).

finbarr
17-11-14, 15:54
No, you need to go into the 'More Apps' panel. (that button is at the bottom of the apps screen). Then, on the top right, open Options, and enter your PC IP address in the 'IP address' option. Then select to sync.

mike1961
17-11-14, 17:48
No, you need to go into the 'More Apps' panel. (that button is at the bottom of the apps screen). Then, on the top right, open Options, and enter your PC IP address in the 'IP address' option. Then select to sync.
Thanks Finbarr. The problem is that there is no 'More Apps' panel in 2014 models. All you have is 3 options on the bottom of the screen (Most Popular, What's New, Categories) and no matter which one you choose, you don't get an Options option :) on the top right.

pembo
17-11-14, 20:31
Thanks Finbarr. The problem is that there is no 'More Apps' panel in 2014 models. All you have is 3 options on the bottom of the screen (Most Popular, What's New, Categories) and no matter which one you choose, you don't get an Options option :) on the top right.

it'll be there somewhere, for example, on the 2012 model you get to it from the tools button...

m1nz
17-11-14, 21:11
make sure your logged in as developer. Go to you apps and long press enter screen on a installed App e.g youtube. select ip address and point it to you laptop or pc that your running the installer. long press entre screen again and select start user app sync.

I have a 2014 TV and it works fine

pembo
17-11-14, 23:50
Just to give you another update on this - I'm still working on releasing the next version but its had some massive changes in

Confirmed now the full screen works on both my Samsung smart TVs, and I've introduce a full screen mode that's going to get used more rather than the window/full screen change.

From here you can use channel up/down to change channels now, or jump back to the bouquet list to pick...

p.s. ignore the times on the now/next - the emulator runs in a different timezone!

mike1961
18-11-14, 00:44
make sure your logged in as developer. Go to you apps and long press enter screen on a installed App e.g youtube. select ip address and point it to you laptop or pc that your running the installer. long press entre screen again and select start user app sync.

I have a 2014 TV and it works fine
Doh! Got it thanks. For some silly reason I was long-pressing on one of the recommended apps instead of 'my apps'. Now to look at the pc and see if I can get e2stream going.

mike1961
19-11-14, 14:44
Yeeeee Hahhh!!! Eventually got it sorted on my 2014 Samsung. Getting the 'app' over from the PC was tricky for me because 'long-pressing' within the 'My Apps' panel was very hit and miss => sometimes the app would open, sometimes you'd get the menu (IP setting, update apps etc). Very impressed with the video quality as I'd feared it might be glitchy based on some bad experiences with casting.

Much appreciated Pembo. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the 'full-screen' release ... No pressure mind you ...:)

pembo
19-11-14, 22:32
Yeeeee Hahhh!!! Eventually got it sorted on my 2014 Samsung. Getting the 'app' over from the PC was tricky for me because 'long-pressing' within the 'My Apps' panel was very hit and miss => sometimes the app would open, sometimes you'd get the menu (IP setting, update apps etc). Very impressed with the video quality as I'd feared it might be glitchy based on some bad experiences with casting.

Much appreciated Pembo. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the 'full-screen' release ... No pressure mind you ...:)

It's coming :) still working on it at every opportunity when work or family doesn't get in the way, with a hope of getting it released over the weekend.

pembo
20-11-14, 00:26
Just a quick screenshot to show progress:

gatster
20-11-14, 17:29
Great stuff - I got it up and running relatively easily but all the SD channels won't go fullscreen?

pembo
20-11-14, 21:49
Great stuff - I got it up and running relatively easily but all the SD channels won't go fullscreen?

It's an issue with newer model tvs and the player class. I've hopefully once and for all resolved this in the next release!

pembo
22-11-14, 14:59
I'm pleased to announce the release of E2Stream v1.5

You can download v1.5 and get more information on installation here
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream

Change Log

v1.5

Rewrite of the video player class and programme selection screens to hopefully once and for all resolve the full screen 4:3 issue that has plagued previous versions!
- Detect and use Picons either via service ID or service Name
- Expanded space for now/next on programme list screen

- Full screen mode, which includes an info bar showing now/next
* Info button shows/hides the info bar
* Program up/down change channels in full screen mode to the next channel in the bouquet

- Beta implementation to list and playback recordings. ◾Press Yellow[c] to change between records and TV mode
* Use left/right to change recording locations
* Use up/down to select recording and enter to play
* Note – Rewind/FFwd functions are still to be implemented..

As usual, you can raise any bug here on at http://www.pembo.co.uk/bugs

mike1961
22-11-14, 21:50
I have v1.2 installed already. Im trying to upgrade to 1.5; logged in as developer on tv and ran installer on pc but getting fatal error and message "unable to bind server to port 80, please close down any webservers..running on port 80 and stsrt this installer again."
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

pembo
22-11-14, 22:02
I have v1.2 installed already. Im trying to upgrade to 1.5; logged in as developer on tv and ran installer on pc but getting fatal error and message "unable to bind server to port 80, please close down any webservers..running on port 80 and stsrt this installer again."
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

The installer starts up a webserver on port 80.

I'd try and reboot first just incase you've managed to open the installer twice, if that doesn't fix it, open a command prompt as admin (assuming your running windows) and run the following command:

netstat -a -b

Look down the list for what is running on port 80 and kill it in the task manager

mike1961
22-11-14, 23:09
Thanks pembo reboot sorted it. I just had a quick look at it and getting buffering msg on top left of screen. Tried it on a couple of channels with same result. Channel name and now/next displaying ok on bottom but no picture. I'll try again later (when the missus leaves the room :)

pembo
22-11-14, 23:11
it'll take a few seconds to buffer the stream before it kicks in.

mike1961
22-11-14, 23:21
it'll take a few seconds to buffer the stream before it kicks in.Quick update... a couple of channels have come in fine with buffering only taking a few seconds (great picture btw) but two others just ain't working even after 3 mins.

Another channel has audio only. Let me know if you need any more dtls.

pembo
22-11-14, 23:32
Yeah please pm me details.. Could also be worth trying again. I've had a couple of issues where my tv has dropped the stream for unknown reasons... I'll keep doing more digging.

m1nz
23-11-14, 00:07
Hi Pembo,

Seems to be working well.

Just a few question on how to get picons working as I ready have picons on usb and work fine on box but cant seem them your app.

Also I am using ZoomZoomLuke's Custom 28.2 xml to hide a few channels but I have noticed it the show up as hidden on app

Also once in full screen how can you change channel or go back to the channel list

pembo
23-11-14, 00:20
In full screen, just use the channel up/down buttons, or press enter again to return to the programme list.

If the picons are not working in the epg in openwebif they won't work in the app.
Check there and report back.

I'll have a look at hidden channels to see what I can do.

m1nz
23-11-14, 00:28
Hi Pembo, Thanks got the channel up/down working.

Regarding the picons I have on a usb in /media/sdb1/picons as I have another USB drive which is for moves on /media/usb

When I check in openwebif I don't see the picons. Do you think its because of the location as /media/sdb1/picons

pembo
23-11-14, 00:45
Hi Pembo, Thanks got the channel up/down working.

Regarding the picons I have on a usb in /media/sdb1/picons as I have another USB drive which is for moves on /media/usb

When I check in openwebif I don't see the picons. Do you think its because of the location as /media/sdb1/picons

quite probably - I'm going to guess they need to be in /picons /media/hdd/picons or /media/usb/picons.
Could always raise a bug against openwebif with a screenshot of the EPG showing the picons missing.

abu baniaz
23-11-14, 00:50
The picon loactions have never included a mount point of sdb1 and folder must be "picon" without the "s" (ignore if typo please). Very easy to remount it as /media/hdd/ or create a symlink.

m1nz
23-11-14, 01:30
sorry for the typo.

I have fixed the issue. The picon need to be mounted as /media/usb for openwebif to pick them up even if they seem to pickup fine on the box if they are set to /media/sdb1/

If you have two USB connected then first one is setup as /media/sdb1/. If you change the mount to usb1 and usb2 it reverts back to one of the usb as /media/sdb1/

Now I can see them in openwebif they don't seem to appear in the app

pembo
23-11-14, 09:06
Are you using service name based picon files or service id ones.
If you don't know, look in the picon folder and see if the names are recognisable,

if they're called for example:
bbconehd.png - then they're service name based

if they're called:
1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png (or similar)

Then you're using service id picons.

The app tries to detect which you are using (or neither) and then links to them accordingly by querying for the image from the first channel in the bouquet. If there is no picon for this channel, it will not show any.

So some questions.
1. What picon type are you using (name/id) in /media/usb/picon?
2. Does your first channel in the list have a picon file?
3. What is your first channel in the app?
3. Do you see a missing image placeholder (square with an 'x') in the app or just no picture at all?

pembo
23-11-14, 09:36
@M1nz - ok - I've got the answer already.
A last minute change didn't find it its way into the service id picon discovery but did with the service name...

I'm preparing v1.6 right now with a fix to resolve this.

I feel sorry for the image developers - there are so many combinations to test/build for here that it's a real challenge to cover them all!

pembo
23-11-14, 10:21
v1.6 is now available.

You can download it from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/23/e2stream-v1-6/

Change log:

v1.6
* Resolved picon issue with service id based picons

pembo
23-11-14, 21:40
v1.7 is now available to download from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/23/e2stream-v1-7/

Thanks to all those who've reported bugs and or requested new features!

change log:

v1.7 - 23/11/2014
* Updated detection of separators and categories/headers in bouquets that has
been the primary cause of bugs surrounding missing picons
* Add ignore of bouquet when there are no channels present
* Updated the display of channels to correct issues when number of channels
in a bouquet is less than 5
* Added device id/picon mode to the about screen.

m1nz
23-11-14, 22:41
I can confirm picons are now working.

I am still seeing hidden channels bouquet using ZoomZoomLuke's Custom 28.2 xml.

Also some channels don't have picons eg bbc interactive and show ?. Could have a default icons if ?

Also does the buffering always takes a few mintues to load

pembo
23-11-14, 22:48
I can confirm picons are now working.

Also some channels don't have picons eg bbc interactive and show ?. Could have a default icons if ?

thanks M1nz.
I'll look at hidden channels at some point to see if this info gets passed over the openwebif call.
Do they show in openwebif? If not, I should be able to fix this.

For the picons, I made a deliberate choice not to check if they exist on every request to them, but I've an idea for a simple solution to fix this also.

buffering seems to vary per channel and according to your network.
Some channels seem to buffer very quickly compared to others, though I've not quite worked out why just yet!

m1nz
23-11-14, 22:56
Is does show in openwebif but no channels just empty. They don't show on box bouquet. The bouquet has the word hidden

pembo
24-11-14, 01:03
For those interested but not tried, here's a very short video of v1.7 in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KbmMmk-FbA

m1nz
24-11-14, 10:22
regarding the buffering i am running 1GB network connection but think the TV runs on 100MB on the LAN

mike1961
24-11-14, 17:34
Anyone else having mixed results? I get quick response (little or no buffering) with some channels, slow response (buffering 5-10 seconds) with others and nada (buffering forever) with others. All that said, I'm still gonna have Pembo's babies cos I really appreciate all that he's doing.;)

m1nz
24-11-14, 17:52
Anyone else having mixed results? I get quick response (little or no buffering) with some channels, slow response (buffering 5-10 seconds) with others and nada (buffering forever) with others. All that said, I'm still gonna have Pembo's babies cos I really appreciate all that he's doing.;)

Is your Tv on wireless or LAN connected

mike1961
24-11-14, 18:15
Is your Tv on wireless or LAN connected
Wireless. But I don't generally have issues with the likes of Netflix or casting wirelessly from tablet.

pembo
24-11-14, 19:57
The other thing I've noticed is my older TV struggles more than the newer one...

It seems models of the TV behave differently despite using the same APIs which makes life very difficult.
I've got two TVs to test on and irritatingly get different results on both!
(E and F series!)

pembo
24-11-14, 21:02
Out of interest - has anyone tried the 'recordings' playback yet?
I've not tested this too much other than to confirm it works for me!

pembo
24-11-14, 21:04

A couple of times during testing it dropped the stream for some reason... I need to put in some code to detect this and try again, which might explain the buffering forever issue :o

mike1961
24-11-14, 21:07
Out of interest - has anyone tried the 'recordings' playback yet?
I've not tested this too much other than to confirm it works for me!
Yep Pembo. I had a quick gander and looked good... recordings displayed ok and played a couple of them for a minute or two and playback was perfect. Also deleted them via the app. I'll give it a good spin later.

mike1961
24-11-14, 21:35
Feedback on recordings - when you hit the yellow button the list of recordings is displayed but the previous screen contents are also visible (ie program listing). Also when you select a recording the now/next from the tv listing is also displayed for a few seconds.

pembo
24-11-14, 22:34
Thanks Mike - those should be reasonably easy bugs to fix... also need to put in controls to rewind / ffwd / etc!

pembo
24-11-14, 23:42

Fixed this - will be available in the next release probably at the weekend

nik.here
25-11-14, 09:37
Wow...It works...Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Awesome ..super cool...Really good work Pembo!!

Just a couple of queries, when I try to increase the volume it video goes off.. and also is there an option to switch on subtitle? ...

nik.here
25-11-14, 10:34
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::):)

pembo
25-11-14, 20:43
Wow...It works...Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Awesome ..super cool...Really good work Pembo!!

Just a couple of queries, when I try to increase the volume it video goes off.. and also is there an option to switch on subtitle? ...

This must be a feature of the 'H' series. I think I can possibly fix this, but I'll have to "suck it and see" as I've not got a H series TV to test against but I potentially know what the issue is!!

I've not looked into subtitles but will take a look - should be possible hopefully!

pembo
25-11-14, 21:57
Subtitles don't seem to be transported with the stream.
set the volume before you start the app!

mike1961
25-11-14, 22:39
set the volume before you start the app!set the volume before you start the app!

Never thought of that :)

Can others comment on performance? I get inconsistent results where channels sometimes work and sometimes don't. Could be my set-up but...

pembo
25-11-14, 22:46
set the volume before you start the app!set the volume before you start the app!

Never thought of that :)

Can others comment on performance? I get inconsistent results where channels sometimes work and sometimes don't. Could be my set-up but...

Mike - if the channel doesn't work - press the stop button, and then try again.
if you've got a duo2 or can transcode try switching to transcoding to see what happens...

mike1961
25-11-14, 23:20
Thanks pembo.....I'll try both

abu baniaz
25-11-14, 23:25
Are you making use of the EPG feature in openwebif?

/ajax/multiepg2

pembo
25-11-14, 23:37
Are you making use of the EPG feature in openwebif?

/ajax/multiepg2

No, I'm using the /web/xxxxxxx services and parsing the xml to achieve the required functionality.

mike1961
26-11-14, 00:57
No luck switching to transcode. Not even the old reliables (CBS CHANNELS) working for me. Buffering for c 30 seconds then 3% displayed then nada. Must be just my set up cos everyone else seems happy. Could it be memory issues as several channels were fine first thing this morning

pembo
26-11-14, 07:13
No luck switching to transcode. Not even the old reliables (CBS CHANNELS) working for me. Buffering for c 30 seconds then 3% displayed then nada. Must be just my set up cos everyone else seems happy. Could it be memory issues as several channels were fine first thing this morning

doubtful. Next time you try this and you can't stream a channel - go to a PC, use openwebif and try to stream that channel from there and see what happens...

I'm putting some error handling in the buffering code to try and catch things if/when they go wrong...

m1nz
26-11-14, 22:57
Hi pembo,

I also have a issue with the volume on the UE40H6410 as it closes the app. Also when you press the mute it does not mute the TV.

I have noticed that some time you don't get the sound but only the picture

pembo
26-11-14, 22:59
Thanks @M1nz - I'll try and put some changes in to fix the 'H' series issues but I'm guessing at a fix as I don't have a H series model to test against, and the emulator behaves as I'd expect.

m1nz
26-11-14, 23:32
Thanks @M1nz - I'll try and put some changes in to fix the 'H' series issues but I'm guessing at a fix as I don't have a H series model to test against, and the emulator behaves as I'd expect.

Let me know if you want me to test on the H series.

pembo
27-11-14, 00:21
E2Stream v1.8 is now available
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/26/e2stream-v1-8/

change log:

v1.8 - 26/11/2014
* Honours the ABM Hidden sections
* Many changes to the recordings playback including:
- Progress Bar on info bar
- Rw & Fw jump back/forwards 20 seconds
- 1 and 3 jump back/forwards 30 seconds
- 4 and 6 jump back/forwards 60 seconds
- 7 and 9 jump back/forwards 120 seconds
- Improved list view UI around recordings
- Improved infobar view around recordings
- When recording stops return to list
* Added Clock to the infobar showing current time

imish
27-11-14, 00:23
This looks super impressive. Any chance getting. An app for a Panasonic smart tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pembo
27-11-14, 00:32
This looks super impressive. Any chance getting. An app for a Panasonic smart tv?

If only all smart tvs were equal! You have to build for each smart tv individually.
I've not got a Panasonic TV to test on, and based on the Samsung SDK, the emulator isn't enough, but it's more than possible for someone to build something similar for a Panasonic TV or any other brand of smart TV if there is a public SDK and you can upload a self developed app to the TV without having to go through the app store or some really complicated process!

judge
27-11-14, 00:39
If only all smart tvs were equal!
Smart TV's aren't that smart...

pembo
27-11-14, 00:43
Smart TV's aren't that smart...

hahahahaha :roflmao: - indeed!
I've been very disappointed with the Samsung sdk and how it works across different models, and it's stability in general.

imish
27-11-14, 01:14

If only all smart tvs were equal! You have to build for each smart tv individually.
I've not got a Panasonic TV to test on, and based on the Samsung SDK, the emulator isn't enough, but it's more than possible for someone to build something similar for a Panasonic TV or any other brand of smart TV if there is a public SDK and you can upload a self developed app to the TV without having to go through the app store or some really complicated process!

Thats a shame :(

m1nz
27-11-14, 10:24
Hi Pembo does this new version include the fix for the volume

nik.here
27-11-14, 12:54
Hi Pembo, thanks . how can I upgrade to newer version ?

mike1961
29-11-14, 01:37
Details in earlier posts and on Pembo's website

See here for more information:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/10/e2stream-v1-1-1/[/QUOTE]

Hi Pembo, thanks . how can I upgrade to newer version ?

pembo
29-11-14, 09:10
Just a quick update on what I've been working on.

I've rejigged the startup now to hopefully work better and give more information.
A couple of people reported a long startup time that I can't replicate - i'm hoping this will have fixed it, but if not, at least I'll now have some idea of where the issue lies.

Also put a clock on the front screen, and changed the switch between recordings/TV to work more smoothly.

Changed the volume/mute handling - not sure if this will fix the issue with the H-series TVs, but I'll test it first here to see if it works on my TV and if it does, it'll go out like that and I'll wait for feedback from those with the H-series TVs.

I hope to get the release out tomorrow after a few more changes to improve stability.
There's been significant changes put in again, so I want to be confident of them first before I release which means testing on the TV itself - I don't trust the emulator!

pembo
30-11-14, 00:08
E2Stream v2.0 available to download here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/29/e2stream-v2-0/

change log:

v2.0 - 29/11/2014
* Implemented volume up/down/mute to try and fix issue
with H Series SMART TV models. OSD Still todo
* Changed start up routine massively to provide more
information on startup and help optimise this.
* Fixed switch between TV/Recordings views
* Disabled settings change in recordings view
* Added clock to front-screen top right corner
* Changed infobar removal routine for stability
* Fixed scrolling issue on E series within recordings view

For those with a H-Series TV, can you let me know how the volume/mute changes go...

m1nz
30-11-14, 00:32
Hi Pembo. It takes about 50 seconds for the app to initialse on the H-Series.

1. Does not play the channel anymore when you press click on play
2. The Hidden Channels don't show anymore so seems to be fixed
3. Don't know if you looked at the picon channels that show ? eg interactive channels, You could default them to blank
4. Volume/Mute works but until I can full screen cant test

pembo
30-11-14, 07:46
@M1NZ, are you pressing the 'enter' key to start streaming the channel?

What text does it show on the screen for the longest period of time during startup?

I've had a quick look at the picon issue but not decided on the best way yet to fix this without it causing a performace problem, but I'm still working on this.

pembo
30-11-14, 08:23
Just tested this - the play button isn't working correctly. Use the 'enter' button. i'll fix the play one in the next release!

m1nz
30-11-14, 10:54
Hi Pembo,

I see initialising which takes about 50 sec. Also I am pressing the enter key and it does not work. Normally it shows full screen and play the stream but when I press the enter key just stays on the channel selection screen

pembo
30-11-14, 11:22
Hi Pembo,

I see initialising which takes about 50 sec. Also I am pressing the enter key and it does not work. Normally it shows full screen and play the stream but when I press the enter key just stays on the channel selection screen

press the 'enter' key again and it'll probably go full screen.
I'll take a look but I can't replicate this on either the emulator, E or F series.

m1nz
30-11-14, 11:25
Tried it many times and it does not. If you long press the entre key its starts the stream but goes back to the channel listing

pembo
30-11-14, 11:28
Tried it many times and it does not. If you long press the entre key its starts the stream but goes back to the channel listing

Hmmm. Bloody Samsung! Not sure what they've done with the H-series TVs that makes them so different!
I'll take another look

I have a possible reason... i'll prep a beta and PM you to test if you don't mind :)

m1nz
30-11-14, 12:24
sent you a PM on the beta results

mike1961
30-11-14, 12:57
hi lads ... any luck with the beta release for us sad h series users on v2.0 ?:confused:

pembo
30-11-14, 13:24
Ok - looks promising.
Mike, I'll PM you.

m1nz
30-11-14, 15:34
sent you a PM on the results pembo

pembo
30-11-14, 19:01
E2Stream v2.2 is now available to download as part of my quest to fix the issues on a H-Series TV.
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/30/e2stream-v2-2/

As I don’t have an H-Series it’s a bit of struggle to replicate the issues!
I’ve tested v2.2 in the 2014 Emulator, and E series, and an F series and confirm this works as expected against my enima 2 set top box (running openvix Apollo 090).

Thanks to everyone who's helped with this, especially M1nz who has helped immensly today :)

Any feedback on this version is greatly appreciated, especially from those with an H series TV...

Change log:

v2.2 - 30/11/2014

* Removed all reference to SF Object
* Changed clock to absolute positioning
* Corrected play button to behave same as enter

v2.1 - 30/11/2014
* Removed screen saver disable to try to resolve
H series issues!

mike1961
30-11-14, 20:03
Hi Pembo,
I installed v2.2 on my h series tv. When I try to open the app, I'm getting an error 'Samsung server not responding'. I've opened other apps successfully ( to make sure my internet connection is ok).

Any ideas?

pembo
30-11-14, 20:33
Hi Pembo,
I installed v2.2 on my h series tv. When I try to open the app, I'm getting an error 'Samsung server not responding'. I've opened other apps successfully ( to make sure my internet connection is ok).

Any ideas?

not a clue!
Could try deleting and reinstalling v2.2

pembo
30-11-14, 20:53
Mike - try to download again - I think the build was corrupted again!
That's twice today :(

m1nz
30-11-14, 22:18
Hi Pembo,

v2.2 H-Series

1. The first time you install after initialising the app stays on processing 1585 channels. Still initialising takes about 50 seconds. You have to exit the app and reload it.
2. enter button still not working to start steam and to return to app channel menu but play buttons works fine both ways
3. Volume button and mute working now
4. Clock works fine

pembo
30-11-14, 23:04
Hi Pembo,

v2.2 H-Series

1. The first time you install after initialising the app stays on processing 1585 channels. Still initialising takes about 50 seconds. You have to exit the app and reload it.
2. enter button still not working to start steam and to return to app channel menu but play buttons works fine both ways
3. Volume button and mute working now
4. Clock works fine

Thanks m1nz - there must be something special going on with the enter key as the play and enter button both call the same function to play the video!
I might need to register the enter key like I did the volume ones to make it work on the H series.

For point 1 - I've tested this to death on my devices and don't have a problem - so I'm guessing there is something unusal going on with the H-series again... I'll do further digging.

m1nz
30-11-14, 23:48
Hi pembo the enter key was working on version 1.7 as I did not test 1.8 and went to 2.0

pembo
01-12-14, 06:59
2.0 introduced the changes for the h-series, so i'm pretty sure the issue came about then.
I guess at least right now it works with the play button, and given they both call the exact same function and only that function, then it has got to be something to do with those changes.

I'll try something else in the next release!

mike1961
01-12-14, 18:01
Apologies if I'm going on about this too much but ... is everyone else having good success with Pembo's app? My set up is I have a Gigablue 800SE Plus (running Zeus) going wirelessly to my H series Samsung TV (obviously :)). When switching to a channel, the epg (now/next) is displayed fairly quickly and then the anxious wait begins ... how long will the buffering msg stay on screen and will the channel come through? Unfortunately it's very hit-and-miss with me and sometimes it comes in fine other times not so.

Is everyone else having 100% success or ???

pembo
01-12-14, 18:47
Mike, I get pretty much 100% success. I plan to implement a couple of different video playback mechanisms to try and make this easier, but with each there appears to be particular issues, e.g non HD channels playing in 4:3.

I'm wired by the way. Gigabit lan between the two.

Can you transcode? Could be worth trying to see if there is a network issue.
What about recordings, do they play back ok?

mike1961
01-12-14, 20:06
Hi Pembo,

Same result with transcoding (hit and miss) but playback of recordings is perfect. Im not blaming your app but would like to hear from others.. to see if I'm the only eejit

pembo
01-12-14, 21:24
Hi Pembo,

Same result with transcoding (hit and miss) but playback of recordings is perfect. Im not blaming your app but would like to hear from others.. to see if I'm the only eejit

I'm not convinced of the Samsung video player to be honest, but I can only work with what they put in. There are 2 or 3 versions of the video player. I'm going to put an option in to be able to switch between these as it should be relatively painless to do, and there might be better compatibility with different versions of the TV hopefully...

m1nz
01-12-14, 21:55
I have not had a issue with this on my H version. I am hard wired.

m1nz
01-12-14, 21:58
have you tried with webif and see if you get the same issue. I know zeus had some issues with drivers. Might need to update to apollo and try

pembo
01-12-14, 22:18
I have not had a issue with this on my H version. I am hard wired.

First time I've heard a h-series user say that :D

mike1961
01-12-14, 23:21
have you tried with webif and see if you get the same issue. I know zeus had some issues with drivers. Might need to update to apollo and try
Openwebif works fine on pc and tv....looking at the epg on the telly right now...

pembo
01-12-14, 23:27
Openwebif works fine on pc and tv....looking at the epg on the telly right now...

What build are you on?
I'm currently testing against Apollo 090

mike1961
02-12-14, 00:13
I'm on zeus 023.

pembo
02-12-14, 00:40
I'm surprised it works at all against an old version :)

I've now fixed the issues some people were having viewing the recordings - a couple of very kind people supplied me with responses from their boxes so I could debug the issue. I've built an e2 openwebif simulator to respond based on supplied logs so I can test/build using someone elses logs to try and diagnose issues.

I'll get this build out later this week.

m1nz
03-12-14, 23:03
Hi Pembo,

I have been testing a few days now and I have noticed that some times you can play a stream but you get no audio

pembo
04-12-14, 00:20
E2Stream v2.3 is now available to download from the usual place.
This hopefully fixes a lot of the issues people had with the recordings list.

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/03/e2stream-v2-3/

Change log

v2.3 - 03/12/2014
* Updated installer with many changes including:
- New style
- Top left dropdown Menu to select screens
- Admin Screen to provide additional directory rather
than having to do this on startup
- Able to exit the installer from the web interface
- About Screen
- View of installation process as TV communicates
- OpenWebIF Response Simulator to aid debugging of
issues experienced by user.
Needs files creating in c:\temp\e2logs as follows:
> gettallservices.xml
> getlocations.xml
> movielist.xml
These files correspond with the openwebif call with
the same name and should contain a valid XML response.
* Updated E2Stream to handle recordings with no
e2description element
* Added enter key unregister to try and fix another
h-series only issue
* Tidy up removal of warnings to help spot issues more
easily

nasser007
04-12-14, 15:01
Hi Pembo, does this app take long to load on the smart tv, mine takes nearly 3 mins could this be due to wifi signal and I like to say keep up the grate work mate thanks.

pembo
04-12-14, 16:55
Hi Pembo, does this app take long to load on the smart tv, mine takes nearly 3 mins could this be due to wifi signal and I like to say keep up the grate work mate thanks.

Did it take 3 minutes even on first run before you input the IP?
Or is it only once you've set the IP?

nasser007
04-12-14, 18:11
Hello its seems to be every time I start the app on the tv its connect by wifi don`t know if that what it is, How long should it take.

pembo
04-12-14, 20:33
Hello its seems to be every time I start the app on the tv its connect by wifi don`t know if that what it is, How long should it take.

Could you try and delete the app, then reinstall and time the very first run to see if this takes 3 minutes before it gives you the IP address input screen.

pembo
04-12-14, 20:39
Interested to know from the h-series owners if the enter key behaves on this model now?

pembo
05-12-14, 00:15
E2Stream v2.5 has been released and is available to download from the following link:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/04/e2stream-v2-5/

Change log

v2.5 - 04/12/2014
* Fixed image paths on series F onwards
* Added Mute icon to show when mute is enabled
* Fixed minor issue in installer causing build problems

v2.4 - 04/12/2014
* Attempt to fix slow startup for some people

m1nz
05-12-14, 08:46
Hi pembo,

I will test tonight on the H TV and let you know

mike1961
05-12-14, 14:41
Hi Pembo,

I had a quick spin of v2.5. My set up being gigablue 800SE+ running Apollo 096 and Samsung H series. Getting good success rate on channels compared to previous versions, picons showing for the first time... and the bad news ... Enter button still not working :(

nasser007
05-12-14, 17:40
Hi Pembo, thanks mate loads really fast now about 6 seconds, but got no icons showing or recording list. Thanks for the hard work.

pembo
05-12-14, 20:13
Nasser007 - does the first channel in your list in the app shows have a picon on the enigma2 set top box.
Can you tell me what picon mode it shows in the about screen?

I'll PM you for some debug info on the recordings list.

mike1961
05-12-14, 20:39
Most channels working fine. Some have audio and no picture. An odd one goes back to channel list. Thanks for all the good work.

nasser007
05-12-14, 23:37
Hi Pembo, no icon showing at all in the enigma2 set top box, thanks for the debug info but I am really new to this and do not fully understand it, so sorry I can`t help but your work is grate and will donate towards your hard work.

pembo
06-12-14, 00:10
Hi Pembo, no icon showing at all in the enigma2 set top box, thanks for the debug info but I am really new to this and do not fully understand it, so sorry I can`t help but your work is grate and will donate towards your hard work.

If you get some picons installed on the set top box, then they should show in the smart tv app.
The about screen in the app (the blue 'D' button) shows the picon mode.

It will say either
- None
- Service Name
- Service ID

Which depends on whether it could find the first channel icon on the box and what type of icons you've installed

nasser007
06-12-14, 17:56
Hi Pembo, the about button says picons mode none found, I am using on my vu+solo2 image openvix Apollo 096 and carbon -maggy-style-XPicons the skin I am using is sky by fraggle 121
which displays picons on the top of the right hand screen.

pembo
06-12-14, 20:01
Login to openwebif on a browser and click the epg in there.
Let me know if you have any picons showing.

If you don't there's something not quite right with your setup.
If you do, then what about the very first channel in the list, does that have a picon?

If it does I'll need you to run a couple of openwebif queries for me to determine if there's another bug or some issue with your setup.

nasser007
06-12-14, 20:18
Hi just login to openwebif and all picons showing up ok on there.

nasser007
07-12-14, 20:50
Hello pembo, viewing recordings ok now just had to change location on sat box.

m1nz
07-12-14, 22:16
Hi pembo,

I have been testing on the H-series TV

1.Enter button still not working
2.Loading now takes less than 10 seconds
3.Still issue when you install app and run it for the first time sits on processing channels. You have to power off the tv and then it loads without any issues
4. Picons are working fine
5. streams work but not transcode just returns back to menu

pembo
08-12-14, 00:08
E2Stream v2.7 is available to download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/07/e2stream-v2-7/

Change log:

v2.7 - 07/12/2014
* Added OSD for Volume controls
* Modified CMD file to start installer to try and locate
a compatible JRE to use
* Added Exit to the installer menu

pembo
10-12-14, 23:59
E2Stream v3.0 is now available to download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/10/e2stream-v3-0/

Changelog

v3.0 - 10/12/2014
* Modified navbar icons to now show play button to
start channel stream. Enter still continues to function
as before for non H-series TVs.
* Added experimental audio channel switching by pressing
red button when in full screen mode to cycle through
audio channels
* Detection of stream errors and display of screen to
show error with option to retry or return to channel list
* Automated build process to simplify distribution

v2.8 - 08/12/2014
* Attempted to fix picon issues with 'unusual' responses
from openwebif from some users

pembo
15-12-14, 01:20
E2Stream v3.5 is now available.
This version has been through quite a few changes to help with debugging as well as resolving issues:

You can download this from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/15/e2stream-v3-5/

Changelog

v3.5 - 14/12/2014
* Finalised audio channel switching. Red button changes
the audio channel during video playback when more than
one audio stream is available.
* Notification to inform when change of audio stream
* If more than one audio stream is available this is
highlighted in the infobar
* Implementation of a debug window/version to collect
information from users when issues occur that are
difficult to diagnose. Press 'tools' to turn on
debug log. For issues on startup you'll need to
download the debug enbled build.
* Removed superfluous logging from all classes
and standardised everywhere to use the new debug class
* Modified way the infobar timer works to fix an issue
during change of channel where the infobar would close
prematurely based on the timer from the previous channel
* Improved error handling in various scenarios
* Removed the number prefix question on startup to simplify
the startup process. This is still present in the
settings UI

nasser007
15-12-14, 15:00
Thanks for all the hard work, all picons showing working really well now.:)

pembo
19-12-14, 07:36
E2Stream v3.6 has been released and can be downloaded from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/19/e2stream-v3-6/

Change log

v3.6 - 19/12/204
* Implemented zap to channel for those who want to force
the channel change or have a single tuner
* Resolved further startup issues to resolve picon/stalling
issues on startup
* Added more error handling to network communications to
catch errors and allow for retry when failed
* Stopped settings screen losing focus when moving down from
last field on initialisation

m1nz
21-12-14, 11:35
Hi pembo, I have tested on a F6500 tv and the audio channels and volume screen display stays on the screen. I don't know why you need your mute and volume up and down on the screen as it does not work as the TV mute,volume up and down screen display works fine

pembo
21-12-14, 13:59
E2Stream v3.7 is now available to download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/21/e2stream-v3-7/

Change log

v3.7 - 21/12/2014
* Resolved minor issue on settings screen. < & > were in
the wrong location following introduction of the zap
option
* Prevented Bouquet Description from wrapping when the
description is unusually long
* Modified info bar for recordings to tidy up the progress
bar and style it like the rest of the info bar, but also
to resize recording description and show the time
remaining
* Corrected progress bar length to prevent run over out of
the container
* Fixed buffering complete notification issue which
prevented skip from working in recordings
* Introduced 'alert bar' to alert on conditions, the first
of these being 'Cannot skip whilst buffering'
* Improved speed of EPG retrieval my making multiple async
requests for now/next rather than one large request
* Blocked a number of the remote control keys when in full
screen playback to prevent issues
* Modified start-up to avoid double load of channels/picon
status check to speed things up and avoid issues with
picon checks/display
* Improved picon handling by resolving some filename issues
and avoiding a double check when changing from channels
to recordings and back again
* Separated REST calls over different XMLHttpRequest objects
to avoid the race conditions created with the introduction
of the asynchronous timer code
* Separated AV Player implementation to allow future
switching to the legacy player. These changes are not
available yet as further modifications are required to
re-enable the legacy player implementation
* Re-introduced the legacy player class but not enabled yet
as the Samsung APIs clash meaning a change in player will
need a restart of the app and this is still to be implemented
* With the above, implementation of an advanced settings
screen (yet to be enabled due to some issues) to select
the player

Recordings InfoBar v3.7

pembo
21-12-14, 14:27
Hi pembo, I have tested on a F6500 tv and the audio channels and volume screen display stays on the screen. I don't know why you need your mute and volume up and down on the screen as it does not work as the TV mute,volume up and down screen display works fine

It's due to compatibility with different models of the TV unfortunately! Especially the 'H-Series' models.
I suspect the issue you mentioned has been fixed with v3.7 hopefully!

pembo
21-12-14, 22:02
E2Stream v3.8 has been released and is available to download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/21/e2stream-v3-8/

This release resovles an issue preventing v3.7 working on from a fresh installation on the TV.

Change log

v3.8 - 21/12/2014
* Fixed settings save on application install/setup

m1nz
21-12-14, 22:56
To resolve the issue I had to restart the TV after install. I don't know on the next build you can make it rest the TV after install

pembo
21-12-14, 23:09
To resolve the issue I had to restart the TV after install. I don't know on the next build you can make it rest the TV after install

Did you delete before installing or just update?
Delete is the safest way. I update quite a lot and haven't had issues however I know some people have reported issues.
I have a sneaking suspicion that theres a cache somewhere in the TV that's transparent to the apps, but it seems to get in the way sometimes!

pembo
22-12-14, 22:06
For those who haven't updated to v3.8 - the feedback on this version has been extremely positive from a number of people now as there are many performance increases in this version making it noticeably quicker than previous builds!

m1nz
22-12-14, 22:28
I delete before installing. I have add the same issue on F and H Tvs

Fezzer
23-12-14, 12:08
I've tried for about 2 hours this morning to get this to work but all I keep getting is buffering I've deleted and reinstalled checked all webif details but still nowt. It's a Sammy UE40D6100 any pointers to try?

pembo
23-12-14, 16:15
Hi Fezzer, it doesn't work right now on a D-Series TV.
I'm working on an implementation for the D-Series that uses an older media player implementation that should work but loses a bit of functionality.

Keep checking back here as I'll post once its done

matty102
23-12-14, 19:15
Hi Pembo, great piece of work this.

I just cant get the recordings to work though so have just been using it for streaming. On every version I have had it just sits on 'processing 63 recordings' when trying to access them. Each time I updated previously I didn't' delete first but this time I did and it still hangs at the same place. Is there anything else I can check/try? Thanks

mike1961
23-12-14, 20:52
v3.8 working fine on my H series and all good with recordings too. Thanks again Pembo

pembo
23-12-14, 21:52
Hi Pembo, great piece of work this.

I just cant get the recordings to work though so have just been using it for streaming. On every version I have had it just sits on 'processing 63 recordings' when trying to access them. Each time I updated previously I didn't' delete first but this time I did and it still hangs at the same place. Is there anything else I can check/try? Thanks

press 'tools' button on the remote before you press to switch to recordings.
Take a photo of the debug and email it to me... I'll pm you my address.

matty102
23-12-14, 22:31
Thanks Pembo. Just sent this to you.

pembo
24-12-14, 00:14
Matty102 - I think this is because you don't have any recordings in /media/hdd/movie and right now it's assuming that you would have!
Until I fix this, as a workaround try to just record something and leave it in that location and hopefully it will work.

I've created a bug entry so I can track this!

matty102
24-12-14, 12:06
Thanks Pembo, Yeah I have all my recordings in folders so nothing sits in /media/hdd/movie usually but I just moved an existing recording into there and all works fine now. I can also access the recordings in other different folders now as well. Thanks a lot.

stilts
26-12-14, 14:13
Just got this running on my daughters UE32H4510.

As it's a 2014 model the instructions for getting into developer mode etc were different, but I got there in the end.

First impressions, FANTASTIC WORK, the layout is easy to use, the stream/picture quality is great too!

Great work pembo!!!

pembo
27-12-14, 21:37
E2Stream v4.0 is now available to download here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/27/e2stream-v4-0/

Change log

v4.0 - 27/12/2014
* Added paging of channel list using channel up/down in
the list view screen. (Channel up/down still continues
to change channel in full screen play-back mode)
* Corrected video count positioning in list when more than
100 channels are in a bouquet and you are playing a double
or triple digit channel number in the list
* Fixed more service name picon issues with non
alphanumeric characters
* Fixed previous/next indicators in channel list to
highlight when there are further pages of channels.
* Reformatted recordings list text to resolve positioning
and wrap issues.
* Fixed pause on recordings play-back
* Now shows info-bar on pause, rewind, fast forward/skip
when playing back a recording.
* Quick fix to prevent 0 items in recording list giving a
problem - this needs a better fix to ignore empty
bouquets that will come in a future release.
* Resolved zap during full screen play back issue

v3.9 - 24/12/2014
* Rewrite of the sliding window channel view to allow for
easier future modifications

loopy123
27-12-14, 22:36
Hi pembo great work , any updates for the d series tv ?I get everything but it just buffers.

pembo
27-12-14, 23:04
Not yet.. Working on it, but it might have to be a separate build, specifically for the d-series.

gvsb
29-12-14, 23:44
Hello Pembo

First of all thank you very much for your wonderful work, it is very much appreciated.

I just bought my first ever Samsung smart TV today, a 32'' H series for the bedroom.
I have installed E2Stream v4.0 and it works like a dream with channels and recordings on both DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuners but only with FTA channels and recordings from FTA channels.
On all other channels and recordings it says "buffering...please wait" forever or "buffering...please wait" and then "error message: Stream communication problem"

Is that normal? is it not possible to stream encrypted channels and recordings or is it something in my set up? Something i am doing wrong?

I am running Apollo 109 on a GI Xpeed LX3 receiver and everything is connected with wires on a rock solid Gigabit LAN.
I had exactly the same results when i connected the TV to my secondary E2 receiver a cloud ibox3 running latest openpli4

Thank you all in advance, any help/advice/experience on the matter is very welcomed.

pembo
02-01-15, 23:57
Apologies - only just seen this.

Sounds like a configuration you might have set on the boxes. Many other people have had success with encrypted channels, so I suspect its a setting under system/customise/descramble http streams.

When enabled, http streams are descrambled on the server side. The (remote) client receiver does not have to do descrambling.
Check and set this to yes if it's not already...

gvsb
03-01-15, 11:02
Hi
Unfortunately, I have checked and that setting is set to Yes. I have tried altering all settings under customise and nothing seems to make the slight difference, everything behaves exactly like before.

Anybody else has problems with encrypted channels or am I the only one? Please report.

This is how customise section is setup for me:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/37af40d021056387104a899fc0ac7495.jpg

pembo
03-01-15, 11:06
Do they stream through openwebif?

gvsb
03-01-15, 11:17
Yes, they always had. They also stream very well on the network from E2 box to E2 box through remotestreamconvert plugin and E2 box to PC running XBMC.

Do you think maybe trying an older version of your app could have a positive effect? i have only tried v4, tried to download older versions but all links point to v4.

pembo
03-01-15, 11:43
An older version won't make any difference.

If you wait long enough do you eventually get an error trying to stream?

gvsb
03-01-15, 12:38
On some channels it says buffering forever

On some others it says buffering briefly and then
error: failed to start the channel stream, are all your tuners in use? Error message: stream communication problem

Obviously, I have made sure tuners are free, makes no difference

Same error/behaviour on recordings too which suggest to me it is not a tunner error.

FTA channels and recordings work without the smallest glitch for SD and HD channels

pembo
03-01-15, 13:13
There has to be something unsual in your config on the boxes.

Can you press the 'tools' button on the remote, try and connect to a pay channel and take a photo of the debug log. I doubt there will be much of use in there but its worth checking... I'll add more debug to the next release to try and help identify issues here

gvsb
03-01-15, 13:41
This is encrypted, buffering... please wait forever
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/986e5e34680da8b3d9ded354067b20d8.jpg

This is encrypted, error: stream communication problem
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/bdb2500a774f1068c1abc7f9190f21aa.jpg

This is encrypted recording
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/e473badd544ff4f59924d73a5c66681e.jpg

This is FTA channel
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/b53a01bcac68604af94be0b981b6a214.jpg

This is FTA recording
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/03/7b91680aae1dcd0abeda54de1137da0e.jpg

pembo
03-01-15, 15:01
So you're definitely getting an error whilst trying to connect to the stream.
Unfortunately the debug doesn't tell me what error, so I've added it into the next release which i'll hopefully get out either later today or tomorrow and that might give us more clues about what is wrong!

The cancel request message occurs because it's dropped into the onError block whilst trying to play the stream.

pembo
04-01-15, 13:15
E2Stream v5.0 is now available to download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/2015/01/04/e2stream-v5-0/

This is a major release (hence the jump to v5.0)

Features to highlight

Confirmation on exit dialog to allow suspend/deep suspend of the E2 box if you choose
Parental control pin to protect settings/lock starting bouquet
Experimental 'legacy' player implementation for possible D/C Series compatibility

Full Changelog:

v5.0 - 04/01/2015
* Added system sounds to the various functions within the app
* Return now exits from full screen back to the channel list
* Implemented a dialog control to handle new functionality
* Added confirm dialog when using return from channel list
to exit. This allows you to make the choice to:
- A: Cancel the exit request
- B: Exit E2Stream App
- C: Suspend the E2 box and Exit E2Stream
- D: Deep Suspend the E2 box and Exit E2Stream
Obviously, if you deep suspend the E2 box, you won't be able
to use the app again until you wake it up again.
* Added parental control pin and settings to allow you to
- lock to the starting bouquet only
- lock the settings options.
The PIN is currently visibile in the settings screen when
unlocked and will be masked in a later release.
* Re-architected player encapsulation and startup to allow for
an inline switch to the 'legacy' player to try and help with
compatibilitiy on older model Samsung SMART TVs
* Added Advanced settings to allow you to change from the
default video player to the legacy player that *might* be
compatible with C/D Series SMART TVs. The legacy player is
only recommended for those with older model TVs, and is
considered experimental with limited testing right now and
comes with some known restrictions/limitations.
- The info-bar overlay doesn't work
- You have to return to the channel list (enter button) to
select another channel
- Skip doesn't work in recordings
- Player doesn't buffer so might be susceptile to pauses
if network is congested or slow
* Due to the large number of changes, the app will require you
to re-input your settings on first execution following an
install/update.

DaMacFunkin
04-01-15, 15:52
Sorry, new to this thread, is this possible on HU8500, just got one on Boxing Day?
Cheers.
Just to add and maybe quite a bit off topic the TV has an IR extender which allows me to totally integrate my duo2, pressing guide in smart hub mode gives me a full Virgin Media epg which i can press and it turns the channel over, and suggest Programs that are on SKY (VM) in the home screen with the ability to direct tune to them by voice or remote.

veskop
04-01-15, 16:10
Will be working allso on other brands?For example,on LG Smart TV?Thanks

loopy123
04-01-15, 19:51
Hi pembo been waiting for this 1 pal to do d series great work!! but took of old version put this v 5 on and it won't let me put my ip in or change player when I press blue button.any ideas is anybody having same problem?

sigpark
04-01-15, 20:12
Hi pembo been waiting for this 1 pal to do d series great work!! but took of old version put this v 5 on and it won't let me put my ip in or change player when I press blue button.any ideas is anybody having same problem?

Hi Pembo - FANTASTIC work - I can even stream HD. I am using Vu+Solo2

I have the following Samsung TV's (all at their respective latest Samsung firmware versions):

40D7000
55F6500
65HU8500

The app installed on all TV's seamlessly, and is working brill on 55F6500 and 65HU8500, however on 40D7000 in setup I am unable to enter the IP details as with this post. I can do B to continue from first screen, and after that no ENTRY key presses will work - up / down / left / right or numeric keys. Pressing C and D will get you Parental Control and Legacy set-up screens, but again no data can be input. A will not cancel and B will not save - ONLY other working keys are Return or Exit, both actions just quit the app.

I had not tried earlier versions and the download link on your resource site is only to v5, so I am afraid I cannot comment if this behaviour is new, but loopy123 post above seems to imply that he "took off" earlier version on the "D" series?

Again - appreciate the great work, and help on this matter would be great

pembo
04-01-15, 20:31
I'll take a look. Just to confirm - clean install, after pressing B pass the welcome screen, you can't put in any IP details?

Just saw the D-Series only comment :)

Can you press the 'tools' button on the welcome screen and try to continue. then post a picture of the debug window assuming this shows!

sigpark
04-01-15, 20:50
Hi Pembo,

1. Issue is D series only, as you have acknowledged - sorry I edited my first post to make it clearer
2. Yes clean install - never had ur app on any of the TV's before, and Yes can't input IP or port details after pressing B to move beyond welcome screen. Never used develop account before.
3. Pressing tools button at anytime does nothing - i.e. at the welcome screen or after pressing B to go past the welcome screen or after pressing C or D - tools button appears to have no function I am afraid
4. I cannot input any data on any screen - the setup, or Parental or Legacy screens - nor can I move between the various input fields with the arrow keys.
5. Using original Samsung Remote - as used to actually set-up develop account and download the app.

Hope this helps - let me know if I can provide anymore details or info. I could reset the Smart Hub and try again if you think that would be helpful, but everything else working fine; this is the very first custom app I have ever tried to use.

Thanks!

pembo
04-01-15, 20:52
Hope this helps - let me know if I can provide anymore details or info. I could reset the Smart Hub and try again if you think that would be helpful, but everything else working fine; this is the very first custom app I have ever tried to use.

Thanks!

I've got an idea... let me try something - shouldn't take too long, then i'll get v5.1 out that might make it work.
I have a sneaking suspiscion the audio library doesn't fully exist in the D/C series also...

loopy123
04-01-15, 21:02
Hi pembo this is correct I have tried twice! Cannot get a debug because won't let me continue , will keep trying for 1
Every other version was ok putting in ip
I can use d and c button but there again can not select different player
Thanks again pembo fantastic work !!!��

pembo
04-01-15, 21:14
Could you try v5.1dbg (debug) you can download from here:

http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

If this works, I'll upload 5.1 full

loopy123
04-01-15, 21:33
Hope this helps

loopy123
04-01-15, 21:40
And this 1

sigpark
04-01-15, 21:41
Could you try v5.1dbg (debug) you can download from here:

If this works, I'll upload 5.1 full

Same result for me - some warnings and you will see the further lines at bottom as I pressed some keys, however I am still unable to enter the IP or other details of the Enigma 2 unit.

pembo
04-01-15, 21:56
hmmm. so the audio is enabled. Can you try just pressing tools on the welcome screen to see if you can show/hide the debug?

pembo
04-01-15, 21:58
There's no field highlighted in that screen shot sigpark - has it always been this way? it should start with the first IP field being highlighted, but clearly from the screenshot, the renderer in the D-Series isn't as capable.

sigpark
04-01-15, 22:06
hmmm. so the audio is enabled. Can you try just pressing tools on the welcome screen to see if you can show/hide the debug?

Hi Pembo, Pressing tools at the welcome screen or in the settings screen does NOT toggle debug. The DEBUG message:

tools - Key pressed 75-Screen mode:4
B - Key pressed 20-Screen mode:4 followed by: Settingscreen mode:1

then pressing 1 2 3 in sequence gives:
Key pressed 101-Screen mode:1
Key pressed 98-Screen mode:1
Key pressed 6-Screen mode:1

then pressing navigation up, down, left and right
Key pressed 29460-Screen mode:1
Key pressed 29461-Screen mode:1
Key pressed 4-Screen mode:1
Key pressed 5-Screen mode:1

and of course nothing as regards input happens. Hope this helps

sigpark
04-01-15, 22:11
There's no field highlighted in that screen shot sigpark - has it always been this way? it should start with the first IP field being highlighted, but clearly from the screenshot, the renderer in the D-Series isn't as capable.

The contrast is not good but I confirm that the first IP field IS HIGHLIGHTED - colour is baby blue

pembo
04-01-15, 22:30
I'm pretty sure this is the audio class... despite it being enabled I think it's missing some methods. I'm putting in one more change and will get another debug build out very shortly to test!

pembo
04-01-15, 22:43
ok... try debug build again, same link (same internal version)!
Thanks both for helping me debug this :)

gvsb
04-01-15, 22:47
Hello

Should I try the debugging version myself? iv got the encrypted channels problem on the H series

Thanks

sigpark
04-01-15, 22:49
ok... try debug build again, same link (same internal version)!
Thanks both for helping me debug this :)

Hi Pembo,

Tools does indeed toggle debug now, and input works successfully. I have added and saved my e2 box IP

Many thanks:)

pembo
04-01-15, 22:51
Excellent - can you try and change to legacy player now - lets hope this works after all this ;)

pembo
04-01-15, 22:56
Hello

Should I try the debugging version myself? iv got the encrypted channels problem on the H series

Thanks

I don't think it will help. There's definitely some issue outside of the app here, but I'm not sure what yet and need to add more debugging and/or give you a few tests to run to work out what is going on. For all intents and purposes, an encrypted channel should be no different than a FTA one assuming the settings are right and aren't treated any differently.

Out of interest - you could switch to the 'legacy' player to see what results you get.

sigpark
04-01-15, 23:04
Excellent - can you try and change to legacy player now - lets hope this works after all this ;)

Hi Pembo,

With default or legacy player all bouquets and channels are downloaded

With the legacy player, when I select a channel to play I get a message "Service is unavailable due to network or service interference"; debug gives "Error [deviceapis error(19)]: NETWORK_ERR"

With the default player the screen is stuck on "buffering...please wait" and indebug "Error Player AVPlayer is null"; exiting with debug enabled causes the TV to restart!

Perhaps it is the "debug" mode, but although you can input the config and select B to save, each time you launch the app you have to re-input the config again.

Sorry the news is not better:confused:

pembo
04-01-15, 23:10
Hi Pembo,
With the legacy player, when i select a channel to play I get a message "Service is unavailable due to network or service interference"

Hmmm... bugger.

Doing some digging, this might be trying to report home to Samsung and errors as it's an old model, but I'm not sure.
Check menu-->settings--->network---> TURN OFF SWL (Samsung Wireless Link): OFF

And see if this makes any difference.

Perhaps it is the "debug" mode, but although you can input the config and select B to save, each time you launch the app you have to re-input the config again.

This is a feature of the debug build.

Be interested if anyone else has any different experiences?

---- updated

Could you also try with the debug window still on and see if you get anything useful.

sigpark
04-01-15, 23:23
Doing some digging, this might be trying to report home to Samsung and errors as it's an old model, but I'm not sure.
Check menu-->settings--->network---> TURN OFF SWL (Samsung Wireless Link): OFF

Have done so, no difference I am afraid.

---- updated

Could you also try with the debug window still on and see if you get anything useful.

gvsb
04-01-15, 23:46
I don't think it will help. There's definitely some issue outside of the app here, but I'm not sure what yet and need to add more debugging and/or give you a few tests to run to work out what is going on. For all intents and purposes, an encrypted channel should be no different than a FTA one assuming the settings are right and aren't treated any differently.

Out of interest - you could switch to the 'legacy' player to see what results you get.

As i mentioned before, on a pm i think, swapping to legacy is not possible on my TV im afraid.
After the initial setup it is impossible to change any setting on the menu that has a radio button (IP and port its ok i can change).
I can move to and highlight the radio button (blue circle) but i can not select it.
I can click save with the radio button highlighted but when i go back to it it has not saved the setting.
That has happened to me on both v4 and v5

Finally to make matters even weirder, on the advanced settings it is the legacy player that is selected.

pembo
04-01-15, 23:49
@sigpark
It's showing a network error but i'm unsure why. When I test the player state goes from 1 to 8 to 1, and it does play a channel even using the legacy player.

Just to confirm you've got the stream authentication option turned off?

pembo
04-01-15, 23:52
As i mentioned before, on a pm i think, swapping to legacy is not possible on my TV im afraid.
After the initial setup it is impossible to change any setting on the menu that has a radio button (IP and port its ok i can change).
I can move to and highlight the radio button (blue circle) but i can not select it.
I can click save with the radio button highlighted but when i go back to it it has not saved the setting.
That has happened to me on both v4 and v5

Finally to make matters even weirder, on the advanced settings it is the legacy player that is selected.

try the v5.1 debug build - this resets all settings on loading.
From a radio you have to press the 'enter' key to select, but there has been some weirdness with H series TVs and the enter key!

gvsb
04-01-15, 23:53
Thanks, will try tomorrow, wife is in the bedroom now and wants to sleep :(

sigpark
05-01-15, 01:08
@sigpark
It's showing a network error but i'm unsure why. When I test the player state goes from 1 to 8 to 1, and it does play a channel even using the legacy player.

Just to confirm you've got the stream authentication option turned off?

Yes - no authentication on vusolo2

I have changed the setting from stream to "transcode" port 8002 - and this works for channels in any bouquet.Poor picture because big screen, and stalls BUT seems to work

HOWEVER for recordings neither stream or transcode works - i.e. with recordings in stream or transcode I get network error.

My webif settings are default, AND please recall from earlier post that I have an F and H series working on default settings.

sigpark
05-01-15, 20:48
HOWEVER for recordings neither stream or transcode works - i.e. with recordings in stream or transcode I get network error.

I have installed the release version 5.1 on my 40D7000 and can save settings as expected. The zap setting works in reverse - set to yes DOES NOT ZAP and visa versa!

Existing the app causes my TV to crash about 50% of time I am afraid as I exit, either leaving the app using return, and the exit sub menu OR the exit button on the remote.

I confirm that TRANSCODING does in fact work on port 8002 :) using the legacy player
..however I get the network interference referred to here (http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7596_102-537255/service-is-unavailable-due-to-network-interference-samsung/) when I try to stream TV. Streaming or Transcoding recordings gives the same "network interference" error.

Hope this helps a little. If you ping me a link to the earlier version 4, I will test and report

sigpark
05-01-15, 21:41
I have also noted that if I prevent Internet access by disconnecting my DSL from my domestic router, but keeping my home network functioning on the LAN side, the Samsung TV confirms network function, but that Internet is not available!

In this scenario the e2stream app will not even open, and you get a message that "network interference has occurred - please tryagain later". This behaviour repeats until you restore and test the internet connection from the Samsung TV; only then will the e2stream app start and connect the the enigma box on the LAN! So, I don't know what is going at start-up, but the e2stream app will not start unless it can see the internet on my 40D7000!!

Hope this helps.

gvsb
05-01-15, 22:47
I have installed the latest debug version and I have got the same results on H series, legacy player is selected by default and the enter button does not work to select radio buttons in the menu. Enter does work on the initial setup menu but then stops working. I have tried all sorts of presses, long ones, short ones, not working. Tried a remote from an older samsung TV works to navigate but not to select again.
Could the legacy player be the reason encrypted channels don't work? Doubt it as I had the same behaviour on v4 that legacy was not there as an option.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

pembo
05-01-15, 22:49
I've not tried zapping with the legacy player, but in tests here, zap only functions when set to yes.

E2Stream doesn't use any external communication whatsoever, all only local to the IP specified on startup, so it must be something the TV is doing as the link you posted infers. Is this the behaviour on the D-Series TV only?

I'm wondering if streaming is a problem because of the codec - I've downloaded previous versions of the SDK so I'm going to step back and deploy in each of these to see how it behaves. I can only find codec information back to 2013, which I assume is the F series TVs,
I've got an E and and F series and the default player works on these (and the legacy player).

If I had a d-series I'd route through a proxy (e.g. tcptrace) or use wireshark to try and see whats going on.

pembo
05-01-15, 22:56
@gvsb - does the debug log show the legacy player is in use or the default player?
If you see the InfoBar and buffering as you start a stream, it's the default player.

Legacy is never enabled by default, and can't be - the code in the app is set to use default as a starting value

playerName : "Default",
playerList : ["Default","Legacy"],

So I'm really not sure what is going on with your TV.

Is there anyone else with a H-Series TV that sees this behaviour?

gvsb
05-01-15, 23:20
This is what I see when I go to advanced settings and I can't change it. It seems it is using the default to play streams though.

Should I reset the TV to factory settings and try again?
Should I return it and get a new one from another shop?
I am desperate to make your app work and it is very demoralising the fact that I seem to be the only one with these weird issues

My TV is ue32h5500 running latest software version 2130

sigpark
05-01-15, 23:25
I'm wondering if streaming is a problem because of the codec - I've downloaded previous versions of the SDK so I'm going to step back and deploy in each of these to see how it behaves. I can only find codec information back to 2013, which I assume is the F series TVs,
I've got an E and and F series and the default player works on these (and the legacy player).
Agree with years and model versions D is 2011, E is 2012, F is 2013 and H is 2014.

I am pretty sure that you have the Samsung developper SDK archive (http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/SdkArchive)

This table (http://www.samsungdforum.com/Devtools/Spec) does privide the SDK and streaming info

and the codecs that I belive are supported: Audio/Video Formats MP3, WMA, MPEG4, Xvid, DivX, MKV, JPEG from here (http://www.tv-manual.com/samsung/samsung-ue-40d7000-lcd.html)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but let me know any tests you want me to do. Kids watching TV's but will do the "no internet" test later for the F and H models, but all seems good with them, so not sure tha twill yield anything?

Is there a player app that you know of that I could install from the Apps Store that might help with codecs or default / legacy player for the D series?

Thanks again

sigpark
05-01-15, 23:31
This is what I see when I go to advanced settings and I can't change it. It seems it is using the default to play streams though.

Should I reset the TV to factory settings and try again?
Should I return it and get a new one from another shop?
I am desperate to make your app work and it is very demoralising the fact that I seem to be the only one with these weird issues

My TV is ue32h5500 running latest software version 2130

I hope I am not adding confusion, I am running v5.0 e2stream. I did note earlier on my H series that I could not change the "zap" or "channel number prefix" check-box options in support of what you are saying.

On the D series that I have posted about, I have noted that the zap option worked in reverse AND I also noted that the "channel numbering" option that I could select on the D series, made no ddifference i.e. the channel numbers did not display for a Channel like BBC i.e. I could never get "101 BBC" no matter the option that I checked.

pembo
05-01-15, 23:34
This must be the annoying enter problem on the H series that doesn't make sense.
Can someone with a H-series press tools on a screen and press enter to see what key code it reports.

In the meantime I've started changing to add the play button in addition to enter.

The number prefix is if you're using bouquets on the box with the number in them and want to strip them from the channel names.

gvsb
05-01-15, 23:40
On initial setup key pressed 29443
On the menu after initial setup nothing on normal press and key pressed 84 on long press

pembo
05-01-15, 23:46
guys - I'm going to build a newer debug build to try something with the enter key.
I'll get this uploaded shortly. If one of you can test this would be great.

@gvsb - this is showing the default player selected.

--- updated ---

Please try the debug build from here

Note - the non-debug version hasn't changed yet.

Can you try enter again - see if you get any keycode returned.
29443 is the enter key.
(84 is channel list key)