PDA

View Full Version : HDD not found

seame
27-10-14, 16:07
I've just swapped hdds between a ps3 and my gigablue quad. The hdd that was in my quad now works fine in the ps3 but the hdd that was in my ps3 won't work in my quad :confused: I've popped it back into the ps3 and its working there :confused: :confused: Is there any reason why this might be? Afaik the hdd is fat32

VixHD Apollo 64

Larry-G
27-10-14, 16:46
I've just swapped hdds between a ps3 and my gigablue quad. The hdd that was in my quad now works fine in the ps3 but the hdd that was in my ps3 won't work in my quad :confused: I've popped it back into the ps3 and its working there :confused: :confused: Is there any reason why this might be? Afaik the hdd is fat32

VixHD Apollo 64
Have you tried to initialize the HDD once installed into the receiver or better still format the HDD via a PC first then initialize in the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

seame
28-10-14, 22:05
The receiver couldn't find the hdd so I didn't have a chance to initialize it. I tried it in the pc but it didn't recognize it either so I popped it into my laptop and I was able to install windows on it, after that it worked in my quad :confused: Bit confused what the issue was but at least its working now :)

Larry-G
28-10-14, 22:07
well at least you got there in the end, and thank you for keeping us updated.