PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Spinning vix in corner

regy101
27-10-14, 15:33
Hi. I seem to a problem when I reboot my receiver. The vix sign in the corner will constantly spin. It seems ok after fresh instwll and then will start a few days later. I dont have any plugins and firsted started after installing BlueHD v3. I have tried with and with bluehd but after a few days it starts again and only was to stop it is a full reflash.

rossi2000
27-10-14, 15:34
try setup a swap file on a usb pen.

regy101
27-10-14, 15:55
Got swap file set up. Its strange as the softcam would not activate either.

bellejt
27-10-14, 16:35
use cccam 2.3.0.Old versions not working.

Larry-G
27-10-14, 16:38
use cccam 2.3.0.Old versions not working.
That's not a common issue associated with old versions of CCcam, all you would see with a old version would be the inability to record and watch premium channels simultaneously. which for a single tuner receiver like the solo would make no real difference any way.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

regy101
01-11-14, 09:43
Update - I completed fresh install to 064. Did not restore any settings or plugins. Left the receiver wihout any usb flash attached and I have oscam installed. No spinning logo but as soon as I mount a drive it starts to spin. I have tried two seperate flash drives and they both start the vix spinning. Could flash drives be the problem?

regy101
08-11-14, 15:01
I have noticed there is an updated bootloader for this receiver. Could that possibly fix the problem?

Larry-G
08-11-14, 15:09
The last updated bootloader for the Vu+ solo was well over a year ago and probably closer to two, if you are referring to the date on the file from www.openvix.co.uk thats just when it was uploaded to the new server not the date of the file it self. so if you have bought the solo any time in the last two years or so there will be no need for a bootloader update, in fact you would not be able to use any of the images released in the last two years if it was still using the older bootloader.

regy101
08-11-14, 15:15
I have had the receiver for 3 years and never updated the bootloader

Larry-G
08-11-14, 15:18
as I said the last bootloader update for this receiver was a long long time ago, yours would have been done either in the factory of by your supplier depending on how old the bootloader was when you purchased the receiver. If you did not have this bootloader you would not be able to use any newer image going back to at least ViX 1.2 or earlier.

bellejt
08-11-14, 15:40
why not try to update your bootloader ? Can do no harm to your box.First update bootloaders as you update img with usb stick.Then image and hopefully all will be fine.

PS : found on other website that telnet cat /proc/mtd will give something back.If at the last line numbers are equal it says that the bootloader is an old version.

abailey152
08-11-14, 22:47
I had a similar issue with my solo2 but with a standad copy of VIX, with nothing extra added.

I tried setting up a swap file, and tried it without. Every time, a short while (hours) after reboot, I got the spinning logo. And I noticed a slowdown of performance of the menu's and epg.

In the end, I left the swap file disabled, but also moved my epg from the USB stick to my internal HDD. If I run without a USB stick plugged in, it runs okay. If I run with the epg on the USB stick the problem returns. Not sure if the USB stick is falling over (I've tried 2 different sticks,different makes, different sizes) but I've also noticed they get quite warm when left in for a long period. Maybe this is the problem.

Either way, it seems to run okay with epg on the HDD and no stick plugged in. A USB stick still works for firmware upgrades, but I pull it afterwards.

stevieg81
09-11-14, 01:48
i have the same problem

TK4|2|1
09-11-14, 08:33
I had a similar issue with my solo2 but with a standad copy of VIX, with nothing extra added.

I tried setting up a swap file, and tried it without. Every time, a short while (hours) after reboot, I got the spinning logo. And I noticed a slowdown of performance of the menu's and epg.

In the end, I left the swap file disabled, but also moved my epg from the USB stick to my internal HDD. If I run without a USB stick plugged in, it runs okay. If I run with the epg on the USB stick the problem returns. Not sure if the USB stick is falling over (I've tried 2 different sticks,different makes, different sizes) but I've also noticed they get quite warm when left in for a long period. Maybe this is the problem.

Either way, it seems to run okay with epg on the HDD and no stick plugged in. A USB stick still works for firmware upgrades, but I pull it afterwards.

Your symptoms are what I also encounter on my Technomate 2T, but I've never reported it till now as I figured it was just me.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

Lothar2
09-11-14, 08:56
In the end, I left the swap file disabled, but also moved my epg from the USB stick to my internal HDD. If I run without a USB stick plugged in, it runs okay. If I run with the epg on the USB stick the problem returns.

You use autotimers + crossEPG or Rytec XMLTV? If yes, then i think it come from. in standard Autotimer search every 30min and set/change timers for 7 days. and if you have EPG with long description for many many channels, so autotimer will search often and for a long time. result is a hot usb-stick and spinning fix.
On my old DUO i have change to a highspeed 8Gb usbstick, set autotimer search every 3hours, only "in titel", only in my most used Bouquet and set/change timers only 3 days in future. Rytec XMLTV import only ones at day and only long description for 3 days. After i have do this the spinning VIX was gone.

abailey152
09-11-14, 19:57
I have CrossEPG set to update once a day at 4.00 AM via its own schedule in the settings, and that's it. The update only takes about a couple of minutes to complete, but perhaps the USB sticks are the issue. Neither one I used was particularly high quality.
But I don't seem to have a problem when using the HDD to hold the epg data so I think I'll keep it set up that way.
I haven't had any other issue to my knowledge running like this.

Your set up is a lot more complex than mine. I guess you have updates every 3 hours to cope with last minute programming changes by any channel? Or is there another reason for this?

nardeeno33
11-11-14, 13:30
I have a same problem on miraclebox box, tried everything, even no epg, now with no hdd it seems OK. Something must be triggering background action. Can't find what it is though.

Rob van der Does
11-11-14, 14:02
why not try to update your bootloader ? Can do no harm to your box.
Yes it can. If a bootloader update fails (for whatever what reason) the box is bricked.

regy101
14-11-14, 19:19
Update. I have left the receiver for a few days wish usb drive mounted as hdd. Converted to ext4 and time shift enabled. All was fine and rebooted on numerous occasions perfectly.

I then set up epg to usb. Downloaded XMLTV and changed long description to 1 day. Left receiver without reboot for 2 days and all well.

This morning I took the plunge and tried a reboot. Vix stsrted spinning as soon as the receiver rebooted. One other thing I have noticed is while vix is spinning I am unable to access webif so seems the cam does not start. It does not seem to generate a crash log so unable to upload.

Rob van der Does
14-11-14, 19:24
'Spinners' means E2 is 100% busy. In that case the WEB-IF is indeed not available.

PattoLFC
02-12-14, 14:45
Is there any solution to this yet?

Noticed this on my mums vu+ solo and my own since I updated to latest ViX.

Only thing I can think of is revert to an old image which didn't suffer from this issue.