PDA

View Full Version : EPG problems on Vu+ Duo version 3

jamesj64
27-10-14, 13:53
I have just had my box uploaded with the above version and am now at a loss as to how to download the EPG. I have tried all the normal methods using both CrossEPG and XMLTV but without success. When I attempt to download the screen goes blank and "starting downloader" appears in the right hand corner but nothing seems to happen. If I try it again it seems to start reading titles / summaries and loading data, but after the screen returns to Open Tv providers and I exit out I get a Tune failed message, check configuration settings. Its very frustrating as the EPG on the older version downloaded very easily. Any ideas please. Thanks

Larry-G
27-10-14, 15:03
What exactly do you mean by Vu+ Duo v3 ?.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jamesj64
27-10-14, 18:04
Apologies. Its only what appears on the Image Information page.
Kernel:3.1.1
Version :3

Larry-G
27-10-14, 18:08
I don't mean to be pedantic but there is no such thing as version 3. There was a ViX 3.0 which had 808 builds in its life time, but that image was mothballed almost exactly a year ago, so we can't provide fixes for it any more due to no longer having the GIT this image was built from. All I can really suggest is that you delete the EPG.dat file and re setup the EPG again.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

jamesj64
27-10-14, 19:09
Of course you are correct ..I just checked it is version 3.0 and build 204. So how do I get rid of it and start again please. I really am a basic user so apologise for my lack of technical know how

Larry-G
27-10-14, 19:12
Of course you are correct ..I just checked it is version 3.0 and build 204. So how do I get rid of it and start again please. I really am a basic user so apologise for my lack of technical know how

Wow that's a very old build approximately two years old. If you want to update to a new image you will have to start from scratch without restoring any backups etc.

You can find a flashing tutorial and the latest ViX images on our download site www.openvix.co.uk but make a full set of backups first (image backup in case you want to return to the image you are using now) and backup any important files you may need via a FTP session so you don't loose them.

jamesj64
27-10-14, 19:28
Thanks for your input .. it is appreciated .. I have no idea where to start with your suggestion and so will give up and buy the TV Times

Larry-G
27-10-14, 19:31
Thanks for your input .. it is appreciated .. I have no idea where to start with your suggestion and so will give up and buy the TV Times

No need to give up, I know it can sound daunting but if you give up you won't learn any thing. Take it one step at a time and ask as many questions as you need to. We are here to help so use us if you need to.