PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Tm twin update?

goosegog
26-10-14, 12:10
Hi ive a pal who is on build 23 i think and he is having issues with recordings,playback etc,can anyone confirm is it ok to sofa flash with remote with no back up or should i fresh usb flash with no back up,and doing this are recording,playback issues any better?
Thanks
Goosegog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billy2222
26-10-14, 12:32
Updating to Apollo 64 wont make any difference to the playback problems as the new drivers don't help with my TM nano,only Helios 17 works properly.

Have complained to TM several times over the past few months but nothing has been done to resolve the problem,maybe if more people do?

If you are still going to update a fresh flash will be required without restoring settings or plugins.

goosegog
26-10-14, 12:49
Ok thanks billy

gilvey
26-10-14, 13:37
I had record playback issues. Tm told me to turn the fan up to around. 2100. In standby mode too.
Still get occasional stutter solved by deep standby reboot

goosegog
26-10-14, 17:46
If there are still recording/playback issues i think it would be a good idea for the forum sponser to stop selling this crap untill tm fix it

Sicilian
27-10-14, 09:02
Ask your 'friend' to do a fresh flash and setup of latest ViX Build.

Directly after completing the startup wizard re-initialise the HDD.

Once setup enable logs and reboot.

If this issue happens again post the logs also stating which softcam (if any) is being used.

goosegog
27-10-14, 21:42
Thanks guys,
Looks like a long journey for one of us as my pal is scared shi**less to flash with usb incase he breaks it?,he lives miles away,i will give suggested ideas a go
Thanks

Ask your 'friend' to do a fresh flash and setup of latest ViX Build.???
I may be a bit paranoid and if so i apoligies in advance but was this a both helpful and satcastic post with the inverted commas?

ronand
27-10-14, 22:52
It always beats me why these friends cannot sign up on a forum and ask their own questions. you will be passing on info without seeing his receiver and you will have no idea what he is at either

abu baniaz
27-10-14, 23:04
Some people are not technical. Thankfully world is full of helpful people to assist.

goosegog
13-11-14, 20:51
hi all,
i managed to get my pals twin this morning,i updated the latest bootloader and fresh flashed with build 77 with no backups,i didnt do anything with hard drive ie:initialise and can confirm after plenty of short multiple recordings all seems great on playback.using cam 2.3.0
thank you:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
16-11-14, 10:15
Moved to this section.

Please read this thread HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33154-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section-coming-soon!)