PDA

View Full Version : Just installed latest version of openvix through usb now stuck on booting...

harsh111
25-10-14, 18:50
Hi, its basically as the title says - I updated the box through USB using the update folder in "openvix-3.0.482-tm2t_usb" and now its stuck on booting (no percentages come up, but the openvix splash screen does come up) Please help me!

I have tried the update twice now (using a brand new integral 4gb USB) and it says it has updated successfully, but it doesn't look like it! Could it be to do with the HDD installed in the box?

Andy_Hazza
25-10-14, 18:55
Hi, its basically as the title says - I updated the box through USB using the update folder in "openvix-3.0.482-tm2t_usb" and now its stuck on booting (no percentages come up, but the openvix splash screen does come up) Please help me!

I have tried the update twice now (using a brand new integral 4gb USB) and it says it has updated successfully, but it doesn't look like it! Could it be to do with the HDD installed in the box?

"openvix-3.0.482-tm2t_usb" < This is a very old build. Apollo 064 is the latest build.

abu baniaz
25-10-14, 18:58
You will need latest bootloader too

harsh111
25-10-14, 18:58
I'm a bit stupid! I went through the forum rather than openvix.com! Thanks I'll try it and get back to you

harsh111
25-10-14, 18:59
You will need latest bootloader too

Where do I get the latest bootloader from? and how do i install that?

EDIT: found the bootloaders.. what does it do?

Andy_Hazza
25-10-14, 19:04
Bootloader here > http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Technomate-Bootloaders/TM-2T/

Image here >http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=TM-2T/

Bootloader same as doing a flash, but only takes seconds, then flash receiver with latest Apollo, Build 64 in this case. :thumbsup:

harsh111
25-10-14, 19:13
Thanks so much guys! It's loading now! Hopefully it gets to 100% - always get scared when updating firmware!

Andy_Hazza
25-10-14, 19:15
Great stuff. Let us all know if all gone well buddy when completed etc.

harsh111
27-10-14, 22:22
Thank you so much for your help :) been using it for a couple of days now and all is well!

Jay867
29-10-14, 20:32
why when I download a new image it doesn't have the "boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 JFFS2 File" in the folder?

Larry-G
29-10-14, 20:49
Because it does not need it.

Jay867
29-10-14, 21:08
Because it does not need it.

I've only done 1 reflash and that was last year but I thought you had to make a folder on your usb and place these 3 files into it :
boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 JFFS2 File
kernel_cfe_auto Bin File
root_cfe_auto.jffs2 JFFS2 File

the reason I ask is that my box has frozen and is stuck on "Starting" on the front display so thought I would try to reflash it but not having much luck.

Larry-G
29-10-14, 21:12
It's more than likely that you have not updated the bootloader as well as the image.

go to www.openvix.co.uk and look in the bootloader folder for your receivers make and model.
Flash the bootloader first then the image second.

flashing the bootloader and image are identical processes, you can also find a full flashing tutorial for your receiver on openvix.co.uk