PDA

View Full Version : How to Flash Golden Interstar Xpeed LX1 and LX2

Sicilian
24-10-14, 15:36
Flashing the Receiver.

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-Apollo.064-xpeedlx_usb, you will see another folder named xpeedlx, this is your image file. Copy the entire xpeedlx folder directly to the USB stick
4. Fully power the receiver down via the rear rocker switch.
5. Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.
6. Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
7. Power the receiver on.
8. When the receiver powers up you will see the message “press arrow UP to upgrade” on the receivers display. Press the '+' button now on front panel.
9. During the flashing process you should see the message “upgrading” on the receivers, DO NOT power the receiver down during this process.
10. If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.

Sicilian
03-05-15, 09:19
Flashing guides attached.

blackbacks
18-08-15, 13:30
Thanks Guys- Useful info- But what I was asking was- is it possible to back up and restore the original "build" that came from the supplier- in the event that I need to return?

Thanks Again

Mr. Mister
18-08-15, 13:32
Why would you want to.. ?

Just flash with your choosen image..

john doe
18-08-15, 13:59
if you have backed up the image before flashing. stick with Vix and you cant go wrong

blackbacks
18-08-15, 15:23
Thanks Jon Doe- but how do i back up the image before flashing?

Andy_Hazza
18-08-15, 15:30
You don't need to backup anything. What part don't you understand. Just flash the image of your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbacks
18-08-15, 16:24
" What part don't you understand" Most off it!
the box is shipped with Linux E2 Y/N
When I flash with the image (openVix/ OpenATV) I will lose the Linux Build Y/N

Its this linux build I May want to go back to.

Andy_Hazza
18-08-15, 18:02
I highly doubt you would want to do that. ViX has made it so easy for guys like you, you couldn't cope with the default image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john doe
19-08-15, 16:54
once you go vix, theres no going back. its that good:thumbsup:

I suppose you can download the manufactures image from there site, if you are unhappy, but I doubt you'll go back to it after using vix