PDA

View Full Version : Nano 2t Problems

Beanz
23-10-14, 15:35
Hi all,

I bought a Nano 2t with 500gb hard disk off WOS in July for a friend of my dads and about a week ago he said it has become unresponsive as the spinner is just constantly in the corner and a simple button press can take 5 minutes for a response. I tried talking him through a few things but never got anywhere so the other day he dropped it back to me.
Typically it all seemed to run ok when i first booted it but over night a noise he'd mentioned had appeared and straight away i could tell it was the fan whirring fairly loud. I powered it down and made sure the blades etc were clean and rebooted but now i had the noise and the spinner going constantly. I can't the 2 are related as the fan is still going at a decent speed.
After several reboots after removing a wireless dongle and trying a few other things like making sure Timeshift wasn't enabled i have found that it runs perfectly normally (other than the fan) if i disconnect the HDD.
Any ideas what this could be ? Is it likely to be a hardware fault or more likely something in the image ?(odd that theres nothing really enabled that will access the drive but the box works fine without it)
Its currently on the OpenATV image.
Would i need to contact the WOS store to sort anything hardware wise out .. or even question about the fan?

Many thanks for any adivse.

Sicilian
23-10-14, 16:33
I'd re-flash, setup fresh and re-initilise the HDD. Regards the fan yes contact WoS, they can get a replacement fan sent to you.

Beanz
23-10-14, 16:46
I'd re-flash, setup fresh and re-initilise the HDD. Regards the fan yes contact WoS, they can get a replacement fan sent to you.

Ok thanks, will set some time aside in the morning when kids at school/nursery. I know the answers probably gonna be Vix, but, any recommendation on image for these ?

Thanks for the reply.