PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Enigma2 crashing, think caused by background software update check

Ojustaboo
21-10-14, 22:18
Hi guys guys.

At about 8:10 tonight my box crashed, didn't read what it said on the screen, was a softcrash just rebooted enigma not whole box.

Did it again about 6 mins later.

Then again about 6 mins later, Was busy doing other things, but saw something on the screen about software updates.

I tried to do a software update but it said one was already running in the background. After a couple of mins of it still saying a background scan was going, I went into "Software update settings" and set "Background check" to "no".

I rebooted box (completely, not just enigma) , tried to do a software update and it simply refused to do anything, was stuck on the "package list update, please wait" screen, not finding anything. I couldn't get out of the screen so in the end powered the box off and on.

Since I disabled background check, it's been 100% fine (wife been watching TV non stop since)

Crash logs and other logs attached.

judge
21-10-14, 22:30
Internet connection on the box working ok?

IOError: [Errno socket error] timed out
Shouldn't really cause a BSOD though.

Ojustaboo
22-10-14, 01:48
It first happened a few min after I ftpd a few mkv files from my PC to it, maybe something screwed up and got reset when I powered the box down and up, hence I could ftp the log files across.

Will try software update again in the morning

Ojustaboo
22-10-14, 12:09
Yep fine now.

Thanks