PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed Please On Receiver

scottmcmullan8
21-10-14, 21:05
Hi all,

I am new here and have registered as there are lots of opinions and views on all things satellite. I wanted to ask for some help in choosing another single tuner HD satellite receiver as I have been looking around for a week or so now without success. I currently have a clone dm800hd (OpenPLI image) and this has got me use to the way enigma2 works and i am pretty much comfortable with it in terms of bouquets, epg, picons and tv guide plugins etc. as well as FTP to the box and flashing firmware etc.

However i am now looking for another box and wanted to get something more genuine. I had been looking and pretty convinced i was going to get the VU+solo as their boxes always get good reviews. I was going to link up to record to NAS so wasnt bothered about the inability to mount hdd. However someone had suggested as the box was old i might be better looking at three other boxes and this has caused me to wonder if i am doing the right thing and ask for your help. The three other boxes mentioned to me are:

Technomate TM nano
Golden Interstar XSPEED LX2
Octagon SF8

So i ask for your opinions or if you like, what would you do ? Any of the three above or a Vu+ solo. All around similar price. Only other option to note is i believe the golden interstar has cable tuner also ? (may be wrong) and i also have cable connection in the house as well as sky dish.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sicilian
22-10-14, 06:04
Double post? Looks like you got replies here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41399-Advice-Please-Which-Receiver-Would-You-Buy&p=320114#post320114