PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get the box to flash

bees
21-10-14, 13:03
Hi,

I have been trying to upgrade my firmware from Apollo 30 to 37.This is what I have been doing.

Formatted a 2gb pen drive fat 32, downloaded Apollo 37 from the site, unzipped the file and put the "miraclebox" folder
onto the pen.

Put pen in rear USB port. Switch box on at rocker switch, get the message "press arrow UP to upgrade"

Press the "^" on top of the OK button on remote, but don't get the "upgrade" message, just then goes on to boot.

It seems like it's not getting the "^" command. Am I pressing the right button ?

The box is seeing the pen drive as it writes two folders to it when it has booted, "movies" and "timeshift"

I tried loading the boot loader first,power off after 10 secs and then load firmware, still the same, I guess it should be the correct one anyway as
Apollo 30 is quiet a few versions in front of 15

So, done the same using front USB connection, same old !!

Finally downloaded the firmware to the pen drive using VIX image manager, unzipped it on my computer and tried again to no avail

So, unless I keep overlooking something simple, I have ran out of ideas.

Also, tried three pen drives too !!

Any help would be appreciated.

ronand
21-10-14, 13:11
Dont press the button on the remote - press the UP button on the receiver itself

bees
21-10-14, 14:00
Ohhh !!! Thanks alot, I knew it would be something simple. Ha Ha Ha !!!
Will give it a go.

abu baniaz
21-10-14, 15:28
Latest image is 62.

bees
21-10-14, 17:31
Ahh, I see you are correct, I thought I seen a version called 62, but then
thought it must have been for the twin and not the mini, I followed this link here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Miraclebox-Mini/)
from the bootloader page.

All sorted now, so thanks for all the help.