PDA

View Full Version : [XP1000] Flash issues

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 11:15
Hi guys

I am really at my wits end being unable to flash the latest Vix image on my box an Octagon XP1000 Plus

I never used to get the problem but now it seems impossible for me to flash my box.

I have tried several USB sticks all formatted according to the installation guidelines here. I have downloaded and extracted the image several different times and believe I have followed procedure correctly.

Each time it seems the new image is not recognised when I follow the boot up process and the box defaults to the existing version and boots up as normal.

The box is working fine on build 037 with the Blue HD skin however several people have advised me that I must all ways have the latest image version installed.

One thing I have noticed is I use the software update function in the menu I am constantly told there is a background update check in progress and to try again in a few minutes. This is despite the background check being disabled.

I also have tried the blue button image manager option and then using the download function however I am only able to choose build 037 as the latest option.

All this has left me totally frustrated and not knowing what to do.

As I say the box appears to be working all ok but it is frustrating not being able to flash the box.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Sicilian
21-10-14, 11:18
Use a MAX 8GB Genuine Kingston USB stick.

Format it FAT32 using this HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

How to flash guide here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20Octagon%20XP1000%20PLU S.pdf

Larry-G
21-10-14, 11:21
I also have tried the blue button image manager option and then using the download function however I am only able to choose build 037 as the latest option.

You could download the image from www.openvix.co.uk, manually FTP it to the receiver then use the image manager to flash it, the ViX image manager also accepts images compressed in .zip format so no need to extract the image once downloaded.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 11:54
Use a MAX 8GB Genuine Kingston USB stick.

Format it FAT32 using this HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-HP-USB-Stick-Drive-Format-Tool

How to flash guide here http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides/&file=How%20to%20flash%20a%20Octagon%20XP1000%20PLU S.pdf

With respect done everything you say ( more than once) and results are the same.

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 11:59
You could download the image from www.openvix.co.uk, manually FTP it to the receiver then use the image manager to flash it, the ViX image manager also accepts images compressed in .zip format so no need to extract the image once downloaded.

Stupid question

Which directory/where should I FTP the image to.

Many thanks

Sicilian
21-10-14, 12:00
With respect done everything you say ( more than once) and results are the same.

So is the USB stick actually detected?

Please post and exact step by step of what is happening. Ifthe LED colour changing on Standby button? If are you press CH+ on the front panel of receiver?
This will not be a receiver issue it will either be an issue with the USB sticks your are using or incorrect folder structure on USB stick :trustme:

Larry-G
21-10-14, 12:02
FTP the image to /hdd/imagebackups/ then fire up the image manager and select the image you just placed on the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sicilian
21-10-14, 12:05
FTP the image to /hdd/imagebackups/ then fire up the image manager and select the image you just placed on the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If following this please ensure you a connected USB HDD or USB stick initialised be the receiver. Do not simply ftp it to the flash.

Larry-G
21-10-14, 12:07
If following this please ensure you a connected USB HDD or USB stick initialised be the receiver.

I would have thought that to be obvious to be honest.

Sicilian
21-10-14, 12:12
I would have thought that to be obvious to be honest.

Just dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's :)

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 12:52
Bingo!

All done and dusted and I now have a box that is how it should be.

Many thanks for your help

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 12:57
Thanks but I opted for the FTP the new image version and this worked without any problems.

Whats more I have checked and the box can now be flashed again via usb with no problems. For the record it works with both Kingston and OTHER usb.

That background update message has now gone and the software update option is working again.

I would presume that it was an image build issue but what the heck it is all sorted now.

Thanks

grahambenidorm
21-10-14, 12:59
All sorted now by the FTP method see my other post.

Thanks