PDA

View Full Version : Clock changes

adm
20-10-14, 21:00
As British Summer Time ends on 26th October and the clocks change how well does VIX/EPG cope with the change of an hour? Do users have to set wake up timers etc. to ensure that the box is fully on to cover the period immediately after the change?

Alec
20-10-14, 21:08
As British Summer Time ends on 26th October and the clocks change how well does VIX/EPG cope with the change of an hour? Do users have to set wake up timers etc. to ensure that the box is fully on to cover the period immediately after the change?

The box usually changes automatically, and the timers behave as normal, but I never stayed around for the exact change.

Larry-G
20-10-14, 21:11
I have never had to do any thing on my boxes over the years with the time changes. Although there are usually at least one or two users who have problems.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jukkal
20-10-14, 21:35
Last spring after the clock shift I had a week when every autotimer kicked in twice: once in the correct time and once an hour off (I think it was 1h after the actual showtime, but am not sure).
Also the EPG showed every program twice, which I believe was the reason for the funny behavior of the autotimers.
I guess the EPG data for 7 days was once received from the epg feed with wrong time information, and stayed there until those days were gone.

Rob van der Does
21-10-14, 02:08
I guess the EPG data for 7 days was once received from the epg feed with wrong time information, and stayed there until those days were gone.
That is not correct. All EPG-data is (or should be) in GMT. Depending on the timezone you have set in the time settings, hours are added/subtracted from that.
Most problems stem from the fact that not all data is correct at the source.

jukkal
21-10-14, 21:35
Most problems stem from the fact that not all data is correct at the source.
That's what I meant by guessing wrong time information received from the epg feed.

judge
21-10-14, 21:44
That's what I meant by guessing wrong time information received from the epg feed.
It doesn't guess. It uses the time it's told to use.

nsw9154
21-10-14, 21:50
I have only had my E2 Boxes since February but they Both changed without a problem at the summertime changeover and recorded my Moto GP at 6am

jukkal
22-10-14, 19:33

It doesn't guess. It uses the time it's told to use.
But *I* did! Sigh.. never thought It'd be this hard to make myself understood..