PDA

View Full Version : how to mount

mark_hopley
26-11-10, 22:00
I would like to set up a mount on my dm800 to record to my vu+ duo. What settings should i use? I tried the following but said no directory found

ip 192.168.2.91
harddisk
dir media/hdd/movie
user root
password

Ojustaboo
27-11-10, 15:48
Not got a clue to be honest.

But, in case it helps, one thing that can happen is that with no root password, things fail to connect.

The telnet program I use on my PC wont connect to my VU box when I first flash it as there's no root password. As soon as I set one up it works fine.

silverfox0786
27-11-10, 15:50
here is a thread her streaming from vu to vu i think quick serch should find it im guessing settings are same ish although it a thread for solo to duo

linux geek
28-11-10, 21:42
have you tryed a different image ?

I had the same problem trying to do this on my tm9100 using the UR image went to the EDG4.4 and all was good

mark_hopley
29-11-10, 00:06
have you tryed a different image ?

I had the same problem trying to do this on my tm9100 using the UR image went to the EDG4.4 and all was good

do you mean on the vu duo? I dont wanna change image on that. I had done it on a dm500 previously some time back when I was using the dream elite image and i had it in settings as harddisk but I am now using vix 1.2 image and it does not seem to work.

Sicilian
29-11-10, 15:07
I think the partnerbox plugin will do what you want Mark.

mark_hopley
29-11-10, 19:01
Many thanks Sic. I have downloaded this plugin to my Duo. How does it work and how should I set it up m8? I have added my dm800 in the partnerbox entries but not sure what next.

pooface
29-11-10, 19:11
Feeling a bit confused reading this thread... Must be tired form day at work, lol...

Anyway, are you saying you want to record on the hdd in the vu duo by using the dm800?

In the next version of the vix image, we have the nfs server installed to the image as default ;) This shares the hdd on the vu duo to your network by default as an nfs share. Then, I can use my vu+ solo to read the recordings on my duo hdd by having the drive mount in the fstab file using the line:

192.168.0.125:/media/hdd /media/hdd nfs rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=14,intr 0 0

Only drawback is, that when you restart the duo, it looses the nfs connection, so after a restart, a mount -a command needs to be issued to remount it.

Not sure if this answers your questions (for when the next vix image is released :p)

Also, to check it works, I've set a recording from the vu+ solo, and am currently watching the recording on my duo atm ;)

mark_hopley
29-11-10, 19:29
thanks for the reply m8. So are you saying it is not currently possible to do it on the vix 1.2? but will be on 1.3?