PDA

View Full Version : Internet keeps disconnecting

stav81244
20-10-14, 17:44
Hi

My TM Twin Internet on the receiver via home plugs is constantly intermittent every 5-10 mins. I'm on image 41 and whatever image no I'm on it keeps happening. I've tried it wireless and the same. Is there a problem on Vix images with wireless? Is there certain drivers needed to be installed?

Any help is much appreciated

abu baniaz
20-10-14, 22:40
Image wont know you are using home plugs. As far as it is concerned it is a normal wired connection.

You can test receiver hard wired to rule out an internal fault. You can test homeplugs with another device to rule out a fault on them.

cactikid
20-10-14, 23:28
are you on vm broadband as plenty of issues/updating going on and things going off.is your homeplug inserted into a twin 13amp socket with a fixture plugged into other socket as that drops your signal.

duoduo
21-10-14, 07:55
What issues are you referring to on VM? I'm on VM and can honestly say I have had no issues..

stav81244
21-10-14, 09:48
are you on vm broadband as plenty of issues/updating going on and things going off.is your homeplug inserted into a twin 13amp socket with a fixture plugged into other socket as that drops your signal.

No I'm with sky fibre. My homeplugs are plug into the mains plugs as normal.

mistertv77
23-12-14, 00:06
Dealing with this issue is relatively easy using a laptop.
I assume you're having problems with 'experimental testing'

What is your setup?
Router<>HomePlug
STB<>HomePlug
?

stav81244
23-12-14, 09:35
Dealing with this issue is relatively easy using a laptop.
I assume you're having problems with 'experimental testing'

What is your setup?
Router<>HomePlug
STB<>HomePlug
?

Yes router to HomePlug > receiver to HomePlug.

What's need to be done in settings?

mistertv77
23-12-14, 19:24
Plug your laptop into homeplug instead of box. Disable wifi
Start>Run>cmd
Ping 8.8.8.8 -t
Watch for ten mins to see if packets are dropped

Sent from a telephonic contraption