PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Upgrading to a Solo 2 - dos and donts

bartjunited
20-10-14, 15:22
I have a solo at the moment and am about to upgrade to a solo 2.

- Are there any must dos to get the best out of it e. G save picons and epg to usb flash drive.

- Can I export and import my settings such as cam, crossepg, plug ins etc from one to the other or is it best to just set everything up from scratch?

- can i use my existing 2.5hdd immediately with the Solo 2 as I have lots of tv programmes already recorded on this and would not want to have to reformat it (its currently ext 4 as required)

any other helps or tips would be appreciated

many thanks

Bart

Rob van der Does
20-10-14, 17:01
- EPG: No need
- Picons can be copied
- Best set up everything from scratch. Unless you're an expert, but in that case you wouldn't have asked the question. But softcam configs can most probably be re-used.
- HDD can be used without any limitation and without formatting

bartjunited
20-10-14, 18:32
Should I keep the picons and epg on the usb flash that I use at the moment with the solo.

Can the solo 2 take 2 hdds one internal and 1 external

judge
20-10-14, 18:35
Should I keep the picons and epg on the usb flash that I use at the moment with the solo.

Can the solo 2 take 2 hdds one internal and 1 external

Plenty of room on the Solo2 for picons on the flash.
As for EPG, as you'll be fitting an internal HDD, keep it on there.
Yes, 2 or more HDDs can be used.

bartjunited
20-10-14, 18:37
I plan to use the current hdd that I have with my solo for now and just fit this internally. I have a lot of stuff recorded on this so am thinking I might install a different hdd internally later and then just use this one externally almost as storage