PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo2 Start Up Channel

John57
20-10-14, 11:19
Good Morning Pheonix

I wonder if you could help/give advice on a simple issue that I have with my VU+Solo2 running VIX build 32
Each time I switch my box on the indicated channel that pops up is always the same even though its never the last channel that I watched, is there a way to clear this and to show the last channel viewed, ie, last channel that I watched was BBC1 switch off then power back on is it possible to remember BBC1?

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated

Regards
John

Andy_Hazza
20-10-14, 12:34
32 is quite an old build, I would personally upgrade to the latest which is 62. I have a Vu+ Solo2 and don't have such an issue.

John57
20-10-14, 12:51
Andy

Thank you for your reply, if I was to upgrade to the latest update, ie 62 can this be done via the auto software update within the VX Menu?

Regards
john

Andy_Hazza
20-10-14, 12:54
I would blue button, Vix and do a backup first then I would use the image downloader to download 62 and restore there. Only a 5-10 minute job. :thumbsup:

Trial
20-10-14, 13:06
Hi,
open channel list, go to the channel that is opened always when you boot the box, press menu and then something like "do not use as startup service".

ciao

John57
20-10-14, 13:52
Thanks to both Andy and Trial for your valued feedback it is as always really appreciated

Regards
John

John57
20-10-14, 14:25
Hi Trial

I followed your instructions and sorry to say it did not help me further.
I was on the tv service that is always visible when I boot my VU+Solo2 and hit menu, I did not locate any such command "do not use as startup service" do you have any other suggestion

Many thanks
John.

DaMacFunkin
20-10-14, 14:52
He means open the bouquet list ( arrow down) highlight the channel then press menu.

John57
20-10-14, 14:55
Thank you DaMacFunkin, will of course give that a try

Regards
John

John57
20-10-14, 15:00
Thanks to all who helped I finally got it sorted thanks to positive feedback from all, such a great forum, thanks Andy, Trial & DaMacFunkin managed to get my brain into gear and was able to sort it.

Regards
john

Trial
20-10-14, 15:04
Hi,
other method go to BBC 1 HD in channel list, menu, select "use as startup service", shutdown the box, start the box, open channel list, go to BBC1 HD, menu, "do not use at startup service". Something similar should be there.

I always use a startup service so I do not know if there is a separate option to store last seen service.

ciao

John57
20-10-14, 15:15
This is exactly what I did, I first went to the offending channel that always used to open followed the instructions give and then proceeded to BBC1 HD and reselected the start up service "use as startup service" for BBC 1 HD - perfect.

I just wish I had enough confidence now to upgrade from my current 32 version to the latest update that is available, I cannot download the software that is provided on this site as I am using mac computers so a little reluctant to do what you all call a couch update as I fear I might do something completely wrong or lose some of the features that are installed, confidence in the issue.

Regards
John.

sataday
24-10-14, 11:51
Is this "set as start up service" supposed to work switching on from "standby", or just from "deep standby"?, as it dosen't seem to work for me from "standby"

John57
24-10-14, 16:48
I switch my unit off every night and when I power on in the morning it now defaults to BBC1HD as I selected as my preferred start up channel
Hope this helps

Regards
John

Trial
24-10-14, 17:57
Hi,
only from deep standby. When you exit from standby last channel is taken.

ciao