PDA

View Full Version : best image for media playback ?

jjp2701
26-11-10, 21:28
i have dreamelite blackhole, but everytime i try to play media and find it it just freezes my box, anyone any good ideas which image plays anything without it freezing, it has done my head in

Ojustaboo
26-11-10, 22:30
Personally I find Vix the best for MKV files etc.

It's the only one I've tried hat you can use the pause button etc and the sound restarts straight away when you unpause etc.

None of them are any good for AVI files in my opinion (depending on what the avi file is, but in most cases) which is down to driver issues hence all images are affected.

It's one of the main things that keeps me using Vix (or to put it another way, it stops me trying out any other image for any length of time). Two days ago I went through all the other main images, BH, PLi, VTi, original etc to see how they had improved.

One of them had improved to the point the ff and rw buttons now correctly worked (cant remember which one), but pressing the button next to the epg one, the one that brings up your recorded programs, did so in an appalling way. All images were the same, none of them would let me see my sub directories by using this method. Probably could have messed around with plugins to get a better file browser, but went back to Vix. With Vix, all my sub directories are there and while not perfect, the pause ff/rw is 100 times better than any of the competition.

I actually thought the competition authors would have tried Vix, seen how good it is in this area and try to improve theirs, but so far this doesn't appear to be the case.