PDA

View Full Version : Solo 2 compared to Solo

gataboy1
20-10-14, 09:06
I have a Solo 2 with Vix Image as my main box and would now like get another Vu for box for my kitchen. The funds wont stretch to another Solo 2, but will to a Solo. Is the setup and operation of the Solo 2 and Solo the same..?.. (apart form having 2 tuners)

duoduo
20-10-14, 09:34
Yes mate exactly the same, apart from the obvious tuners, speed etc the setup is no different for vu range.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-14, 09:52
I would personally go for the Vu+ Solo SE as the original Solo is old and lacks memory etc.

Sicilian
20-10-14, 09:57
Or the Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super, twin tuner and same CPU as Solo2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Technomate-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-2-Super-Enigma-2-Linux-HD-PVR-Twin-Tuner-Satellite-Receiver

gataboy1
20-10-14, 10:06
Sicilian, is the setup and operation on Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super the same as the Solo...?

Sicilian
20-10-14, 10:10
Sicilian, is the setup and operation on Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super the same as the Solo...?

Yes if you're using ViX image.

Blu-ray
20-10-14, 10:28
Hi Sicilian, Have noticed you have the New Mut@nt HD 2400, what is it like compared to say the VU+Duo-2 & GI-Xpeed LX3.

Stanman
20-10-14, 10:41
Supposed to be very good and better then the DUO2 but I dont have one and only going off feedback from team member.

Aestatically not as pleasing as the DUO2 but then its a lot cheaper and has XBMC to boot

Sicilian
20-10-14, 10:49
Hi Sicilian, Have noticed you have the New Mut@nt HD 2400, what is it like compared to say the VU+Duo-2 & GI-Xpeed LX3.

One word 'awesome', very fast. Atm not been able to fault is.

Andy_Hazza
20-10-14, 12:58
Technomate and other makes of satellite models will never beat Vu+ for the build quality etc. XPEED LX3 does look nice but in comparison to the Duo2, it just doesn't have the same quality In my opinion.

gataboy1
20-10-14, 14:05
Hi Andy, gone for the Vu+ Solo SE, Have to agree ive very impressed with the build quality on the Solo 2. Order placed with wos..!

Andy_Hazza
21-10-14, 12:19
Good lad! Let me know what it's like! :thumbsup:

gataboy1
27-10-14, 15:45
Been waiting a week for the VU Solo Se but seems wos have stock problems...:(

They have offered this to me.. Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR

Took me weeks of late nights and near divorce to set up the vu (with vix) but fairly comfortable with it now.

If i go for the TM will I need a lawyer or should I wait for the vu..?

Larry-G
27-10-14, 16:35
It's exactly the same process of setting the ViX image up on all receivers we support so you won't have any issues if you are familiar with ViX already.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gataboy1
27-10-14, 16:50
the $64k question is it better or as good as the Vu SE..?

Larry-G
27-10-14, 17:01
the $64k question is it better or as good as the Vu SE..?
Better in that it's based on the solo 2 and has more tuner options than the solo se and solo2 although drivers can be a issue from time to time but that's the same on all receivers including the Vu+ models. Worse in that it does not have the same range of image support from the likes of BH but that's not a reason to not get one in my opinion.

bellejt
27-10-14, 17:02
I see the solo 2 is on discount now.

billy2222
27-10-14, 18:18
Better in that it's based on the solo 2 and has more tuner options than the solo se and solo2 although drivers can be a issue from time to time but that's the same on all receivers including the Vu+ models. Worse in that it does not have the same range of image support from the likes of BH but that's not a reason to not get one in my opinion.

Don't underestimate the Technomate driver issues especially if you are using it to record/playback,still on Helios here because TM can't get it right,I have never tried VU boxes but that will be my next purchase.

Sicilian
27-10-14, 18:19
Don't underestimate the Technomate driver issues especially if you are using it to record/playback,still on Helios here because TM can't get it right,I have never tried VU boxes but that will be my next purchase.

I've had no issues with the new generation TM-Nano 2 Super and the TM-Nano-3T.

Larry-G
27-10-14, 18:21

I never underestimate TM when it comes to drivers, I just don't let it get me stressed any more, I have had my fair share of arguments with TM and others about their drivers. But as I said no manufacturer is immune to driver issues not even Vu+ who have a list of known driver issues going back to the duo some four years ago.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

billy2222
27-10-14, 18:23
I've had no issues with the new generation TM-Nano 2 Super and the TM-Nano-3T.

Even worse Technomate are only interested in supporting their " new generation " boxes,does not bode well as a long term proposition.

Larry-G
27-10-14, 18:25
Even worse Technomate are only interested in supporting their " new generation " boxes,does not bode well as a long term proposition.

And how exactly did you come to that conclusion ?. They still provide support for their older receivers, as do Vu+ who have since ceased producing many of their older receivers.

Sicilian
27-10-14, 18:29

Thats noncence, I know for fact they are working on reported issues within the next couple of weeks for both 7335 and 7356 models.

billy2222
27-10-14, 18:30
And how exactly did you come to that conclusion ?. They still provide support for their older receivers, as do Vu+ who have since ceased producing many of their older receivers.

Support? lol yeah poor support,It has just been said no issues with new generation Technomates,kinda gives the game away.

Sicilian
27-10-14, 18:33
Support? lol yeah poor support,It has just been said no issues with new generation Technomates,kinda gives the game away.

Its was meant as in recording issues. Both generations are being supported, there was even a driver update for 7335 models on 10/10/2014!

bellejt
27-10-14, 18:34
I have the brother from TM : edision OS1 and I am on apollo 24 for that box.Working pretty good as a second remote box trough ethernet cable.

Larry-G
27-10-14, 18:35

Look pal I'm not in the mood to dance around with you, yes TM have their issues with drivers as do ALL other manufacturers, no one here will deny that certainly not me.

That said I still rate my Nano2 super as good if not better than my Vu+ solo2. But If you are here for no other reason than to sound off then go else where, I'm sure you can find another forum full of dregs who will happily sit and slate any receiver or image you wish but you won't be doing it here.

gataboy1
27-10-14, 20:27
Oh dear what did I start here ! For the record I have decided to wait until the vu se comes back in stock.

I am working from a very low level with these box's . . Until last month I was using a Humax HB1000s . ! So some of the technical stuff is way above me.

The other reason is my wife has just got used to remote for the vu solo 2 and don't want to confuse her too much.

Thank you phoenix and the boss !

Larry-G
27-10-14, 20:34
Oh dear what did I start here !

Dont worry about it, we always get one person who jumps into another users thread sprouting off, instead of starting their own. you will be happy enough with the Vu+ if thats the receiver you want to wait for, and if you do need any further help dont be put off from starting threads here by people with alternate agendas.

billy2222
27-10-14, 20:46
Dont worry about it, we always get one person who jumps into another users thread sprouting off, instead of starting their own. you will be happy enough with the Vu+ if thats the receiver you want to wait for, and if you do need any further help dont be put off from starting threads here by people with alternate agendas.

Look pal I have started numerous threads Pal,was just stating pal steer clear of TM pal and stick with VU if you have no issues with it. ok pal

jacquesy90
27-10-14, 20:49
Sound pal.

billy2222
27-10-14, 21:18
Nae bother pal :cool: