PDA

View Full Version : Edit Channel lists

wolfg
17-10-14, 15:42
Help would be welcomed on the following.

I'm using VIX and am having great problems with ABM and editing the channel lists such as copy channel from one bouquet to another and easily removing a number of channels etc. Is there a piece of software such as there was with the old DM to do this or is there an easy way of doing it on the tuner apart from single channel at a time.
This way I can get around the ABM not crashing my box. Before anyone says anything I've tried all the tips in the ABM section but to no avail. I don't find this image very user friendly???

Thanks in advance folks

WG

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 15:46
Use dreamboxedit to edit your bouquets.

wolfg
17-10-14, 15:52
Thanks
I've tried that but I keep getting errors , Var\tuxbox\ not found etc

wolfg
17-10-14, 15:54
So were are the bouquet files find in VIX so maybe I can edit the search path.

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 16:15
Thanks
I've tried that but I keep getting errors , Var\tuxbox\ not found etc
Clicking on Enigma2 will load the correct settings for you.

Peterj
17-10-14, 16:18
Try not to change bouquets made by ABM or swap channels between different ABM bouquets.
ABM is not made for that.
In the latest image you can change the ABM main bouquet using a custom lcn file, however no swapping channels between different ABM bouquets.
For creating 'normal' bouquets use DreamboxEdit.

wolfg
17-10-14, 17:25
Thanks for that, I downloaded the latest version of Dreamboxedit, certainly helps, but with regards to ABM never been able to get that to work always crashes the box hence the need to manually edit the channel list.
Certainly better than changing one at a time.
If you have any guidance "apart from what's on other posts" ABM would appreciate it.

Cheers chaps.

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 17:31
ABM does not crash otherwise under normal circumstances. If it was, we would be inundated with threads about it. You may be editing files and this causes you problems. If you don't want to use the bouquets ABM creates, dont use it or don't create the section/bouquets.

Do a normal scan and make your own bouquets using DBedit.

DaMacFunkin
17-10-14, 17:45
Alternatively download a channel list and edit it to your needs., there are a few for 28.2.

wolfg
17-10-14, 18:33
Believe me I did try to use ABM but it kept crashing. I was not doing anything and tried all suggestions but still the same. I am however only at the moment using cable and Virgin provider.
This is why I'm doing it this way it does seem easier.
But thanks for your suggestions.
WG

Peterj
17-10-14, 18:35
Believe me I did try to use ABM but it kept crashing. I was not doing anything and tried all suggestions but still the same.WG

Can you post the crash logfile? (/home/root/logs/)

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 18:38
Also post screenshots of the setting pages for ABM so we can follow the setup.

Thanks in advance

wolfg
18-10-14, 13:55
OK
So I will download send crash logs etc, but in the meantime I have edited my Cable bouquet etc having first downloaded using Dreamboxedit. Copied files from the cable box then did the edit. However I now seem unable to upload the edited files. Keep getting a german message I'm assuming saying upload canceled. The error text says "cannot copy lamedb" Were I'm I going wrong I'm sure back in the day when I used a DM I never had these problems. Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure I'm missing out on a simple step??

wolfg
18-10-14, 14:20
Here is the crash log.It means nothing to me??

WG

File attached

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 14:35
Do you have any premade bouquets on your receiver (even in an edited form)? Can you upload them please.

wolfg
18-10-14, 15:09
Only the ones built in to the image mainly sat etc with lots of streams. The only one that I created was the last upload and thats fine but it's the one I want to edit

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 15:15
ABM is failing while processing the lamedb file. Please upload your bouquets

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/main.py", line 394, in doBuildIndex
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/manager.py", line 87, in save
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner/bouquetswriter.py", line 106, in writeLamedb
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 691, in write
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 351, in write
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 12: invalid start byte
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method AutoBouquetsMaker.doBuildIndex of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner.m ain.AutoBouquetsMaker'>>,()) failed)
]=]=>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>

Peterj
18-10-14, 15:25
Here is the crash log.It means nothing to me??
WG
File attached
I see your problem. It is reported 1 time before by our team member Rob vd D.
Somehow there is a invalid character in your lamedb, Probably the 'degrees' sign (19E...)

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 12: invalid start byte
If you post your lamedb, we can correct it.
You cannot write back the lamedb when E2 (enigma) is active.
Use telnet to stop E2 with command init 4, copy lamedb back and start E2 with command init 3.

wolfg
18-10-14, 16:51
Thanks for all your help, I've attached the file, would this be the reason why I can't use dreamboxedit to upload the edited files, the half german error message did mention the lamedb. Have had to create a winzip file as the option reported am incorrect file.

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 17:05
Thats only cable channels on there. We need the one that is giving you grief.

If you want to start afresh, you can remove all channel details from your receiver and run ABM succesfully by telnetting the following command:

init 4 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/*.radio && init 3

Peterj
18-10-14, 17:17
Thanks for all your help, I've attached the file, would this be the reason why I can't use dreamboxedit to upload the edited files, the half german error message did mention the lamedb. Have had to create a winzip file as the option reported am incorrect file.

I also didn't find any problems in that lamedb. Ran it on my own box with ABM, no problem.

wolfg
18-10-14, 17:19
I'm only using cable atm have the sat stuff on another box running blackhole. It is in fact the one that is causing me all the problems when I try and run a cable abm on one service provider. If I do just a standard scan all channels are listed but are all mixed up, headache when you want to select a channel , hence the need to use abm on cable. Will just using cable cause problems

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 17:21
I'm only using cable atm have the sat stuff on another box running blackhole. It is in fact the one that is causing me all the problems when I try and run a cable abm on one service provider. If I do just a standard scan all channels are listed but are all mixed up, headache when you want to select a channel , hence the need to use abm on cable. Will just using cable cause problems

Solution is in post 20.

Peterj
18-10-14, 17:27
Copy bouquetswriter.py to:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/scanner
save (just in case) bouquetswriter.pyo
restart your GUI (E2)
run ABM again.
When it crashes look in /tmp and post the 2 service.... log files.

wolfg
18-10-14, 17:36
Well thanks to one and all for all your valuble help, I'll try the solution on post 20 and see if that sorts it out.

Cheers :)

abu baniaz
18-10-14, 17:41
If you can upload the "faulty" lamedb, it would be appreciated.

Joe_90
18-10-14, 17:56
Post #19, abu

timofee
18-10-14, 19:52
If you are working with cable channels you need the latest version of Dreamboxedit - v6.0 or later.

If you are already using Dreamboxedit v6.0+ ignore this post.