PDA

View Full Version : Second Tuner

coolbird
17-10-14, 09:54
HI

I have a VU+ Duo flashed with the latest openvix (054)been on the satellite scene since the days of d2mac but new to the linux boxes.

Just a couple of questions.

I am presently only using 1 tuner do I leave the second tuner unconfigured or should I set it to loopthrough.

How do you install a boot logo, I know you can download in plugins but at a loss on how you install one.

Can you download bouquets, if so where from.

Managed to flash the VU+, install CCcam (and it works lol) and focus all my sats just need a little help :cool:

Many thanks

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 11:17
Might be an idea to read teh Vix manual and tehn ask questions later.

Internal loopthrough will provide more options. You should really be looking at getting a second cable though.

coolbird
17-10-14, 13:09
Might be an idea to read teh Vix manual and tehn ask questions later.

Internal loopthrough will provide more options. You should really be looking at getting a second cable though.

Thanks for the reply on loopthrough but to answer your remark as far as loopthrough goes there is no advice on what is the best option.

I have read the manual and many of the threads but in my defence, there is so much information on here have you any idea how hard it is to assimilate the information from vix, VU+, VU+ Duo etc. Its one thing to gather the info gradually over time but anybody just taking this up its rather daunting.

Brilliant website by the way.

abu baniaz
17-10-14, 13:16
In terms of the tuner config

Best: Two cables.
Midway: Loop thorugh to tuner with cable
Simplest: Not configured/disabled

No need to defend yourself, no-one is attacking you. Yes it is a steep learning curve. Helps if you read and ask what you are not sure of. Best not to ask multiple questions in one thread too. Heps others who want to search.

Have a look at the new box setup guide by JoshG too.

DaMacFunkin
17-10-14, 13:17
As Abu says set as loop thu on spare tuner, this way you will get at least some use out of it but you really should get a second feed installed, the chances of you wanting to watch a channel that is in the same lnb quadrant as a channel you are recording is a bit of a long shot.

coolbird
17-10-14, 13:36
As Abu says set as loop thu on spare tuner, this way you will get at least some use out of it but you really should get a second feed installed, the chances of you wanting to watch a channel that is in the same lnb quadrant as a channel you are recording is a bit of a long shot.

Thanks for the replies.

A second feed will mean me installing a dual output lnb or a second fixed dish, I intend on replacing the lnb but I've only just got the Duo and didn't want to wait :-)

Thanks again