PDA

View Full Version : Vix 1.2 Device Manager / Mountpoints crashing.

Channel Master
26-11-10, 18:02
I am using Vix 1.2 with the current online updates installed.

Pressing the red button (for Mountpoints) in Device Manager makes my Vu+ Duo crash. I have attached the crashlogs - does anyone know what the cause of the crash is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sicilian
26-11-10, 18:11
Have you run software update? Blue button > Software Management > Software update?

Channel Master
26-11-10, 19:03
Yes, I have. Its up to date.

Can you tell from the crashlog what is causing it to crash?

Channel Master
27-11-10, 12:26
I have removed the USB Stick and now Mountpoints does work for the HDD, so it was the USB Stick that causes the crash.

Any ideas why the USB stick is causing the crash? I have a 64MB Swap File setup on and activated on it. Can you run me through the procedure for formatting the USB stick and mounting it - I'm sure I have done it correctly but would like to be sure. Many thanks for any help on this.

andyblac
27-11-10, 14:39
I have removed the USB Stick and now Mountpoints does work for the HDD, so it was the USB Stick that causes the crash.

Any ideas why the USB stick is causing the crash? I have a 64MB Swap File setup on and activated on it. Can you run me through the procedure for formatting the USB stick and mounting it - I'm sure I have done it correctly but would like to be sure. Many thanks for any help on this.

the format will only work if you have NO active files on the device, post your crash log and i'll take a look

Channel Master
27-11-10, 16:48
the format will only work if you have NO active files on the device, post your crash log and i'll take a look

Hi andyblac, thanks for the reply. The crasholgs are attached in Post #1 above.

andyblac
27-11-10, 17:25
Hi andyblac, thanks for the reply. The crasholgs are attached in Post #1 above.

can you take a screen shot of your Device Managers first screen, is there a device listed ?, or is it empty, i would have a guess it empty. so press red, it expect the to be a device there.

Channel Master
27-11-10, 18:30
I have attached a picture of the Device Manager first screen. As you can see I have a 1TB internal HDD installed and working (mounted as /media/hdd) and a 2GB USB Stick. There are 4 USB's listed as /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2, /dev/sdb3 and /dev/sdb4, even though I only have one USB Stick connected. All USB's are showing as 'NOT MAPPED'. I cannot select any options for either the HDD or USB. Pressing the left or right button just moves to the next USB item.

Pressing the red button for Mountpoints causes a green screen (crashlog is in Post #1 above).

If I remove the USB Stick then I can press the red button for Mounpoints and it does not crash.

andyblac
28-11-10, 03:37
I have attached a picture of the Device Manager first screen. As you can see I have a 1TB internal HDD installed and working (mounted as /media/hdd) and a 2GB USB Stick. There are 4 USB's listed as /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2, /dev/sdb3 and /dev/sdb4, even though I only have one USB Stick connected. All USB's are showing as 'NOT MAPPED'. I cannot select any options for either the HDD or USB. Pressing the left or right button just moves to the next USB item.

Pressing the red button for Mountpoints causes a green screen (crashlog is in Post #1 above).

If I remove the USB Stick then I can press the red button for Mounpoints and it does not crash.

you will need to REPARTITION the device first, to remove all the 'UNKOWN' partition types, and this will format it ext3.

** JUST MAKE SURE YOU HIGHLIGHT THE USB STICK, BEFORE PRESSING YELLOW ***

Channel Master
28-11-10, 12:40
Thanks andyblac, that has helped. I have repartitioned the USB Stick as your instructions and In Device Manager it appears as
Device: /dev/sdb1
Mount: NOT MAPPED
Type: Linux

I pressed the red button for Mountpoints, selected the USB Flash Disk, pressed left/right buttons to change it to /media/usb, then pressed the green button to save changes. The prompt to restart the box appears, pressed ok but after the restart the USB Flash Disk is still showing as /dev/sdb1 and NOT MAPPED.

Any ideas why the changes are not being saved?

Channel Master
28-11-10, 15:41
UPDATE: I have tried a different USB Stick and now it is working fine. :)

Device Manager shows:-
USB: Nano
Size: 1.030 GB
Device: /dev/sdb1
Mount: media/usb
Type: Linux

I have also set up a 64MB Swap File.

The working USB Stick is an Imation Nano 1GB.

Now I can get on with installing an EPG and PICONS!