PDA

View Full Version : vu+ solo2 remote takes ages to respond to button presses -HELP

arnie2014
15-10-14, 21:59
Hi all

my vu+ solo2 remote is taking a while to respond to button presses. il press just say the EPG button and it takes ages to repond

or I have to press the button multiple times for it to eventually respond.

1. yes it has brand new batteries in it

2. yes their is no cling film on the front

3. no their is nothing obstructing or interfering with the IR, as turned my TV and router off just to check as both are nearby

please can somebody help

stilts
15-10-14, 22:12
Hi,

I've experienced a similar problem before with my TM-TWIN, slow/sluggish behaviour and even when in the various menus and pressing up/down the cursor jumps more than once, the only way I've got around the problem is to perform a restart.

For me I think that I may get this problem after using some of the streaming functionality of the unit to a PC/tablet, not sure if it's linked to that with memory leaks or something.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

judge
15-10-14, 22:13
Plasma TV? sounds like a few other issues reported.

arnie2014
15-10-14, 22:21
yes I have a plasmas tv above the box In the front room on the wall

iv heard you can change the remote code either byu using the remote itself or the box

does anybody know how I can do this please

judge
15-10-14, 22:29
Have a read of this post & maybe the rest of the thread. Most recent reported plasma issue I think.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?41205-Solo-2-remote-very-slow-and-doesn-t-respond&p=318547&viewfull=1#post318547

arnie2014
15-10-14, 22:44
do you know I can change the mode on the actual box

judge
15-10-14, 23:03
do you know I can change the mode on the actual box
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Remote Control Code, click on Remote Control System Code & follow onscreen instructions.

arnie2014
15-10-14, 23:14
im running blackhole so that's maybe why I cannot find it,

iv had alook in menu > system > their is no remote control code option

arnie2014
03-11-14, 12:18
I have tried to change the remote code in the menu

I press and hold 2 + 7 for 3 seconds - obviously the red light on the remote lights up - anyway I press HELP and again nothing happens so then I try pressing 0001 but nothing it just says enigma needs to restart and when it does the code has not saved

currently the code is showing up as using 0002 - is this the correct code for the solo2 if not is their any other way I can change it or another setting I need to change to allow the code to save.

I have also enabled the energy efficiently sensor on my plasma encase that's the problem but it doesn't change anything