PDA

View Full Version : Getting SFTP to work with Dropbear SSH Server

sagatr
15-10-14, 19:16
Vix Image: 775

Hi guys

I can connect to my solo 2 using FTP, Telnet, and SSH. If i try to connect connect via SFTP using WinSCP i get an error : Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

I can however connect and see the file system if i use SCP protocol. I understand the solo2 image is using dropbear and the SSH server and does not include openssh-sftp-server.

I have followed many guides on the internet that are similar but are not specific to solo2 or enigma 2 based system. I have successfully installed : openssh-sftp-server_5.9p1-1_mipsel.ipk package but can't get he SFTP working.

Has anyone managed to get SFTP working ? I would love to use my solo 2 box as a cloud drive as i can mount an SFTP connection as a remote share on my android smart phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

birdman
15-10-14, 20:05
Vix Image: 775

Hi guys

I can connect to my solo 2 using FTP, Telnet, and SSH. If i try to connect connect via SFTP using WinSCP i get an error : Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?The package version on Apollo 057 is openssh-sftp-server_6.6p1-r0_mips32el and it works for me (I've just installed it to test that) using sftp on a Linux system.

sagatr
16-10-14, 12:12
Thanks for the help. I have updated my solo 2 to Apollo 057. I downloaded and installed the package you recommended using telnet:

opkg download open-sftp-server

This downloaded : openssh-sftp-server_6.6p1-r0_mips32el.ipk in my current directory.

Then i typed :

opkg install openssh-sftp-server_6.6p1-r0_mips32el.ipk

It installed perfectly and did not have any dependency issues.

I can now connect using winscp, i can also mount the drive as remote share on my Sony Z3 phone. I also tried using ES File Explorer on Android. All working perfectly. This is an excellent way get your own personal cloud drive since the solo 2 is always on. :thumbsup: