PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Resolution

plasticflowers
15-10-14, 14:51
Hi,
I was hoping you could help me. I recently got a new television (LG55EC930v) and have a vu+duo2 running the latest VIX image. I'm having issues setting the resolution. When I set the TV to "just scan" (1:1 pixel mapping with no overscan) I get corruption around the edge of the screen (grey lines and dots on the edge of the picture) similar to the issue you get with overscan. I've tried all the settings in auto-resolution and by switching auto-resolution off but the image is still getting distorted.
I know its an issue with the vu+ box as I did manage to get a perfect picture once on both SD and HD channels without changing any settings on the TV but fiddling with the setting in auto resolution, but I change one of the settings in auto resolution again and it got corrupted again. When I change the setting back, it remained corrupted.
Do you know if there are any logs I can review or if I can manually set the settings through the command line as I don't think the GUI is always setting the value I input.

Trial
15-10-14, 15:04
Hi,
with your old TV you changed OSD position because of overscan and now you do not have overscan anymore and you see the garbage. Go into OSD position and set it to max: 0/720 0/576.

ciao

plasticflowers
15-10-14, 19:45
Thank you, that solved it