PDA

View Full Version : FTP Help!!!

casper17
15-10-14, 13:47
Hi Folks,

I was wondering could anyone help me with a slight issue I'm having. Purchased a vu duo a few months back and got it set up and running relatively easy using the FTP client 'Filezilla'.

I did with the same set up with up with my new cfg file however this time filezilla is not allowing the contents to transfer. It is saying when I transfer the cfg file that it already exists and would I like to overwrite. I say yes to this and when I do the file shows up in the etc folder but with size showing as 0. I have tried using multiple different versions of filezilla with no success and also attempted using 'Core FTP' and DBedit.

I have also tried deleting the file manually and then dragging the new cfg file across with no success.

Just to make it clear my computer and the box seem to have no issue connecting to one another as all the files are showing- it is just when I try to transfer the cfg file across.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks

timofee
15-10-14, 13:53
There is no reason that Filezilla should not work.

But as an alternative try DCC. With DCC you can open the original .cfg file in your box under the edit option and simply copy and paste in the new data. Very simple.

casper17
15-10-14, 14:01
There is no reason that Filezilla should not work.

But as an alternative try DCC. With DCC you can open the original .cfg file in your box under the edit option and simply copy and paste in the new data. Very simple.

I know it was the perfect ftp client before but now it just throwing up this problem which seems easy to correct but its obviously not a straight forward solution.

I typed the issue into google and a few ppl have had the same problem without anyone really coming up with an answer to fix.

Thanks Ill give a go.

casper17
18-10-14, 14:58
Hi folks anyone else have any other suggestions. I have tried using DCC and still the same problem the file looks as if it is being transferred however when it is brought across in /var/etc folder the file size is showing up as zero.

I am saving the file as CCcam.cfg and set it to 'all files' but still no success.

adm
18-10-14, 16:20
Is Filezilla set for binary transfers?
Transfer -> Transfer type -> Binary

I've had some minor problems with Filezilla timing out during file transfers from my box - cured by setting no timeout
Edit -> Settings -> Connection -> set timeout to zero.