PDA

View Full Version : vu duo tuner b down

cactikid
14-10-14, 23:33
i only figured i had a problem when picture would change on tv to a recording,and now notice which i think is a dead tuner b,feeds were checked on other box and cleared,put back in to duo and went to service searching-tuner config and both set up single and simple:confused:
checking service infomation it has N/A,should have info listed i would have thought.?
went to tuner A and that has the info listed in service information.

are dead tuners common as i just read about 2 others also on duo and wondered if it was image related?
apollo 32 awaiting stable image so can update box to latest,any other checks on tuner i could do please.

judge
14-10-14, 23:51
Same issue here on a Solo2 in the last week due to rain leaking into an outdoor diseqc switch.
Check your connection/f-plugs to the failed tuner.

Larry-G
15-10-14, 00:25
i only figured i had a problem when picture would change on tv to a recording,and now notice which i think is a dead tuner b,feeds were checked on other box and cleared,put back in to duo and went to service searching-tuner config and both set up single and simple:confused:
checking service infomation it has N/A,should have info listed i would have thought.?
went to tuner A and that has the info listed in service information.

are dead tuners common as i just read about 2 others also on duo and wondered if it was image related?
apollo 32 awaiting stable image so can update box to latest,any other checks on tuner i could do please.

The thread you are referring to was due to the OP using a old version of CCcam (2.2.1) which in conjunction with the new OE-A core can not decode multiple channels at the same time, it was not a tuner issue nor a image issue, regardless of how much a certain user there tries to convince people it is.

There is no issue in the ViX image effecting recordings for any receiver, only the Gigablue and Technomate receivers are at present having issues with recordings and playabck, both attributed to poor drivers by their manufacturers.

judge
15-10-14, 00:47
The thread you are referring to was due to the OP using a old version of CCcam (2.2.1) which in conjunction with the new OE-A core can not decode multiple channels at the same time, it was not a tuner issue nor a image issue, regardless of how much a certain user there tries to convince people it is.
Yes, that too. Wet diseqc switch was my issue, not CCcam.
N/A issue is more than a cam issue though.

Larry-G
15-10-14, 00:52
Yes, that too. Wet diseqc switch was my issue, not CCcam.
N/A issue is more than a cam issue though.

yeah, I was just pointing out that the thread he was referencing else where was basically just a load of crap, being used to scaremonger users sway from ViX by claiming the image has issues with tuners and recordings.

There are a lot of reasons why a tuner would not be working, but the image is not one of them.

judge
15-10-14, 01:02
yeah, I was just pointing out that the thread he was referencing else where was basically just a load of crap, being used to scaremonger users sway from ViX by claiming the image has issues with tuners and recordings.

There are a lot of reasons why a tuner would not be working, but the image is not one of them.

Haven't read that thread, the scaremongering on different boxes is unreal though.
Try naming a box that doesn't mess up on not being configured properly, doesn't have driver issues, can survive bad & wet f-plugs, wrongly configured motors & I'll be first in the queue, like an Apple fanboy... ;)
It's not a ViX issue.

cactikid
15-10-14, 01:27
not using diseqc or cccam using old faithful mgcamd 1.35a and strange enough i was using wrong cable connected 4 weeks ago i had my motorized feed inserted instead of 28.2 feed but both feeds were checked yesterday on other box and working,i will redo connections on both cables entering my surge control input as output cables are high quality bought ones and will change them also to be sure,not wet fplugs as skirt is well pulled down on octo lnb :p,only way to get me to move away from vix is to shoot me :thumbsup:cheers guys.

did not know cams could screw things up and noticed choice from softcam download also mentions 1.38 and is it 2.3.0 are they the preferred ones to use now?

Rob van der Does
15-10-14, 06:18
"N/A" is the result of a mismatch in your setup.

judge
16-10-14, 00:49
"N/A" is the result of a mismatch in your setup.
Yes, or wet fplugs no longer being able to scan.
Scan here with damaged fplugs results in NA channels.