PDA

View Full Version : Can't change hdmi output

thejoker
14-10-14, 22:12
I know it's strange me wanting to run my technomate nano 2 off scart, well there's not even a scart socket on the back of it but I'm using the red/yellow/white wires...

I was doing the box for my uncle who will soon be upgrading to a hd flat screen soon but he's using a CRT tv at the minute...

The quality is absolutely terrible and cannot change out from hdmi in av settings, surely there must be some way to do this. I'm near sure I could do this in vu boxes, I can do it ok on my current dm800hd...

Can anyone help with this...?

Trial
15-10-14, 08:00
Hi,
I am not sure about TM but for all other boxes a special plugin (videomode ?) must be installed to the the HDMI option in the settings. Regardless of the plugin HDMI output was there on all my VUs only in the wrong mode.

ciao

Rob van der Does
15-10-14, 11:41
Composite video is indeed the lowest form of video-life on earth; nothing you can do about that.
What settings would you like to change?

thejoker
15-10-14, 15:25
It av settings I want to change the output from hdmi to scart. I've connected my technomate nano 2 super to a basic crt tv using red/yellow/white.

The picture is not great but skin is horrendous. I've had this happen before and was able to change av mode to scart.

I would it's vix related. Is that the plugin, videomode, can't find it on the feeds

Rob van der Does
15-10-14, 15:34
It av settings I want to change the output from hdmi to scart. I've connected my technomate nano 2 super to a basic crt tv using red/yellow/white.
Yes, I know, but again: what would you like to change in the Scart setting? I can't think of anything you would want to be able to do in there.

The picture is not great but skin is horrendous. I've had this happen before and was able to change av mode to scart.

And when using an SD-connection, you should use an SD skin; therefore we have Magic-SD available.

Joe_90
15-10-14, 15:51
Have you tried Settings/AV mode? There you should be able to change from HDMI to SCART(composite) and lower the resolution to 576. As Rob says, it's the lowest quality and you should probably use an SD skin also. You will probably have to re-size the menu graphics also as most CRTs have a large degree of overscan set by default.

Rob van der Does
15-10-14, 16:55
Boxes without scart have no Scart entry in AV settings.

Joe_90
15-10-14, 17:19
:confused: - my Quad Plus has no SCART socket, but has a composite output using phono socket. Definitely has HDMI, SCART and component output settings in the System/Settings/AV menu. Would have thought that any box with composite output would have the same.

Trial
15-10-14, 17:19
Hi,
when connect with red/white/yellow only composite is possible and that is terrible.

ciao

Rob van der Does
15-10-14, 18:06
:confused: - my Quad Plus has no SCART socket, but has a composite output using phono socket. Definitely has HDMI, SCART and component output settings in the System/Settings/AV menu. Would have thought that any box with composite output would have the same.
Than the box has escaped the settings in videomode.py.
But now this is the case: could you see if any change in the scart-composite settings actually change anything at all? Such as WSS-PAL/NTSC-50Hz/60Hz or any other settings?

Joe_90
15-10-14, 22:52
Another item for you to change the settings in, then. ;)

No... please don't! Composite has no configurable settings. Good box behaviour would be to set composite output at 576. WSS would be an option although I don't know how many broadcasters have carried that option from PAL to digital environment.