PDA

View Full Version : Sim Unlocked Orange San Francisco Android 2.1 Mobile Phone with 2gb MicroSD card

pooface
26-11-10, 11:19
Hi guys.

Have the above phone for sale. Only selling it, as I bought it as an interim phone as my old phone had been taken away by repair, and was unrepairable, so I got the money to buy a new one. Was waiting for the Desire Z phone, which I have now... So, this is for sale.

The phone has been kept in a leather slip case (the HTC slip case was originally designed for the Desire, but this phone fitted it fine. Was slightly on the loose side, but worked no problems. I am now using the slip case with the Desire Z though, so is not included...

Phone comes with a 2gb Verbatim MicroSD card. Has been fitted with a screen protector from day 1 (they were originally for another phone, think it was a Samsung i900 or something like that, can't remember, but they fit it virtually perfectly). The screen protector has a few scrapes from usual use, but this can be taken off, and a new one put on. Have another 2 I can include with it...

The phone was sim unlocked, clockwork modded and rooted and custom rom installed straight away. I can provide it with the clockwork mod and a custom rom if you so wish, otherwise, I can reinstall as it would originally have come, just sim unlocked.

The battery has been well conditioned, and I had been receiving 1 day easily with quite a bit of usage. With less usage, 2 days were easily achieved. Yes, doesn't sound like a lot of battery life, but some people have been saying that they were only receiving half a day with little usage, this is because they didn't condition the battery! Anyone who owns a smartphone will know, they do not last long... Am currently lucky to get a full day with my Desire Z at the minute! lol.

Here are the specs:

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3753

Here are some pictures:

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3751
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3752

Any questions, just ask. Am looking for £90 + postage (or free collection in Midlands area).

Cheers

Tzimakos
26-11-10, 18:40
Hey mate..

How about 75 plus postage?

pooface
27-11-10, 11:09
Cheers.

Noticed you only registered yesterday though. Also, where would postage be to? How would you be looking to make payment, as ideally I would be after a bank transfer...

Tzimakos
27-11-10, 13:39
Yes mate i registered because I'm especially looking for this very phone..

I'm from Greece and the stores here only have the zte blade, which is a san francisco, but with an lcd screen instead of Amoled and 256mb ram instead of 512.. Thats why i want to get a san francisco..

Postage would be to Athens Greece and Paypal is the preferred way so both me and you are protected..

Cheers, Jim

pooface
27-11-10, 21:42
OK, well I'd have to take a look at the best method to send the phone to greece. Would imagine that'd add about £15 on to it though. Also, was looking at Bank Transfer, as could do with the money in bank account, not paypal account, as doesn't paypal take quite a chunk of the payment if you transfer it to your bank account?

Plus, would prefer to hold on for closer to the asking for a little while... Thanks though.

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 08:03
I'm ok with paying the whole 15 quid for postage myself.. I want to pay via paypal because i have lost money before by paying for a laptop without the laptop getting to me, because i didn't use a secure payment method, so im extremely concerned about that.. No offense, I'm sure you're alright..

pooface
28-11-10, 09:16
As I said, I'll leave it a little longer to think over as I want a little closer to asking...

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 10:10
Ok mate, but if you change your mind any time soon i'll take it in a flash.. I really want this phone..

Also can you compare the quality and blacks of its screen with galaxy s or iphone 4 and tell me how its doing?

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 10:18
You can also keep the 2gb sd card if that can help my offer..

marty
28-11-10, 11:03
not paypal account, as doesn't paypal take quite a chunk of the payment if you transfer it to your bank account?

Not at all M8, I use PayPal all the time and it costs NOTHING the trasnfer to you bank account (ie FREE :) ) BUT PayPal do charge YOU for receiving money from poeple :( but this can be got around by the seller sending the payment as a gift that way the BUYER pays the PayPal charge.

pooface
28-11-10, 11:03
Ok mate, but if you change your mind any time soon i'll take it in a flash.. I really want this phone..

Also can you compare the quality and blacks of its screen with galaxy s or iphone 4 and tell me how its doing?

I don't have an iphone 4 or galaxy s... Only other phones I have that I could compare with is the Desire Z (SLCD screen) and Nokia N95 8gb...

Also, don't really have any use for the 2gb microsd, as I changed it over with 8gb I had in the old phone... Will keep it as a spare in case I need for something if you don't want, but it won't help in regards to price :p

Also, please keep all communication to the thread, no pming me!

In regards to receipt and age of phone, I think I have the receipt still, but wouldn't help in regards to warranty, as you're not in the country, so wouldn't have thought be any good? But as said, think I still have it... In regards to the age, I bought it at the beginning of October (around 9th I think it was)...

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 11:15
how does the screen compare to desire z's screen in terms of black levels and picture guality?

I only used pm to be sure you're reading my on thread replies, I'm sorry I won't do it again..

If the rom is located in the on-board memory, feel free to keep the sd, i don't mind..

Again, i want this phone, that's why im giving up on all these little things, mate..

Cheers

pooface
28-11-10, 11:33
I am getting the messages mate. Have email subscription to this, which notifies me straight to my gmail account, which comes straight through to my phone... If I don't reply straight away, don't worry... I might just be coming on the site to check something out in terms of the team image, and don't have time to reply straight to this, but will come back to it later...

Anyway, as I said, I'll wait a bit to see if anyone will offer closer to asking.

Also, just looking on the paypal site, and looks like it's gonna cost me £5 just to withdrawal the money to my bank account:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-withdrawal-fees-outside

Then, there's the around £4 for me to receive the payment (since, as far as I know, unless this is sent as a paypal gift, I have to pay 3.4%).

So, I'd be looking at loosing around £8-£9 just for you to pay by paypal... So looking at it like that, then I'd rather not go ahead with the sale as I'd be loosing too much...

marty
28-11-10, 11:39
Also, just looking on the paypal site, and looks like it's gonna cost me £5 just to withdrawal the money to my bank account

Well bugger me :) shows what a rip off the UK is!!!!!!!
In most places its free, I'm living in France and it's been free for a few years now here.

Sicilian
28-11-10, 11:40
@ Poo, withdrawal's over £50 are free to a bank account.

Maxwell
28-11-10, 11:44
Just a warning that if payment is sent using Paypal gift neither side has any recourse to Paypal should anything go wrong with the transaction

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 11:56
If Sicilian is right and withdrawals are free over 50pounds, i'd be happy to give you the extra 4 quid myself so as you dont pay any fees..

marty
28-11-10, 12:16
Just a warning that if payment is sent using Paypal gift neither side has any recourse to Paypal should anything go wrong with the transaction

Are you 100% sure on that?

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 12:21
I believe that's right.. When i got scammed about a laptop i paid for, the seller said i should by him by paypal gift, so i did and i learnt that the hard way..

Maxwell
28-11-10, 12:23
Are you 100% sure on that?

Yes its in the Paypal terms and one of the reasons I refuse to use paypal

marty
28-11-10, 12:25
I believe that's right.. When i got scammed about a laptop i paid for, the seller said i should by him by paypal gift, so i did and i learnt that the hard way..

Thats sucks :( I would have thought that if YOU paid the fee you should have some protection.
In my case I always use my credit card on paypal so if things did ever go wrong I would still get my money back from the bank if paypal wouldn't pay up :)

Maxwell
28-11-10, 12:32
Paypal Gift transaction - Taken from another forum I use:

The buyer's offer included paying me the £300 as a PayPal 'gift' payment to save himself the 4%.
I accepted this and he duly paid me, entering his name & address in the PayPal comments box.
When the payment arrived via PayPal email, there was no 'Postage address - confirmed' as you get with a normal 'purchase' payment as opposed to a gift. A confirmed address shows that the buyer has been verified at the address shown.
It also came with the following standard warning:
"Reversals:
Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have posted the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's protection programmes and following the trading guidelines, in our Security Centre helps to protect you from things like chargebacks."

I telephoned PayPal and they told me that as the payment was a gift there could be no goods changing hands in PayPal's view and so I would not be protected by PayPal's seller protection policy if the 'sports equipment' (as I told them) went missing. Additionally as there was no verified address sent with the payment (because there's no need for one as no goods are being sent in PayPal's view!) the buyer could have paid with a stolen credit card, using any other non-verified address he cared to. Even if not stolen he could still claim a charge back to his card and I could not dispute via PayPal as there cannot have been any goods involved in a gift payment.

mmcmedia
28-11-10, 13:54
So is this sold yet or not

thanx

SLOTH
28-11-10, 15:52
yeh its the revershal thing thats a real get out ... i,m not a big fan of paypal ....use it only as a last resort !!! ...been scammed for a laptop too ... was pretty grim !!!

striker
28-11-10, 16:54
Pooface, if the phone is still for sale i will buy it. Don't fancy collecting it though as i'm in hertfordshire. I you want to post it that fine. It's all good to go this end so i will wait for your reply. TIA

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 19:42
ok looks like i was beaten..

Cheers

pooface
28-11-10, 20:19
So is this sold yet or not

Not quite yet, although might be sold to striker...

Pooface, if the phone is still for sale i will buy it. Don't fancy collecting it though as i'm in hertfordshire. I you want to post it that fine. It's all good to go this end so i will wait for your reply. TIA

Is that an offer of full asking price? RM Special delivery is around £5, so you offering £95 for it? How you looking to pay? As from what I've heard from the stories above with paypal and chargebacks, then I'm not too keen on paypal... So, personally I'd prefer a BT...

ok looks like i was beaten..

Cheers

We'll see how it goes above... But, as I said, from the stories about paypal and chargebacks, then I'm not too keen on using paypal... Sorry

striker
28-11-10, 21:14
you have pm mate.....well in a minute or 2 you will have...

pooface
28-11-10, 21:23
you have pm mate.....well in a minute or 2 you will have...

Please refrain from using pms until we have agreed a deal... Here's the pm:

As i have only joined today, not sure how to make direct contact with you without breaking forum rules:confused:. Anyway, i'd like to buy the phone from you so i can use with my o2 sim. Can you pass on a few details about the age and condition of the phone please. Many thanks......striker;)

As I stated in first post, it's sim free. I unlocked it when I got it to use on o2 myself... In regards to age, it was bought at beginning of October (about 8th), so is just under 2 months old. Condition is almost perfect There might be a little minor scuff on the rubber (saying this, as when I frequented the modaco forums, it was stated the rubber rubs off really easily), but I won't be able to check until tomorrow, as I left it at work on Friday when taking pictures of it to post on here... Also, had a screen protector on from beginning with a case...

Tzimakos
28-11-10, 21:32
but if i do it by bank transfer I wouldn't be completely safe..

understand my place too..

striker
28-11-10, 21:35
Sounds cool. Full asking price + postage is good for me. Would want you to leave it modded so it will be fine with my o2 sim.Depending on the cost of the paypal charges i might be able to cover those. BT is the other option.....your call.

silverfox0786
28-11-10, 22:05
just to clarify to you paypal gift only just recently has stoped charging any fees for paypal gift i can confirm this by as i have paied 2 transactions both paypal did not require a fee from either side [atleast on my account] one example was the xbox360 i payed SLOTH 110 and neither party payed a fee.

The other thing is yes transfer over 50 is free of charge

Lastly Pooface is a well respected Mod here and would not conn anyone that i can garuntee and so can all other regular users here so your in safe hands mate with pooface sending you the phone

I think £90 + £15 paypal gift will be on this forums point of veiw very safe and will incure no problems whatso ever

pooface
28-11-10, 22:33
Sounds cool. Full asking price + postage is good for me. Would want you to leave it modded so it will be fine with my o2 sim.Depending on the cost of the paypal charges i might be able to cover those. BT is the other option.....your call.

Wouldn't need to be modded to be unlocked, just gets rid of all the orange rubbish ;)

Will take a video tomorrow to show the condition of the phone, the blacks compared to the dz, and that it's fully working etc.
Also, as sf said, I'm a mod here. So, will do everything possible not to put my name and the forum names at a risk ;)

Also, BT would be the preferred method...

Will post again tomorrow after taking the video :)

silverfox0786
28-11-10, 22:36
[QUOTE=pooface;30999]Wouldn't need to be modded to be unlocked, just gets rid of all the orange rubbish ;)QUOTE]

just to clarify pooface its called debranding something i do do phones my self all the time

striker
28-11-10, 22:51
Wouldn't need to be modded to be unlocked, just gets rid of all the orange rubbish ;)

Will take a video tomorrow to show the condition of the phone, the blacks compared to the dz, and that it's fully working etc.
Also, as sf said, I'm a mod here. So, will do everything possible not to put my name and the forum names at a risk ;)

Also, BT would be the preferred method...

Will post again tomorrow after taking the video :)

Cheers pooface. Just to clarify we are reading off the same song sheet.... It's unlocked, rooted and had the custom rom installed then all is good to go.If you can put the spare screen protecters in with the box and leads and advise me on a suitable case i'll be well happy. you do have my contact number if you need it. Got to be up in 4 hours so hitting the sack now. catch you tomorrow to finalise everything. Thanks again.

mmcmedia
29-11-10, 09:20
So is it finally sold now or what lol if not can u let me know plz

pooface
29-11-10, 11:00
So is it finally sold now or what lol if not can u let me know plz

It's provisionally sold to Striker at the mo... If it falls through for any reason, I'll let you know :)

pooface
29-11-10, 13:31
To update the thread with photos of the black levels:

I put the brightness level to full on both the Desire Z and the Orange SF. Personally, I think the black levels look better on the SF than the Z (couldn't believe it when I saw that!).

Anyway, took some pics. Hard to take photos of it though, as it doesn't really come through well.

3820 3821

Also, some pics of the screen protector. As you can see, the screen protector has done it's job of protecting the screen with the little marks etc. As I said, I have some more at home which will be packaged along with it, but didn't want to take this one off and put it another on. Although I should've, would've made it appear much better in the photos ;)

3822 3818

Also, included a full shot of everything that comes with it (apart from the SD card and the charger, as they are at home).

Striker, are you ok for me to call you some point this afternoon?

Cheers

striker
29-11-10, 18:05
Just got in from work pooface and got straight on here to see your update. You can call me anytime mate. If by chance the call goes to voicemail, leave a message and i'll call you back within a few minutes. Look forward to your call buddy.

pooface
30-11-10, 10:05
Just got in from work pooface and got straight on here to see your update. You can call me anytime mate. If by chance the call goes to voicemail, leave a message and i'll call you back within a few minutes. Look forward to your call buddy.

Sorry, didn't get a chance to call last night. Will call you today, probably around 12.30ish (hopefully you'll be on lunch then). If you do manage to see the thread before then, and want me to call at another time, then let me know...

Cheers

pooface
30-11-10, 15:16
Just to update the thread. Spoke to striker today. Sent him bank details, awaiting payment and delivery address...

pooface
30-11-10, 19:03
Further update, payment received... Waiting for address to come through, and will post tomorrow :)

striker
30-11-10, 20:12
Always helps to provide an address to send the item to:o...... I had a bit of a numpty moment, but was promted by pooface. Now resolved and waiting for phone.:)

pooface
30-11-10, 21:13
Always helps to provide an address to send the item to:o...... I had a bit of a numpty moment, but was promted by pooface. Now resolved and waiting for phone.:)

As said, will let you know when sent tomorrow :)

striker
03-12-10, 13:47
Recieved the phone from pooface. Well wrapped up mate. Just getting used to using the thing now. Thanks for everything:)

silverfox0786
03-12-10, 13:51
Please remeber to leave itrader feedback. Thanks

pooface
03-12-10, 14:25
Recieved the phone from pooface. Well wrapped up mate. Just getting used to using the thing now. Thanks for everything:)

No prob mate.

Hope you find your way around it easy enough. Nice little phone and great starter to get in to android...

Just gonna leave your feedback :)

Sicilian
08-12-10, 16:57

Please can you use the feedback system and leave feedback for Pooface.

pooface
09-12-10, 14:56
He sent me an email at the weekend to say he can't get on with it, and power button is being sticky, so was gonna look to sell it...

Just keeping all updated...

Tzimakos
09-12-10, 15:27
How much is he looking to sell it for? Is the phone fully functional? Whats wrong with the power button?

silverfox0786
18-10-11, 03:41
thread closed as transaction looks complete lol

can buyer leave feedback if not done so already

cheers