PDA

View Full Version : [MB Premium Twin HD] Bug - black screen

adm
11-10-14, 23:58
Miracle Premium Twin HD - various VIX Apollo builds 030 to 54

I believe there may be a minor bug in the User Interface (Position Setup) page that appears in the 'wizard' when first setting up this box - or after the box has been given a factory reset.

Box connected to a Samsun g TV via HDMI, 1080i, 50Hz
During installation the User Interface Position Setup page is shown
The second item on this page is Move Left/Right

If this option is chosen and the picture moved by one/two pixels to left/right before adjusting the 'width' option the result will be a complete black screen (on my TV) and the only way out is a power off/on to reboot the box.

birdman
12-10-14, 01:48
I also went through that step on 030 with a new box (Sony TV) but didn't get a black screen (but may not have entered things in the order you quoted).
You can also get to a User Interface (Position Setup) page (but slightly different?) via:

Main menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Position Setup

Does the same thing happen there?

birdman
12-10-14, 02:16
HOWEVER!! Looks like there is a BUG in 054?

I've just updated to 054 (from 047) and now find that the User Interface Position is no longer correct (it's over-big).
And when I go to the User Interface option to change it this has NO EFFECT at all!

The "visibility" (== opaqueness) setting does work.

birdman
12-10-14, 10:29
HOWEVER!! Looks like there is a BUG in 054?However, when I check this morning (the box has been into Deep Standby in between) all is OK.
My Position Settings are being used, and the menu options lets me shift things left-right and up-down.
So odd, but probably not a bug after all.

Sicilian
12-10-14, 10:44
Turn off overscan on your TV ;)

birdman
12-10-14, 14:42
Turn off overscan on your TV ;)I believe I have. It's a Sony 32EX723, and the Display is set to "Full Pixel".