PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Rep of Ireland XML with ZoomZoomLuke style edits

abu baniaz
11-10-14, 23:23
I have copied ZoomZoomLuke's xml and put the ROI region in there for those interested.

Joe_90
11-10-14, 23:26
For those odd occasions I actually watch SKY :thumbsup:

judge
12-10-14, 02:54
Abu, script works well, thanks.
As we're now hacking Sky channel lists to only display what's still available on an E2 box, any way to swap other channels?
Example, CH4 is broadcast on SD in ROI & a paid for service, a scan on any UK provider gives CH4 HD for free.
Also, no ITV on ROI scans, but picked up on UK scans.

irishchris
12-10-14, 09:18
Abu, script works well, thanks.
As we're now hacking Sky channel lists to only display what's still available on an E2 box, any way to swap other channels?
Example, CH4 is broadcast on SD in ROI & a paid for service, a scan on any UK provider gives CH4 HD for free.
Also, no ITV on ROI scans, but picked up on UK scans.
Would be ideal if could be done. Frustrating having to enable move mode every time I update bouquets. Was the only advantage of lzaiers AB but much prefer the native autobouquets

thisntaht
12-10-14, 11:48
I have copied ZoomZoomLuke's xml and put the ROI region in there for those interested.

Excellent stuff abu baniaz (and ZoomZoomLuke), Just wondering, would it be possible to swap these channels with their SD equivalent:

BBC one HD
BT Sport 1 HD
BT Sport 2 HD
ESPN HD
Boxnation HD

Will this ROI XML eventually be included in the main Sky ZZL list or will it stay on it's own as it currently is ?

Excellent work and greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

abu baniaz
12-10-14, 16:45
I'll add the swap for BBC 1 HD. I dont see the added value in the others. If you look at the group of chanenls between setanta Ireland and Boxnation HD, isn't it better to be together?

ABM will only populate details as per the broadcaster. You won't be able to swap encrypted CH4 with FTA CH4 unless there is a rewrite/modification. You'll have to use both UK and ROI separately. An option is to blacklist all the chanenls that are duplicated in the UK one, remove the sections and you will just get the small bouquet with channels that are exclusive to ROI.

(Lraizer's plugin does all the 28.2 chanenls.)

bbbuk
12-10-14, 20:08
I assume this is just RoI only?

Is there anyway to include Setanta from RoI in with ZZL uk?

thisntaht
12-10-14, 20:42
I'll add the swap for BBC 1 HD. I dont see the added value in the others. If you look at the group of chanenls between setanta Ireland and Boxnation HD, isn't it better to be together?

ABM will only populate details as per the broadcaster. You won't be able to swap encrypted CH4 with FTA CH4 unless there is a rewrite/modification. You'll have to use both UK and ROI separately. An option is to blacklist all the chanenls that are duplicated in the UK one, remove the sections and you will just get the small bouquet with channels that are exclusive to ROI.

(Lraizer's plugin does all the 28.2 chanenls.)

Hey abu baniaz & ZoomZoomLuke,

Would love to know a little more about the xml where you swapped RTE 2 HD with its SD equivalent, Could you answer this please,

In the XML file, when you want to swap a channel do you need to insert the channel details in <dvbsconfigs> between line 8 and 10?
and if so, where do you get the <configuration> details for each channel? like each channels key, bouquet, region and namespace specific to each channel being swapped?

Example: line 9: key="hd_republic_of_ireland" bouquet="0x1004" region="0x32" namespace="0x11a0000"
Where do you get these details for each channel? and do they have to go into the <configuration> section if they're being swapped with their SD equivalent?
Anything else I need to know when swapping channels in the XML?

Hope that makes sense, I know what I'm trying to ask but don't know if I'm explaining it properly,
Even if you could point me in the direction of a tut on this, much appreciated, :thumbsup:
Thanks

abu baniaz
12-10-14, 21:15
The swaps are done by this bit. From line 92 on this xml. Do not alter anything else.

<channel number="141" with="101" />
<channel number="178" with="103" />
<channel number="230" with="104" />

Explanation
swap 141 with 101
swap 178 with 103
swap 230 with 104

You can ignore this bit at end of line.

<!-- RTE Two HD -->