PDA

View Full Version : Android boxes....What's the story?

seame
10-10-14, 21:39
Been hearing and reading a fair bit about these boxes lately and I'm interested in getting one :) trouble is I haven't go a clue about them :confused:

The sponsor only has two so not much to choose from :( Have any of the members got one and can list some pros and cons of their box? Would appreciate some trusted user feedback.

Couldn't see a dedicated forum section so if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it

duoduo
10-10-14, 22:03
You need to understand what they are mainly used for, alot are used for xbmc whereas others for Iptv

seame
10-10-14, 22:10
Cheers mate I understand what they can (or meant to) do. I know F'all about the best brands, models and respected dealers tbh, I've seen a few sellers that look like cowboys.

duoduo
11-10-14, 07:58
I have an Ouya box which is super reliable, not the cheapest Android box available though. Mx boxes are very popular and I have seen tons of these on flyaway, look for a quad core os.

seame
11-10-14, 10:46
Are the mx boxes popular because of their price or because of their abilities?

seame
11-10-14, 12:46
I've been looking at the evo xfinity but after reading a thread on another forum involving one of the admins on this forum I think I'll give that box a miss. Are there any other android boxes on the market that have satellite tuners?

rossi2000
11-10-14, 13:00
the mutant hd2400 might interest you.

quad tuner sat box with XBMC soon, im keeping my eye on these ones. :)

seame
11-10-14, 14:06
Looks an interesting box and a good xmas present for myself :D

I've had another change of mind I think at the minute I might just buy a couple of extra tuners for my GB quad and use those to feed an android box located elsewhere in the house.

What are the key things to be looking out for on these boxes performance wise?

pac2000
11-10-14, 14:19
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quad-Android-1-8GHz-Output-HI718/dp/B00E7OSRBE

I've Got 2 Of These... I Use Them To Stream TV/Movies From My Quad And Duo Via Vu+ Player And ES Explorer... They Can Stream 1080i Perfectly, And Have An Ethernet Port, So Don't Require Buggy WiFi(Although They Do Have WiFi)... Less Than £40 Delivered... They Can Also Run XBMC/Kodi... Quad Core Processor, Quad Core Graphics And 2Gb Ram... Best To Add A Mouse, But They're Really Good... And Use Very Little Power...

gataboy1
12-10-14, 19:06
Ive got a couple of minix boxs. Work well decent support. They come loaded with a version of xbmc just for minix.