PDA

View Full Version : Will DIB07000 DVB-T tuner chipset be supported in v1.3?

Likvid
25-11-10, 23:24
Will the above chipset be supported soon or in upcoming v1.3?

Sicilian
26-11-10, 07:27
The only support for DVB-T will be for the Sundtek stick in 1.3. Once 1.3 is released we will look at DVB-T for 1.4.

If you havw working drivers for the above mentioned stick please feel free to post them.

bob1
26-11-10, 08:13
Thats a real shame i was guessing that was what you were working on ,even longer wait till 1.4 then.

Sicilian
26-11-10, 08:18
Thats a real shame i was guessing that was what you were working on ,even longer wait till 1.4 then.

We've been working on getting the core elements of our image stable as there have been a few memory issues with 1.2, we've also added some other additions. So there would have been no point working on DVB-T unless the core elements where stable. The next step is DVB-T in 1.4.

Likvid
26-11-10, 10:06
The only support for DVB-T will be for the Sundtek stick in 1.3. Once 1.3 is released we will look at DVB-T for 1.4.

If you havw working drivers for the above mentioned stick please feel free to post them.

Can't you just grab the drivers from Blackhole image?

RogerThis
26-11-10, 10:11
The Blackhole image is closed source, so you can't grab the driver from there. Sifteam is open source and have a working DVB-T drivers. I'd say that is were they will be getting the code.

I was hoping that Nova WinTV would have been implemented in 1.3. But it's great to get confirmation that DVB-T been worked on.

Big thanks to the ViX team!!!

Sicilian
26-11-10, 10:41

If it was as simple as that it would have been implemented by now.

silverfox0786
26-11-10, 10:45

The other thing to add is BH don't want to share. Its quite a shame that too as NOVA T is a well sort after solution.

Likvid
26-11-10, 11:08
TodoDream have support for DVB-T and Nova-T drivers, are they not sharing knowledge either?

andyblac
26-11-10, 12:01
but, guys are there using the lastest enigma2, i have talking to alex even they are having problems. so my guess there not. if they are great just means i have to work it out, but as i dont come from that kind of background it is a STEEP learning, you guy's need to remember it just me coding all the other teams have a few coders and have knowledge that i dont have, i mean i knew NOTHING about STB's before i bought my vu+ back in May. if anyone want to join the team to help with the DVB-T coding then PM Sic or myself, otherwise you are just going to have to be patient, until i figure it out. i have got the driver modules loading with no errors, but it is not just creating the device in /dev/

bob1
26-11-10, 18:19
I think the latest TodoDream is based on the latest original image (5.4) , i don't know if this means its using the latest enigma2.

It's here ,but i guess you already seen it.

TuXeR2 RC2 VU+ Duo TDT Support

New version of the image TuXeR2 with DTT panel to use your USB active, sorry for the blackvolar, with af9015 chip has not yet gotten it to work with gcc 4.4.3 but all the others work perfectly with our own drivers and TDTusbtuner.

5.4 Image Based on Official

Enigma: 13.10.2010-vuplus_experimental.
Drivers: 21.11.2010.
GCC Version: 4.4.3

Likvid
26-11-10, 19:20
I have also tested an hour ago latest SIF Team image and the USB Nova-T tuner is working great there.

I liked SIF but i always go back to Blackhole, i also tried Gigant image which is based on BH, i didn't like it as they have patched it everywhere like a cheese with holes everywhere.

PLI is working on it they told me, no date for it, can take ages......

Oh and i also tested Tododream, didn't like it at all, the DVB-T tuner works but the image is really designed for Spanish people.

bassethound
26-11-10, 19:42
Thanks for the feed back on all the images you have tried Likvid hopefully after the next VIX image release the team are going to concentrate on getting DVB-T tuner working on the VIX image.

Then you will always come back to the VIX image LOL

Likvid
26-11-10, 19:51
I asked the developer of AAF team and he told me it's a driver problem and he is waiting for solution from Vuplus, but why is it working great with other images then?

andyblac
27-11-10, 01:18
I asked the developer of AAF team and he told me it's a driver problem and he is waiting for solution from Vuplus, but why is it working great with other images then?

my guess, is that they are not using the new dvb api, but it is only a guess.

lestatmail
05-12-10, 20:27
Hi guys, as has been the subject, you can install these driver, is there any way to pass from one image to another. A greeting and thank you very much.