PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of Deep Standby

birdman
09-10-14, 19:19
Is there anyway to get the box out of Deep Standby apart from being in front of it and using the Power button on the remote)?

Is it meant to respond to a Wake-on-LAN magic packet?
(I cant seem to get it too, but I may be trying to do it incorrectly.)

Alternatively, is it possible to do something on the serial port?

The situation I'm thinkign of here is setting the box up to be accessible on the Internet, so that I would be able to set up a recording if I'm not at home and realize I'd like something recorded. But this can only be done if the box isn't in Deep Standby, so I'd need some way of getting it out of that

Leader
11-10-14, 21:02
Its not possible from deep sleep mode as the box as not got no internet connection in this state.

Stanman
12-10-14, 11:18
You can set up power timers for the box to turn at specific times but WOL won't work as iirc in DS everything is off. WOL can work in standby though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

birdman
12-10-14, 12:17
You can set up power timers for the box to turn at specific times but WOL won't work as iirc in DS everything is off.Well, that's the whole point of WOL. The "motherboard" is listening (in low power mode) for a specifically formed packet sent to its MAC address and when it gets it it powers-up the system.

WOL can work in standby though.Not really, as in standby the system is already up, so the concept of waking it up doesn't apply.