PDA

View Full Version : TSmedia weird downloads

intrigue
08-10-14, 22:59
Hi,

Downloading a couple films off TSmedia - in the download list it also has SoftcamCheck a couple times as in the queue to be downloaded.

What is this, why is it downloading?

intrigue
08-10-14, 23:03
And now it's downloading something called autotimer

Larry-G
08-10-14, 23:04
The softcam check simply polls the softcam every 6 minutes (can be changed to a different number if needed), to see if the cam has frozen and if it has restarts it. it is not downloading the softcam but stacking the check due to the resources that downloading from TSmedia takes up.

intrigue
08-10-14, 23:05
I've managed to stop all those downloads for time being just in case

intrigue
08-10-14, 23:05
Ah ok thanks nothing bad then!!!

Larry-G
08-10-14, 23:06
And now it's downloading something called autotimer

It's not downloading any thing, TSmedia is hogging all the system resources, so the usual system processes that would ordinarily go unnoticed cant run and are stacking up, autotimer will poll your EPG periodically to see if there are any recordings it needs to setup as per your autotimers you may have previously set.

Larry-G
08-10-14, 23:08
To be honest TSmedia is the problem here, it is a badly coded plugin (like TSpanel), if the author did a better job at coding his plugins there would be far fewer issues related to their use.

intrigue
08-10-14, 23:10
Thanks for the info - still a learner :)

Larry-G
08-10-14, 23:12
still a learner :)

Any one who claims otherwise is a liar, I have been into satellite for well over 20 years and I am still learning at least one new thing per day in this hobby.

judge
08-10-14, 23:19
@intrigue, no insult meant, but think you are a serious candidate for the ViX manual (http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/&file=VIX%20Manual%20Vs%201.1.pdf). Have a read of it please, if you haven't done so already.
Also, please realise many plugins like TSmedia break all sorts of copyright laws, so not much support will be given here.

intrigue
09-10-14, 00:09
Hi judge,

No offence taken. Ive read the vix manual and used it when putting stuff in to practice - sometimes my questions could no doubt be answered by the manual, other times though it's when I've read the manual and had an unexpected or undesired outcome which isn't covered within it.

I understand re tsmedia and the forums stance on it. I don't intend on using it really as I have free netflix with my mobile contract so not much use for it like that. Just interesting playing with the plugins, seeing what they can do etc. Discovered this evening that I think I can stream all my holiday videos etc to the box rather than plugging in video can etc