PDA

View Full Version : Losing NAS connection in Media Player

groove_timer
08-10-14, 21:09
Hi,

Having a weird issue with my NAS Location within the Media Player when I shutdown the box and disconnect from the power socket:confused:

Basically If I do the following, I am no longer able to connect to my NAS and have to setup the Mount manager again for it to work:

1. Switch off the box and unplug it from the mains
2. Plug back in and switch box on
3. Go into Media Player and Press Yellow Button to change location
4. Choose my NAS location and get error "Directory Media\autofs\NAS does not exist" If I filezilla onto the box, true enough the NAS folder has disappeared.
5. I then have to go to Backup Manager and choose a previous backup and say Yes to Restore the Enigma settings. This then brings back the NAS folder within Media\autofs and I can now play my media files in my NAS
6. I then update to the latest VIX Image and after reboot I can still access my NAS files via Media Player.
7. Repeat Step 1 and back to no NAS folder again:mad:

cactikid
08-10-14, 21:54
i never power down like you said and removing plug?bit extreme is it not,yes that error is very common,i even have it here even tried samba and ntfs but not worked.:D

groove_timer
09-10-14, 09:43
Thanks cactikid, so i'm not alone in this. Gotta think about the planet mate when removing the plug:D ....Plus my TV is on the same extension way under the mantle piece and can't be arsed just unplugging that.

Oh well, I guess the developers have this issue down as low priority.

Cheers

cactikid
09-10-14, 19:20
probably doing more harm than good plugging and unplugging box,did you read the specs???
<0.5 W (Deep-Standby-Mode) Input voltage::D.

there are a number of threads about not finding/accessing drives from other places but would need to search for them maybe answered and i missed it:confused::D