PDA

View Full Version : OpenWebif to request password on loading?

outrage_uk
08-10-14, 01:27
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, didn't know where to put it :o

Is there a way for OpenWebif to request password on loading to restrict some users on the network?

I've been reading and im pretty sure other people have somehow but have to use root / password - but I can't even get that set up? :confused:

Thanks.

zola25
08-10-14, 11:32
Goto menu/plugins/openwebif and put yes next to enable http authentication and enable https and also enable authentication for streaming the push green to save.

birdman
08-10-14, 20:09
Can I install my own SSL certificates on the server (since I do have my own CA set-up for my own systems)?

What I'd really liek here is the ability to require a password only for connexions from hosts which are not on the local network. I don't really mind the rest of the family connecting at home without one.

rosco1874
29-10-14, 23:09
Can I install my own SSL certificates on the server (since I do have my own CA set-up for my own systems)?

What I'd really liek here is the ability to require a password only for connexions from hosts which are not on the local network. I don't really mind the rest of the family connecting at home without one.

Did you get this to work?

pembo
29-10-14, 23:24
Did you get this to work?

SSH with certs/password and port forwards to the openwebif ports?

birdman
29-10-14, 23:44
Did you get this to work?Haven't had any answer yet, and haven't tried.
To some extent it's not all that relevant to me as I'd only really want that if I were allowing streaming externally using port forwarding, and there isn't much point in streaming over my ADSL upload link. I was just wondering how configurable access control was.

So what I'd actually like is to require password (or SSL certificate, ...) access to the admin pages, while allowing anonymous access to the available recordings and streaming (i.e. authenticate the write parts but not the read-only parts). That way I can set a password and the rest of the family can still stream, without me worrying that they might screw up the box.