PDA

View Full Version : rf modulator setup

sticky7
07-10-14, 21:47
Hi,

I'm pretty new to this, just got my 1st box a couple of weeks ago, vu+ duo. Love it.
I am looking for advice on how to feed it back to the bedroom as I used to have with Sly set up (ie magic eye).

I have been searching online for the best solution but still not sure. I have a Triax Tri-link modulator. I also have a powered splitter in the loft which I was just using for 2 other terestial tvs previously. After coming across this image :

I wondered if I could do more than just feed the bedroom? ie. other 2 TV's aswell.

I'm just not sure combining will work? Does anyone have any experience of this or wish to advise on what to do?

Thanks.

garyblas
07-10-14, 21:55
I send my from RF modulator to booster in loft then from booster to as many tv's as your booster supports.
Scan tv for analogue channel and all good.

TK4|2|1
08-10-14, 07:14
That diagram is ok, but it's not great. The aerial feed should go direct into your tri link modulator, then returned to amp.
As Garyblas says you can feed it to as many TV's as your amp supports.
Notice we are saying amp NOT splitter, and if you want the magic eyes to work it will need to be a remote bypass compatible amp.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

Andy_Hazza
08-10-14, 09:02
For the best picture I would use the Extender over HDMI Cat5/6 option.

sticky7
08-10-14, 10:25
Would love to go down CAT5 options but I'm trying to utilise what's already there without re-cabling. I only have 1 tv cable coming from loft to box so I can't feed triax with terrestrial and return it to amp.

My main concern with the diagram was, do you need to separate the combined feeds prior to inserting into other tvs? Basically I would like to have Freeview on other TV's but the ability to change to Sat (without having to change aerial cables behind tv) if nobody is watching it at main tv.

garyblas
08-10-14, 11:22
The way i have it is from duo, scart output to my modulator. then RF out of modulator to 6 way amplifier, then from amp feed up to 6 TV's.
If you dont use amplifier and use a splitter you will get signal db loss.

sticky7
08-10-14, 14:00
@garyblas
Yeah that's the way I want to do it but just thought I could combine in loft so I got freeview on other TV's as well as duo feed.
Probably asking too much!

sticky7
19-10-14, 23:32
Do you have to disconnect hdmi to get this to work? i.e. Only 1 output at a time?

Rob van der Does
19-10-14, 23:46
No .