PDA

View Full Version : Lose settings upgrading?

intrigue
07-10-14, 08:32
Hi,

If I upgrade through the menu system on the box, or via USB, will I lose all my plugins and settings?

ronand
07-10-14, 09:51
Using the software upgrade method you will keep everything. A backup of your setttings/plugins is made anyway before the upgrade starts. If upgrading using the image manager (couch flashing) then you will need to make a backup first which you can then restore using the first installation wizard. In any case it is good practice to make a backup on a regular basis. My machine is set up to do a backup in the early hours of the morning everyday.

intrigue
07-10-14, 10:14
Great, thanks. Will look into it tonight in more detail re setting up backups etc.

Woman is angry - she hasn't watched so little TV in years haha

ronand
07-10-14, 10:28
If you have a twin tuner receiver then stream to an ipad or laptop - it might avoid a divorce

intrigue
07-10-14, 10:43
Yeah got a twin - it's not that I'm watching the TV, it's me messing about with plugins nd images haha

Larry-G
07-10-14, 16:18
Yeah got a twin - it's not that I'm watching the TV, it's me messing about with plugins nd images haha

That's a good reason to make regular settings and image backups, so if it does go all pear shaped and the other half want's to watch her soaps you can restore to a known working backup image in less time than it taker to make a cuppa.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

intrigue
07-10-14, 16:33
I'll be making regular backups for sure after last night haha