PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo 2 visable on home network

gataboy1
06-10-14, 16:51
I have a Vu Solo 2 with a vix image. I've had the box about 4 weeks so still very green..

I've tried many FTP programs over the last few weeks with little success, however I've just given FlashFXP a go and it sort of works.

For some reason I still cannot get to the Vu box using the IP address etc., but using the local browser (right hand screen) on FXP I can see the box on my home network, root is visible and I can and access it.

Is it ok to transfer files with this setup...?..just seems too simple. I can also see and access the box on my home network via my pc without FXP

Larry-G
06-10-14, 16:55
If you can access the receiver directly from your PC then you can directly transfer files to and from the receiver without any issues unless the file needs permissions to be set then you may have some issues. What exactly happens with FTP ? I also use a fully paid for version of Flash FXP with my receivers with no problems what so ever.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gataboy1
06-10-14, 17:04
I think its totally down to me being a bit thick and entering incorrect data..! Would it be possible to give me a quick run down on this starting from base please...ie where do I get the IP address from on the box..?

Larry-G
06-10-14, 17:27
I think its totally down to me being a bit thick and entering incorrect data..! Would it be possible to give me a quick run down on this starting from base please...ie where do I get the IP address from on the box..?

I am not near a receiver at the moment so can't give exact details, but if you go into the info pages it will give you that and more information.

Menu > information >

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

gataboy1
09-10-14, 13:24
Hi Phoenix, all sorted now thanks
I am not near a receiver at the moment so can't give exact details, but if you go into the info pages it will give you that and more information.

Menu > information >

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Larry-G
09-10-14, 13:26
Congratulations on resolving your issue and thank you for keeping us informed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk